Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Gillingham | 13th Feb 2021: Game on!

Comments

• Surprised that DJ came on for JFC, with us moving players around. Why not go like for like with Smith?
  • Really frustrating half, I’m scratching my head a bit trying to work us out. 

JFC going off has disrupted us but defensively as a team we are just not good enough.

long way to go though 
    Agreed. Neither side has got much shape about it. But it's chaotic in a pretty entertaining way. 
  • Can certainly see us scoring again, the problem is i wouldn't be at all surprised if we conceded again.
  • ct_addick said:
    I do question the number of goals from outside the box Amos has let in
    Yes, while most of them were unsaveable, it's hard not to wonder if Amos could have got a fingertip or a couple of them
  • Early equaliser then wrap up the three points. Let's bring DJ into the game more
  • edited February 2021
    No changes needed. Perhaps Schwartz and smith on for stockley and Shinnie/pratley later in the game

Despite those worldly goals our defence has looked poor anyway, there’s no changing that.

No we couldn’t just find another defender in January before you start
  • mendonca said:
    Surprised that DJ came on for JFC, with us moving players around. Why not go like for like with Smith?
    Why sign Smith on loan and not another defender.... Feel like Morgan is more than capable of playing that role.
  • He is easy to beat from out the box. Hardly gets a touch on any attempts. Closing down can be better but also means he has a view of the strike.
  • Blame me. Bought the steam this  afternoon. Knew I should have stick with Jeff Stelling. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    fenn3098 said:
    I think we have a gypsy curse on us.

Well, if any visiting team was to do it...
  • mendonca said:
    Surprised that DJ came on for JFC, with us moving players around. Why not go like for like with Smith?
    Agreed, I would have brought on Morgan and played him on the right
  • edited February 2021
    Blame me. Bought the steam this  afternoon. Knew I should have stick with Jeff Stelling. 
    You watching may just be what we need to defeat "the Golfie" curse

Failing that then the only thing I can suggest is we sacrifice you to a God of your choice
  • mendonca said:
    Why sign Smith on loan and not another defender.... Feel like Morgan is more than capable of playing that role.
    Agree, it now means if we need an attacking move in the 2nd half, we will be bringing a CM on, not a flyer.
  • When Watson, Pratley, Innis and Famewo all played, yes it was only 3 games, but Amos was making saves from outside the box. 

There is no pressure on the players shooting (although their 2nd today was just a worldy).  That can't be JUST down to the center halves? 
  • Strange old game.

You could say we've played OK - and indeed for much of that half we were the better team.

Or you could say we are still pretty shambolic at the back and look like conceding every time Gillingham hurl the ball into the box.

Not sure what the answer is other than keep on attacking! 
  • I was surprised to see JFC replaced by DJ. This 4-4-2 with two attacking wingers looks like something played in the 70s. 
  • Fumbluff said:
    At least Johann is doing alright for Burnley. 

We’re not pulling this one back around are we...

Burnley had scored 2 in 9 previous away games.  Today they scored 2 in 10 minutes :)
  • Pearce’s lack of pace is exposed every game. I do feel we have thrown away at least a play off place by not signing a CB in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe we need to get Steve Brown in as a defensive advisor, let JJ concentrate on the midfield. Read this article which demonstrates that Steve knows what he is talking about.
    https://medium.com/@benjynurick/the-art-of-defendending-with-former-charlton-centre-back-steve-brown-4276d03011e0
  • Here come the Addicks for the second half... Big 45 minutes to come. COME ON YOUUU REDSSS! #cafc
  • Jacko desperately trying to prove his legs haven't gone there. :)
  • Bob Bolder, what a fucking top bloke.
    You can so tell he is from Dover !!

Charlton legend - I bet he is great company in the boozer
  • edited February 2021
    Chunes said:
    I was surprised to see JFC replaced by DJ. This 4-4-2 with two attacking wingers looks like something played in the 70s. 
    Quite an attacking midfield four. If we don't take our chances, we'll be punished by about 3/4 goals.
  • Buckle yourself in people 
  • When is Famewo back? He's on some sort of Jim White time frame at the moment. 
  • 25% Charlton win
    50% draw
    25% Gills win

• We will win this - have faith...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!