Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who would you keep/like to see move on at the end of the season?

I touched on this on my post match comments, but I’m curious to see who others would like to keep or move on at the end of the season?  I think for me, keep Amos, Morgan, Jayesimi, Inniss, Schwarz and Aneke.  Would like to get Millar and Stockley, but think both will have better options at the end of the season

Comments

• Options
    I would offer new contracts to Aneke and JFC and offer Stockley a deal. Everyone else out of contract or on loan, I would not be angry if they left. Would like to see us keep Famewo (unlikely). 

Don’t think we’ve got any chance of keeping Millar.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    cabbles said:
    I touched on this on my post match comments, but I’m curious to see who others would like to keep or move on at the end of the season?  I think for me, keep Amos, Morgan, Jayesimi, Inniss, Schwarz and Aneke.  Would like to get Millar and Stockley, but think both will have better options at the end of the season
    Isn't Jaiyesimi on a three-and-a-half year deal?

With Sandgaard's five-year plan to reach the Premier League, Jaiyesimi is part of our all-conquering Championship winning squad.

Oh, Jesus!
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I think my list is the same as yours except take out Amos and add Famewo - although the latter probably goes in the Millar/Stockley category.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Assuming we are still League One which looks likely I would keep the below but clearly likes of Famewo and Millar are massively unlikely.

Likes of Matthews and Purrington as back up, and particularly because we need some stability, we can't bring 20 new players in and hope to be successful.

GK
    AMB

Defence
    Matthews
    Famewo
    Innis
    Purrington

Midfield
    Morgan
    Millar
    Shinnie
    Gilbey?
    Jayesimi
    JFC

Strikers
    Stockley
    Schwartz
    Aneke

Would then need a keeper, 4 defenders, 1 striker and 2-3 midfielders.  Question mark on Gilbey as I simply have not seen enough of him to make a decision but he does have previous pedigree. 

8-9 true quality additions to the above and we should be a very decent L1 outfit but they would need to be top class additions as most would be starters.
  • Options
    Bowyer
    finish top 6 you can stay 
    miss out on top 6 on your way 
    I totally agree.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Keep

AMB

Matthews 
    Famewo
    Inniss
    Oshilaja
    Purrington

Morgan 
    JFC
    Jaiyesimi 

Schwartz 
    Aneke
    Washington

Try to buy
    Shinnie
    Stockley

No hope but try 
    Millar
  • Options
    A lot of people not keeping Gunter, who has a contract for next season already? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I am really looking forward to having a new club captain. Perhaps a winner who makes others raise their game. Someone who will bang heads together, rather than nice guy Pearce. 

We're also desperate for a top-class CM, despite all our options. A Whiteman or a Fraser, a player who can run games and who we can build for the future around. JFC, Gilbey, Pratley, Shinnie, they just aren't good enough or aren't that kind of player. 

Other than that, I agree with all Scoham's choices, except Pratley who I would let go. 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:

With Sandgaard's five-year plan to reach the Premier League, Jaiyesimi is part of our all-conquering Championship winning squad.

Oh, Jesus!
    Are you really judging a player based on two substitute appearances?
    Yup.

Let's keep track of this, shall we?

I will be delighted to be wrong.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I am really looking forward to having a new club captain. Perhaps a winner who makes others raise their game. Someone who will bang heads together, rather than nice guy Pearce. 

We're also desperate for a top-class CM, despite all our options. Someone like a Whiteman or a Fraser - a player who can run games and who we can build for the future around. JFC, Gilbey, Pratley, Shinnie, they just aren't good enough or aren't that kind of player. 

Other than that, I agree with all Scoham's choices, except Pratley who I would let go. 
    I'd only keep Pratley now that the salary cap has gone and there's no other limited put in place. He'd be there as someone to have around the squad, not guaranteed to be in the match day squad every week. Good to have a few like that just as we had with players like Euell and Hughes in our title winning season.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Keep

AMB
    Amos (but not as first choice)
    Matthews 
    Inniss
    Oshilaja
    Purrington
    Morgan 
    JFC
    Jaiyesimi
    Pratley 
    Schwartz 
    Aneke
    Try to buy
    Shinnie
    Stockley

Try to extend Millar and Famewo loan

Unsure about Gilbey. I do think there is a player in there.
  • Options
    I would get rid of

Purrington
    Pearce
    Oshilaja
    Watson
    Morgan
    Pratley
    Gilbey (Has been awful but part of me thinks there could be a decent player in there, but as it stands get rid)

From the loans I would try to bring back
    Shinnie
    Stockley
    Millar (Think he will be playing Championship football at least next season with or without us.
    Famewo (If his injury is going to clear up sometime this century.
    Smith (Not sure yet as hardly played)
    Maatsen (Lots of promise at start but been poor last few months, when he comes back into the team we can see. Not sure

Would also like a better Keeper then Amos, Amos can be no 2.

Keep the rest.

• Options
    I certainly wouldn’t keep hold of Bowyer.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:

Oh, Jesus!
    You know the drill - write players off before the ink is dry on their contract.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:

Oh, Jesus!
    As I said to the original comment, let's re-visit this as often as you like.

Happy to be wrong ... but confident that I am not.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:

Oh, Jesus!
    As I said to the original comment, let's re-visit this as often as you like.

Happy to be wrong ... but confident that I am not.
    Give him time Dave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be great if we could sign Stockley & Millar - but I know that’s not very realistic. Would like to sign Shinnie & give new contracts to Aneke, Amos, JFC & Pratley. Possibly a fit Famewo, on another season long loan. Don’t think Maddison or Oztumer have a future at the club.
    I wouldn’t be upset if we got rid of Oshilaja & Gilbey.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Aneke, Stockley and Millar. 

Jaiyesimi looks promising so he can stay as well. 

JFC is an odd one for me - He's done well for half of this season, but its taken about 3-4 years to see any proper form out of him. 

The rest I really won't lose any sleep at all if they go. Can't remember many teams we've had like this where I've felt so little of a connection to the players on our books. Even when we had terrible seasons in the past there was still a Jackson or a Solly who you could hang your hat on as bit of a 'Mr Charlton'. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Wtf ????

We only signed him 2 weeks ago on a 3 and a half year deal. 

Another one for  #deluded 
  • Options
    We don't often keep loans for more than one season. Cullen and Da Silva are the only ones that come to mind in recent years.

I hope we get Chuks on a long-term contract but I expect another big clearout, a whole load of new players and when we're mid-table an excuse from the man agersaying we're overachieving as the new players haven't had time to gel.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    cafctom said:

Wtf ????

We only signed him 2 weeks ago on a 3 and a half year deal. 

Another one for  #deluded 
    Sorry, what?

How does that make me deluded?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    GK
    Amos - look for better, would be happy to keep as 2nd choice
    AMB - loan him out ideally to a League 2 side

RB
    Gunter - under contract, let go if someone comes in for him otherwise keep as back up
    Matthews - out of contract, replace with a first choice long term permanent signing. A quicker more attacking right back as an alternative to Gunter

CB
    Inniss - keep as under contract, don’t extend unless he can stay largely injury free.
    Famewo - try to loan back if he returns to the team and stays fit.
    Oshilaja - release, mid table L1 at best
    Pearce - release, as above

LB
    Maatsen - ideally replace with a long term permanent signing
    Purrington - keep as 2nd choice

DM
    Watson - release and replace with a long term permanent signing, a mobile energetic DM with Championship+ potential
    Pratley - keep as cover and for his character/experience

CM
    Morgan - keep
    Shinnie - like him but 32 in the summer, not convinced next season won’t be a year too far. Needs pace, energy and physicality around him
    Gilbey - too early to write him off, under contract, will be interesting to see if we do move him on in the summer
    JFC - never been fully convinced but yesterday perhaps showed he’s better defensively than Shinnie, probably keep assuming he’s not picked up another bad injury
    Smith - impossible to judge

Wingers
    Millar - keep but no chance of that unless we go up
    Jaiyesimi - keep
    New wingers - sign 3 including a Millar replacement, our strikers benefit from good service out wide

Strikers
    Aneke - offer new contract
    Schwartz - keep, will score goals with good reliable service
    Stockley - sign
    Washington - would replace with better if we could but probably not realistic
    It's a weird one to have Washington as a replace for me, he is more than adequate at this level. His shots to goals ratio is actually quite impressive. He just needs to be a bit more greedy and show faith in his ability. 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:

Oh, Jesus!
    He also looked very good in his first appearance (albeit a short one) and showed some great touches in the second one, even though he clearly wasn't at his best - who was though?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:

Oh, Jesus!
    He also looked very good in his first appearance (albeit a short one) and showed some great touches in the second one, even though he clearly wasn't at his best - who was though?
    I'd just get used to it. There's always been a portion of our support that has never got tricky wingers. Even Jerome Thomas used to get pelters for doing too many stepovers and 'no end product'. This will be a continuing theme with DJ.
  • Options
    At this stage I've no idea. For a start it depends on how we finish the season. 

We could go up in triumph via the playoffs, in which case we'll need Championship players
    We could miss out on promotion but finish strongly with positive momentum, in which case we'd want to keep as many of the squad as possible
    We could dribble along to 10th or lower playing poorly, in which case we'd want to change things

• Options
    Osilaja and Pearce to move on.  Use the lions share of the transfer budget to get 2 strong proven centre backs in.  Maybe also a left back to compete with Purrington and allow Maatsen to play left mid in a more attacking role.

Keep Akin Famewo, Millar and Stockley if possible and keep the remaining others.

I think with a solid reliable defence this squad gets promoted.