Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Affiliate your supporters group with Charlton Athletic

Charlton Athletic are offering established and new supporter groups the opportunity to officially affiliate with the club.

Supporters around the world are encouraged to set-up their own group or join a local supporters group to help the club’s fanbase grow.

Owner Thomas Sandgaard explained: “Charlton Athletic has such a large, passionate fanbase both in the UK and overseas. By setting up these groups we want to bring fans together and at the same time thank them for their support.

“Our fans are our best ambassadors and can really help us grow our fanbase by inviting friends and family to become part of the club – whether that be joining their local fan group or watching games on the new Charlton TV.

“We have some fantastic established supporters’ groups already in place and hopefully we can add some new supporters’ groups around the world to help us as we continue to grow.”

Click here for a guide on how to set up your own supporters’ group or click here to register to affiliate your supporters’ group.

Benefits for members of affiliated supporters’ groups include:

• An official certificate from Charlton Athletic confirming your affiliation

• An assigned contact at the club to provide assistance and support throughout the season

• Promotion of the fan group to fans in their area through the club database 

• Fan group content shared on club social channels to help promote your group

• Access through your groups contact to home league tickets for group bookings of 20 or more people at a discounted rate

• The chance to feature within the programme for matches throughout the season

• A dedicated section on the club’s official website promoting your group

• A personalised video message from the club to your fan group

• Guided visit to the museum and a complimentary mini stadium tour during your visit – International only

• Discount for annual Charlton TV Valley Pass Live subscriptions when purchasing multiple passes (20+) – International only

• International and UK Supporters’ Club of the Year award

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/602e95e38dcae/affiliate-your-supporters-group-with-charlton-athletic

Comments

• Options
    Since when was Bromley international Henry? :)
  • Options
    Seems a few groups popping up, which is good to see

Edit : just seen there’s a few interacting with it already 

@CharltonStudent
    @BrasilCharlton

• Options
    I think I might set a local group where I live so I can get a guided tour of the museum.
    I was going to set up one until a saw that bit :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    aliwibble said:
    Since when was Bromley international Henry? :)
    We invented science fiction and evolution in Bromley, we're universal.
  • Options
    Interesting clause on data
  • Options
    razil said:
    Not sure how I feel about this. If you're joining an affiliate you expect some links, but CAFC being able to have your data upon request seems a bit too far. 
  • Options
    So are we not setting up a Charlton Life group then? 🤔
  • Options
    razil said:
    Yes I/we (CAST) spotted that too and we will be taking it up with the club, no way that we can simply provide all our members details to the club. Still, we could get 2,700 discounted tickets for the next home game apparently if we affiliate.......
  • Options
    No thanks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bermuda Addicks Unite! It says we need three to five. Is this a hard requirement? ;-)
  • Options
    The "interesting clause on data" has now been removed. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    razil said:
    Yes I/we (CAST) spotted that too and we will be taking it up with the club, no way that we can simply provide all our members details to the club. Still, we could get 2,700 discounted tickets for the next home game apparently if we affiliate.......
    Have mentioned to TR and he’s on the case
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Bermuda Addicks Unite! It says we need three to five. Is this a hard requirement? ;-)
    I usually visit a couple of times a year if that counts?!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    I usually visit a couple of times a year if that counts?!
    You're in mate.
  • Options
    No thanks 
    Does that mean we are?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think a lot of the benefits of geographical based groups have been eroded by the internet. The strongest ones that functioned as a group, actually had structure, were based on travel and access to tickets when scarce. They usually had strong leaders.

I won’t presume to comment too much on Bromley, but  I’m not convinced it has the same coherence as, for example, Maidstone in the past, which isn’t to say it doesn’t hold successful meetings. 

I don’t really think there is critical mass in many overseas countries to build significant groups, although there’s no harm in trying. 

What happens if there are competing “groups” in the same area, which is likely if you offer ticket incentives? Who decides which group is the “real” one or do fans in that area get competing publicity messages? Why is geography the determinant and not age, race, gender, sexuality, disability, etc, where that characteristic might be a more meaningful distinction than location? 

Lots of questions and a recipe for confusion with even more people claiming to lead groups in order to get to the table than we already had at the fans’ forum. It looks like half an idea that hasn’t been properly thought through - hence the probably illegal initial attempt to harvest data.

That, by the way, is what the Target 10k/40k committee did - tested such ideas out with a group of experienced fans before launching them to identify the pitfalls and iron them out.

Couldn't agree more. 

I think there is a temptation, understandably, from within in most groups of people, to want a seat at the table.  If there is a table.

If in my part of the word if we had a social group that could arrange tickets for local away games, maybe even a mini bus, organise meetings with ex players every now and then maybe the odd quiz or race night type of thing.  Brilliant, I would be intrested.

Once you get "representatives" it becomes a very different animal.   Even a "social group" that gets too big risks becoming overwhelming political, often at the expense of the poor sods that put the hard work in in the first place. 
    You're not on the Bromley Addicks committee anymore @Cafc43v3r get over it : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think a lot of the benefits of geographical based groups have been eroded by the internet. The strongest ones that functioned as a group, actually had structure, were based on travel and access to tickets when scarce. They usually had strong leaders.

I won’t presume to comment too much on Bromley, but  I’m not convinced it has the same coherence as, for example, Maidstone in the past, which isn’t to say it doesn’t hold successful meetings. 

I don’t really think there is critical mass in many overseas countries to build significant groups, although there’s no harm in trying. 

What happens if there are competing “groups” in the same area, which is likely if you offer ticket incentives? Who decides which group is the “real” one or do fans in that area get competing publicity messages? Why is geography the determinant and not age, race, gender, sexuality, disability, etc, where that characteristic might be a more meaningful distinction than location? 

Lots of questions and a recipe for confusion with even more people claiming to lead groups in order to get to the table than we already had at the fans’ forum. It looks like half an idea that hasn’t been properly thought through - hence the probably illegal initial attempt to harvest data.

That, by the way, is what the Target 10k/40k committee did - tested such ideas out with a group of experienced fans before launching them to identify the pitfalls and iron them out.

Couldn't agree more. 

I think there is a temptation, understandably, from within in most groups of people, to want a seat at the table.  If there is a table.

If in my part of the word if we had a social group that could arrange tickets for local away games, maybe even a mini bus, organise meetings with ex players every now and then maybe the odd quiz or race night type of thing.  Brilliant, I would be intrested.

Once you get "representatives" it becomes a very different animal.   Even a "social group" that gets too big risks becoming overwhelming political, often at the expense of the poor sods that put the hard work in in the first place. 
    You're not on the Bromley Addicks committee anymore @Cafc43v3r get over it : - )
    Oh no, it's too soon, it's only been 25 years!!!! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Feck me, is it that long?   
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Feck me, is it that long?   
    Must be near enough, I moved out of Bromley over 20 years ago. 
  • Options
    Agree with Airman and Irving on much of the above.

there was a consultation of sorts about the FF a while back but this is different and new era.

The current ‘proposal’ wasn’t consulted on and partly for that reason doesn’t address the diversity in character of the numerous groups.

if you take City Addicks

- Free informal drinking club
    - meets 1-2 time a year or more
    - No travel interest, etc
    - decent numbers normally oversubscribed events
    - substantial social media/membership (200+)
    - hard to get volunteers to help run it
    - don’t need more publicity

we’ve only had one meeting in recent years pre covid due to an inability to persuade guests to come to the City due to parking etc

are the club going guarantee to address this? 

Do groups disband because the club won’t support them effectively with guests? 

This was a continuous problem I found, and some of us don’t have the time to constantly chase and harass the club on this. 

• Options
    Has any supporters group gone through this process and is now an certificated affiliated group?
    As international supporters it won't be so easy to fulfill the regional aspect. I don't think there a so many Addicks in one country. My call for supporters in Europe brought answers from all across Europe and even South Korea and Argentina.
  • Options
    Bromley Addicks have but haven't got any response as yet.

Good to hear the support is spread so far and wide
  • Options
    Nothing further heard back from Armed Forces Addicks, we responded pretty much straight away.
  • Options
    no formal response to CADSA as yet