Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Affiliate your supporters group with Charlton Athletic

13»

Comments

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    I don't recall reading anything that said you have to be within a certain geographical area. If that's the case how have non geographical groups (such as CADSA or Armed forces) been able to sign up? Was their membership addresses checked?
    That isn't the problem . Its rather that - and this is nobody's fault - you have international groups that already existed before this initiative started. I believe (and @MadGerman can confirm if I got this right) that the North American group have invested money in merchandise, and it bears the legend "Addicks International" or something like that. I can think of solutions in terms of names, but not a solution that won't result in the NA Addicks finding their merchandise a bit redundant. 
    Not sure how that effects being affiliated - or are you saying NA Addicks wanted to use the term Addicks International and that someone was already registered as International Addicks? I thought both were turned down? (only going by this thread I have no inside knowledge!)
    Not sure. @MadGerman has all the details, but the merchandise the NA Addicks have invested in is the deal breaker for them. 
  • Options
    Can’t help but think that far too much detail and importance is being linked to this affiliation aspect
    Quite possibly.  The benefits (other than the priceless tour round the museum) are a bit vague at the moment but that could change and it is, IMHO, as much for the club as for the groups themselves.  Then again, that there is this interest and debate shows the idea, if not the execution, is sound.

Scottish Addicks (not sure what they are called officially) have signed up according to someone on twitter (who I assume is Mr @Weegie Addick )

@MadGerman "United Nations not otherwise connected to an affiliated Group Addicks"  might be a bit too much :smile:

But I can see why "International Addicks" for a group based in North America raised eyebrows. It's a bit all encompassing.
  • Options
    North London based fan club?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    I don't recall reading anything that said you have to be within a certain geographical area. If that's the case how have non geographical groups (such as CADSA or Armed forces) been able to sign up? Was their membership addresses checked?
    That isn't the problem . Its rather that - and this is nobody's fault - you have international groups that already existed before this initiative started. I believe (and @MadGerman can confirm if I got this right) that the North American group have invested money in merchandise, and it bears the legend "Addicks International" or something like that. I can think of solutions in terms of names, but not a solution that won't result in the NA Addicks finding their merchandise a bit redundant. 
    Not sure how that effects being affiliated - or are you saying NA Addicks wanted to use the term Addicks International and that someone was already registered as International Addicks? I thought both were turned down? (only going by this thread I have no inside knowledge!)
    Not sure. @MadGerman has all the details, but the merchandise the NA Addicks have invested in is the deal breaker for them. 

The point with the group in North America is, they started before the announcement of the club. They've chosen the name "Addicks International" and orderd t-shirts, scarves, sticker and more with the group's name on it. After that they got in contact with the club over affiliation. They coudn't solve the issue wiht the name and pulled out.
    We, as "International Addicks" came a bit later, but we became aware of the North American group and are in contact with them.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    North London based fan club?
    Bromley Addicks or to use our new name "Bromley and anywhere inside the M25 Addicks"

Seriously, if there are enough people great time to start a group
  • Options
    Can’t help but think that far too much detail and importance is being linked to this affiliation aspect
    Quite possibly.  The benefits (other than the priceless tour round the museum) are a bit vague at the moment but that could change and it is, IMHO, as much for the club as for the groups themselves.  Then again, that there is this interest and debate shows the idea, if not the execution, is sound.

Scottish Addicks (not sure what they are called officially) have signed up according to someone on twitter (who I assume is Mr @Weegie Addick )

@MadGerman "United Nations not otherwise connected to an affiliated Group Addicks"  might be a bit too much :smile:

But I can see why "International Addicks" for a group based in North America raised eyebrows. It's a bit all encompassing.
    I don't believe either the Chair or Secretary of Charlton Fans in Scotland post on here. The Secretary happens to be called Robert but is not my husband.

Strangely there are at least three "Heathers" and three "Roberts" in the group. Myself and Mr W are mere members and intend to keep it that way.

Isn't it briiliant that we have found so many Addicks North of the Border?
  • Options
    Apologies for my assumption @Weegie Addick

I knew your other half was a Robert
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apologies for my assumption @Weegie Addick

I knew your other half was a Robert
    No worries. 
  • Options

East Kent Addicks have signed up
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    No FF for c18 months now..

Some people may not see the value of the meeting, but the best moment for me was when the group united to tell LdT it wasn't going to let him manipulate the FF to apologise on behalf of CAFC fans for some graffiti in Belgium.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    That was a very united front and it was a flat refusal to apologise on behalf of the fanbase, something we had no mandate to do even if there was an act to apologise for.

The evening was very bizarre from start to finish. Graffiti gate, plus LdT announcing that they were going to demand the Football League bought Charlton for a pound and almost expecting us to applaud and support the notion. 

It all seems such a surreal time in our history.  
  • Options
    Bromley Addicks chair Ian Wallis @killerjerrylee raised the issue of no fans forum meetings with the new fans liaison officer, Lucy Bishop, last week when she joined our zoom meeting.

She said there were plans for a meeting to be held but there were no details or dates.

I believe Ian has been in touch with her since but haven't heard anymore.
  • Options
    Lucy has confirmed since the Bromley Addicks meeting that a Fans Forum meeting is high on the agenda so hope to hear further very soon.
  • Options
    Lucy has confirmed since the Bromley Addicks meeting that a Fans Forum meeting is high on the agenda so hope to hear further very soon.
    She is also arranging a meeting with CADSA very soon, so seems to be getting active now.