Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roy Hodgson on overambition for Palace.

Comments

• Options
    Thought Brighton looked a great side that half but what a horrific goal to concede
  • Options
    Jammy cnuts. Completely outplayed for 90 minutes.

They are the luckiest bunch in the whole world.
    180 minutes. Think over the 2 games Brighton had 44 shots to Palaces 4, finished 1-1 and 1-2. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    How?! Just how? The biggest smash and grab I’ve seen in a while. Jammy bastards!
  • Options
    50 pens in their promotion season, 49 of which were dives by Zaha.
  • Options
    Utter, stripey shite houses
  • Options
    I'm afraid to say when it happens time and time again, it really isn't luck.
    Palace defended like I wish we would.
    They get nearly everyone behind the ball, give the opposition no space and defend like their lives depend on it.
    I really didn't think Brighton would get a 2nd and wasn't overly surprised when Palace nicked it.
    Charlton's "defence" is the complete opposite, although we did tough it out at Fleetwood. 
  • Options
    Charlton have won 2 of the last 16 v Millwall and none of the last 12. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nit as even as I thought though to be fair. 

Palace are so f***ing spawny
  • Options
    Daylight robbery! 😤🤨😡
  • Options
    Mate, I'm depressed enough having watched Palace commit robbery tonight. Don't depress me even more. 
  • Options
    Good luck to them, our ex chairman made a cock of himself and it not only back fired on him but set the tone for the shit we have put up with for God knows how many years. You can trace everything back to that and his comment when Curbishley left, 'Charlton Athletic are more than just Alan Curbishley'. We didn't ask for more and in hindsight you can see we couldn't achieve it anyway, lost Parker, Jensen and Di Canio in one season. Impossible to replace and Curbs knew it. 
  • Options
    There is definitely a similarity as I said.
    Palace have the Indian sign over Brighton in recent times, like you've had over us since before I was born :neutral:
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Aagghhh, jammy tossers the Nigel's.  Most dull PL team ever.  All those years and never finished above 10th.  Carried by one player and out played most weeks, but sneak enough to stay up.  Was really hoping they lost tonight as I think they would have been squarely in the relegation mire with their run in but that win pulls them clear of that sadly.
  • Options

You're obviously not including friendlies and u23s. 

Barely a day passes in SE London where "Haasselbaink in the sun" isn't revered.

• Options
    The only consolation to take from it being palace is that it would feel 100 times worse (at least ) if it was the scum 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Said on another thread that whenever we talk like this Palace go on a winning run.
    I rest my case m'lud.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    the same people calling for bowyer's head are the same that wanted rid of curbs.

Which should tell you all you need to know.

I'm sorry? With curbishley we reached a ceiling of where we could be and the club could go no further. Comfortable premier league club. Under bowyer we are heading towards mid table league 1!!!!. Are we supposed to accept that?
    i legit remember reading on various charlton message boards at the time that curbs had run out of ideas, had lost the respect of key players and we were playing negative football in a turgid 451 system and that we shouldnt accept that and get some one else in with fresh ideas. 
    What 'various Charlton message boards' were these then?

Certainly no more than a few dissenting voices on here and ITTV didn't exist when Curbs was Manager.
    addickted.net and the bizarre at times your views part of the official site.
    And before Addickted. net there was cafc-fans, a. quite lively forum. There were indeed many discussions regarding whether Curbs should stay or go. 

Those who vocally expressed their opinions and wanted Curbs gone ("he's taken us as far as he can" etc.) probably stopped following Charlton many years ago anyway? Could that be the reason why almost all of us, the remaining supporters are saying "we didn't want Curbs to leave" as indeed none of us did?
  • Options
    its a pretty one sided but justified 'rivalry' for how palace fans treated us allegedly during the grounshare but its before my time. I'd go against the grain here and just treat it like a derby.
  • Options
    Addickted said: it
    So disappointed. Gone through the entire spread and there is no pictures of this no doubt wonderful banner the Ultras designed during lockdown and then put up outside their training ground.

I was looking forward to seeing a number of bedsheets tied together and then coloured in in crayon by the Premier Leagues most infantile fan base.

I expect there  will be a tik tok of a group of the ultras in full kit  doing a choreographed dance and singing how Woy should go.

Joke club, joke fan base. 

Thanks Addickted, at least it’s not one of those cartoon type ones they usually produce. 

• Options
    edited February 2021
    its a pretty one sided but justified 'rivalry' for how palace fans treated us allegedly during the grounshare but its before my time. I'd go against the grain here and just treat it like a derby.
    Having grown up amongst them, it's definitely more a rivalry for me than most Charlton fans. For me, a derby is any match where you live, work and drink amongst each other.

Don't buy into the one sided spin they like to put on it. There's a big element of both fanbases that hate each other, and would certainly class it as a rivalry.
  • Options
    My hatred spawns from the Rattenburys I was forced to sit next to at primary school.
    They used to wear that kit with the stripe across the chest under their uniform.
    They were all kinds of wrong.
    Yet I loved their Mum, she was our lollipop lady, I felt so sorry for her.

The commentator even regurgitated Woy’s bollix during the game and my hubby said, ‘he’s right’ 😳😳
    Definitely proves it wasn’t the fans who spouted this nonsense but those fair weathered fans who came along for the Premiership ride 🙄
    I soon put the Spurs fan in his place, ‘he’s right indeed!’
  • Options

Croydon said:
    WK6824Nine said:
    Having grown up amongst them, it's definitely more a rivalry for me than most Charlton fans. For me, a derby is any match where you live, work and drink amongst each other.

Don't buy into the one sided spin they like to put on it. There's a big element of both fanbases that hate each other, and would certainly class it as a rivalry.

Back in school the only 2 groups of fans who would give me vitriol as a Charlton fan were both Palace and Arsenal fans, consequently I've grown up utterly despising both of them teams. Never really had any grief from the Millwall lot as we knew where we stood and sort of got on.

• Options
    edited February 2021

Croydon said:
    WK6824Nine said:

Back in school the only 2 groups of fans who would give me vitriol as a Charlton fan were both Palace and Arsenal fans, consequently I've grown up utterly despising both of them teams. Never really had any grief from the Millwall lot as we knew where we stood and sort of got on.

Exactly the same experience at my school which was made up of pupils largely from Croydon and penge, beckenham etc.  My good mates there were mainly Arsenal/ spurs so used to take the piss a bit from the comfort of their armchairs but this was mid 90s and palace were at their pomp and they were very quick with the sneering despite in the main largely resembling  more bookish version of the Inbetweeners.

Had a few Millwall mates there one who (bizarrely out of character)  actually got time for the brum riot I found out years later and they were sound...went to games, feet on the ground and knew the score about supporting club from beyond an armchair.

I never really had or recognised a rivalry with Millwall back then as far as I was concerned as the hooligan stuff of 70s and 80s was pre my days of going to Charlton and never saw it as much more than a local game without any real aggro up to and including the 4-0 friendly. Also growing up in Orpington never knew any other Charlton really outside of my immediate family and had mates and neighbours who were Millwall but never any animosity and wouldn't mind them doing well. 

Think it really changed when we started playing each other regularly  in the league subsequently and the silliness that followed along with our shambolic showings. Appreciate others have a much longer held dislike of them from their experiences but for me palace were always the club that got on my tits growing up because of the area I went to school in and their success they had at the time.

To be fair to them though I don't think they (Palace) are much different as people as many Charlton fans despite their penchant for goal music, pseudo intellectual banner statements and  desperation bordering on obsession with being recognised as bona fide saaarf london.

To be honest many football fans are similar these days deep down once you get away from an often put on image/ contrived stereotype identity whether it be Millwall, Palace, Charlton etc given that support is more wide spread and not limited to certain pockets of the capital/country.