Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke red card overturned

Comments

• Bloody ell. That is a surprise
  • Very good news 
  • Good, he can come on at half time tomorrow when we are 2-0 down :wink:

Joking aside that is good news, it's easier to play with 2 big men up front.  He would be a big miss, especially for 4 games. 
  • Great, one less excuse bowyer can use after tomorrow's game.
  • Correct decision in my view, because it was an accident, certainly could be classed as clumsy, but it was never violent conduct. 
  • Wonder if ref reviewed it and realised the mistake
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:
    Wonder if ref reviewed it and realised the mistake
    Independent regulatory commission, so no.
  • Worked out well for us. It made no difference to the game, and Chuks surely deserved a yellow for the challenge anyway
  • I don't remember ever seeing a tweet like that before, is it a regular thing or should we phone up the Guinness Book of Records.

Very pleasantly surprised.
  • Rudders22 said:
    Wonder if ref reviewed it and realised the mistake
    Independent regulatory commission, so no.
    Doesn't it have to go to the commission anyway? The ref can say he thinks he got it wrong which helps. Not sure, just asking if anybody knows.
  • Top notch. Bring him on for the last 5 minutes tomorrow once Rondog has got his hat trick.
  • RedChaser said:
    The ref got two big decisions wrong, the Stockley offside goal that wasn’t and Chucks sending off, not that the latter mattered much in the overall scheme of things but Bowyers criticism of the officials was fully justified on this occasion.
    The officials would also have been fully justified in criticising Bowyer for some of his decisions that game!
  • at last, a bit of good news
  • That ref really was something else
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    The ref got two big decisions wrong, the Stockley offside goal that wasn’t and Chucks sending off, not that the latter mattered much in the overall scheme of things but Bowyers criticism of the officials was fully justified on this occasion.
    The officials would also have been fully justified in criticising Bowyer for some of his decisions that game!
    You just can’t resist can you, so predictable, carry on 😏.
  • The ref scored 2.36 in the players marks, the lowest for this and last season says it all 😏.
  • Correct decision to overturn the red card against Aneke. Was a clear overreaction by a referee who was in a whistle happy mood on Saturday. Well done to the system and the referee himself if he was required to admit his mistake to make it happen.

Not sure just having Aneke back is going to change the outcome of the match tomorrow but I don't think it's going to do any harm.
  • I honestly think we will win the league now. Having Aneke available to pick splinters out of his arse for the next 4 games is such a boost.
  • Just a shame that they can't pass on the 3 match ban to the overweight excuse for a ref
  • I wasn't optimistic when he waddled on to the pitch.
    I’m prepared to cut anyone a bit of slack with temptation of comfort eating during lockdown but referees are already on dodgy ground before a ball is kicked with most football fans 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    Have you forgotten about the second pen?
  • edited March 2021
    RedChaser said:
    Have you forgotten about the second pen?
    Oops yes! Make that three big decisions, duly edited 👍😉