Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke red card overturned

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    The ref got two big decisions wrong, the Stockley offside goal that wasn’t and Chucks sending off, not that the latter mattered much in the overall scheme of things but Bowyers criticism of the officials was fully justified on this occasion.
    The officials would also have been fully justified in criticising Bowyer for some of his decisions that game!
    What are you talking about? When is formation or substitutions by a manager ever fully justified to be criticised by an official? Bizarre post to make. 
    Obviously I wasn't suggesting that the referee slagged Bowyer off after the match, but after every game, players and managers moan about every mistake officials make, when in the course of a game they make far fewer mistakes than the players and officials. The alternative if you want 100% accuracy (ha ha) is VAR

Indeed I sometimes suspect managers like having a decision go against them as it gives them a distraction for their post match press conferences. 
  • Options
    Whats the point, will only come on for 20 minutes when we’re 2 nil down
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    The ref got two  three* big decisions wrong, the Stockley offside goal that wasn’t and Chucks sending off, not that the latter mattered much in the overall scheme of things but Bowyers criticism of the officials was fully justified on this occasion.

*and the second pen when he was conned
    Watson's reaction was quite telling, I thought.  Did a reply show no contact?  It certainly looked like the Seasider threw himself to the floor.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    The ref got two  three* big decisions wrong, the Stockley offside goal that wasn’t and Chucks sending off, not that the latter mattered much in the overall scheme of things but Bowyers criticism of the officials was fully justified on this occasion.

Was it the referee who got the offside "goal" decision wrong or the linesman? I assume that it was the linesman.
    He may have been shit but it's a bit unfair to blame him for somebody else's mistake. 
  • Options
    Are we 100% the disallowed goal was onside. The footage I saw was a bit hard to judge. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    The ref scored 2.36 in the players marks, the lowest for this and last season says it all 😏.
    2.36?!

How did he score so high?
  • Options
    Good news. The fat prick (ref, not Chuks) was a disgrace.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Was it the referee who got the offside "goal" decision wrong or the linesman? I assume that it was the linesman.
    He may have been shit but it's a bit unfair to blame him for somebody else's mistake. 
    I think bowyer has said it was the linesman’s decision to disallow Stockley’s goal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah massive surprise but I think it was harsh and the right decision to rescind. Haha, wonder if Bowyer will leave him on the bench anyway. Who knows
  • Options
    Great news. Need the efl to provide more training for these refs. Not an isolated incident.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

That’s a reasonable point of view but he leads the team of officials the senior man in command, so the buck stops with him on behalf of his crew.
  • Options
    Are we 100% the disallowed goal was onside. The footage I saw was a bit hard to judge. 
    Yes the analyst said so, and Curbs, Lisbie and Minto agreed it was a goal on VP post match.
  • Options
    Oh great, now we can concede silly goals and finished mid table with a slightly higher chance of scoring for the next four games.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

That’s a reasonable point of view but he leads the team of officials the senior man in command, so the buck stops with him on behalf of his crew.
    What exactly is he supposed to do if his linesman flags for offside? He can hardly ignore it or overrule it unless, of course, he was in line with Stockley when the ball was crossed. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Yes the analyst said so, and Curbs, Lisbie and Minto agreed it was a goal on VP post match.
    I couldn't stick the post match :)
  • Options
    A minor point.  It’s taken them more than 48 hrs to correct that excuse of a referees decision.  Decisions on team and tactics presumably had to assume Aneke would miss the match so that incorrect decision has potentially costs us for tomorrow night’s match as well.  Surely these appeals should be dealt with by Sunday night when there are so many midweek matches.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

What exactly is he supposed to do if his linesman flags for offside? He can hardly ignore it or overrule it unless, of course, he was in line with Stockley when the ball was crossed. 
    Nothing, except take it on the chin, have a debrief with his assistant post match, hold his hands up and apologise. In the absence of knowing he’s done any of that he has to take the flack.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    The ref scored 2.36 in the players marks, the lowest for this and last season says it all 😏.
    I hope that included my score of -10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    RedChaser said:
    I hope that included my score of -10
    I only gave him a 2, I’m gutted he got an extra 0.36 😉
  • Options
    Superb!   El Bow needed someone to ignore/substitute/play 20 minutes!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Nothing, except take it on the chin, have a debrief with his assistant post match, hold his hands up and apologise. In the absence of knowing he’s done any of that he has to take the flack.
    Get real!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Get real!
    I am real we’re going to have to agree to disagree you don’t think he should criticised for the offside goal fair enough but I do. Are you a qualified ref?  😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Get real!
    I am real we’re going to have to agree to disagree you don’t think he should criticised for the offside goal fair enough but I do. Are you a qualified ref?  😉
    You don't need to be a qualified referee to know that it is wrong to criticise a referee for an honest mistake of his linesman.
    If that were to be the case then you might as well do away with linesmen altogether (some are so bad that you might as well do away with them!). 
  • Options
    No way has that been overturned , the whole footballing world is against us 
  • Options
    Such a bad season when we’re clinging to this as something positive.  Nothing against Aneke, but him being available to play tomorrow is about as exciting as getting Russell Slade to read me his tactical playbook from his time here as a bed time story.  
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Get real!
    You don't need to be a qualified referee to know that it is wrong to criticise a referee for an honest mistake of his linesman.
    If that were to be the case then you might as well do away with linesmen altogether (some are so bad that you might as well do away with them!). 
    I didn’t say you had to be a qualified referee, I was just interested if you were, in case I’d touched a raw nerve.

Of course he can’t be expected to see round corners but he gave the goal so its now about accountability on behalf of his team.

If one of my team at work had made a cock up, I’d own the problem, take the flack and whatever action was necessary to try to prevent it happening again and most importantly, apologise to the customer.

In my honest opinion that’s what should have happened here. As he doesn’t appear to have done that from the radio silence, it is why he has to carry the can for all three of those wrong decisions.

Note to self; in future when criticising poor refereeing refer to ‘the referee and his team’ to cover all bases including the 4th official.
  • Options
    I wasn't optimistic when he waddled on to the pitch.
    I didn't watch the game as was working in the garden but had the stream on my phone and was just listening to the commentary.  My young lad of 8yrs old showed interest for a while but started laughing and saying he had never seen such a fat referee in his life.  I didn't check but assume from your comments he was right.

I watched the "highlights" at half time and the end and the disallowed goal, Second penalty and sending off of Aneke were dreadful decisions.  To get so much wrong in one game is very unusual and makes you wonder why/how he managed it.

We would have lost anyway but if our goal had stood and their second pen was not given it would not have been quite so demoralizing.  The 3-0 risks causing far more damage than one sending off.  The ref should be banned for the rest of the season at least for that performance