Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U.K. Census 2021

Right. I’ve only just cottoned onto this. 21st March is census day. Has everyone received their code needed to complete the census. My memory of the census was that it was quite a big deal. This seems to have gone under the my radar at least. 

Comments

• Options
    Code? - Nope haven't received anything like that
  • Options
    No code.

Summit else to complain about!
  • Options
    Nope, seen nothing, but I've heard a sneak preview of some of the questions

Q139a) Should Lee Bowyer be sacked?
    Q142c) Should Floyd and Harvey be brought back?
    Q178d) A selection of "would yas"

Q139a) Should Lee Bowyer be sacked? YES
    Q142c) Should Floyd and Harvey be brought back? NO
    Q178d) A selection of "would yas" YES, NO, Depends how much I've had to drink.
    Q197e) Jedi
  • Options
    Never really got the point of a census.

So, we do not know who the fuck is in this country.

Let's ask all those who can be arsed if they exist. They say they do.

All those that dont give a fuck or dont want to be found ignore the census.

AND the total is = fucking irrelevant.
  • Options
    I wonder what percentage of the population even know it’s happening in Three weeks time ? How many know their household code to complete the form or even have a code. I didn’t have one and have asked for a replacement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did mine last night. Less than ten minutes online (though like many others I haven't received anything through the post) 
  • Options
    I think it's all automatic these days. They just read your Facebook page and work it all out.
    That's me under the radar then, don't use social media.
  • Options
    If you're not religious then remember to tick "no religion"
  • Options
    Up to £1,000 fine for non-completion.  Some questions are voluntary and if you don't answer them they don't count towards the fine.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    is this from the office for national statistics? 

i got a letter from them a week ago with a code. they said if you fill it out before a certain date you get a £15 gift voucher.

Didn't mention Census or that i could be fined for not taking part. 
  • Options
    I haven't had any letter or code but did receive a little flyer in the post last week to let me know it's happening. 

My friend is working for this after being made redundant last year. She will be knocking doors around Eltham reminding people to complete it, so be nice! 
  • Options
    We have not received anything, first I heard about this was this thread.
  • Options
    If you go here: https://census.gov.uk/en/request/access-code/enter-address/ then you can get a code sent to your phone to complete it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have not received anything, first I heard about this was this thread.
    They have only started being delivered this week
  • Options
    Know it's this year
    It's advertised on TV regularly since New Year
    Ain't seen or received anything yet
  • Options
    Will the number of White British reduce this time around (if this is measured), as many are disgusted to be categorised as white (due to the some of the shameful antics of this Isles’ past... and some of it was), and furthermore probably a greater number would want to be classed as European and not British?
    siri show me a weird right wing paranoia born straw man.
    Thought we had all telepathically agreed to ignore the madness of that post!
  • Options
    If you're not religious then remember to tick "no religion"
    Is there no "Charlton Athletic" option then?
  • Options
    1921 census will be released this summer. The 1931 census was destroyed by fire so 1921 will likely be the last one I see released, or at least comp mentis enough to worry about it.
    It used to piss me off that they only used to count cars, so I always wrote my motorbikes in too. I hope the original papers are released in the future rather than just digital input. I want people to know how much of a rebel I was. 
  • Options
    If you’ve been vaccinated Bill Gates can fill it in for you
  • Options
    Never really got the point of a census.

So, we do not know who the fuck is in this country.

Let's ask all those who can be arsed if they exist. They say they do.

All those that dont give a fuck or dont want to be found ignore the census.

AND the total is = fucking irrelevant.
    To give an example of how the census is used is policy. Currently the most recent census (2011) with birth and death rates used to estimate forwards is being used by NHSE to estimate the number of people in each priority group for vaccinations. The better data they have the more accurate policy decisions can be made and you get less wasted resource ans better solutions. This is the same in all areas of government.

Whether or not it is completely accurate (its clearly not) it is the most comprehensive dataset we get for the UK population. The better the picture we get of the population the better analysis can be done leading to much better policy outcomes. For comparison a lot of government policy is made based on the Family Resources Survey which is an annual sample dataset of 22,000 households. The census gives data on millions of households. Its far more accurate.

Ideally (for analysis) we would have a complete dataset of every person in the UK  where they live, who they live with, their profession and every economic and social choice they make. That would obviously contravene a number of data laws and freedoms. The census is a middle ground that gives a good indication of the information needed without being intrusive.

Its hugely important that you fill out your census.
    Oh fuck off with your sensible posts!

Filled mine in BTW.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    If you go here: https://census.gov.uk/en/request/access-code/enter-address/ then you can get a code sent to your phone to complete it.
    Thanks, hadn't received anything, got a text code through that and done it for my household now. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Huskaris said:
    WSS said:
    Thanks, hadn't received anything, got a text code through that and done it for my household now. 
    How can the census be filled in before the day? It is intended to be a snapshot of who kipped under your roof on a particular night, amongst other things of course.

I might upset Mrs TT (hard as that might be to believe) and she moves out to stay with her friend or something before the 21st March.  

EDIT: I see that those of you who have filled it in already will have your collar felt and a huge fine coming your way.

"All households should complete the census on Sunday 21 March 2021 or as soon as possible after. The census should take around 10 minutes per person to fill in."