Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U.K. Census 2021

2»

Comments

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    WSS said:
    If you go here: https://census.gov.uk/en/request/access-code/enter-address/ then you can get a code sent to your phone to complete it.
    Thanks, hadn't received anything, got a text code through that and done it for my household now. 
    How can the census be filled in before the day? It is intended to be a snapshot of who kipped under your roof on a particular night, amongst other things of course.

I might upset Mrs TT (hard as that might be to believe) and she moves out to stay with her friend or something before the 21st March.  
    Yes, you're supposed to complete either on the 21st or shortly after, definitely not before! 
  • Options
    Received a flyer through the post the middle of last week. Nothing else thus far.
  • Options
    1921 census will be released this summer. The 1931 census was destroyed by fire so 1921 will likely be the last one I see released, or at least comp mentis enough to worry about it.
    It used to piss me off that they only used to count cars, so I always wrote my motorbikes in too. I hope the original papers are released in the future rather than just digital input. I want people to know how much of a rebel I was. 
    There was no 1941 census due to the war so after the 1921 one is released there won’t be another made available until the 1951 one. There is however the 1939 register (already released) which is a good substitute for the lack of 1941 census.
  • Options
    I worked on the 2001 census as a team leader with 15 census officers, on the streets. I carried out the training of them, my area was Plumstead & Thamesmead West. I had to go out with the officers on occasions and remember one Sunday morning, when approaching a house down in Thamesmead with an officer, you could hear what was a full blown row between a man & a female, the officer just kept ringing the doorbell for them to answer the door. I was saying to him to just post the census form through the letterbox. He kept on ringing the bell and the row was carrying on, then all of a sudden the front door was opened by a giant of man who was far from happy. The officer started to try to explain to him about the form and what was required, with a reply of where the form was going to end up from the house owner. I said that I could see he was busy and we would leave it with him. As we were leaving the officer said to me that that he was going to return to the house on the way back, I advised him that I would leave it a couple of days.
  • Options
    I worked on the 2001 census as a team leader with 15 census officers, on the streets. I carried out the training of them, my area was Plumstead & Thamesmead West. I had to go out with the officers on occasions and remember one Sunday morning, when approaching a house down in Thamesmead with an officer, you could hear what was a full blown row between a man & a female, the officer just kept ringing the doorbell for them to answer the door. I was saying to him to just post the census form through the letterbox. He kept on ringing the bell and the row was carrying on, then all of a sudden the front door was opened by a giant of man who was far from happy. The officer started to try to explain to him about the form and what was required, with a reply of where the form was going to end up from the house owner. I said that I could see he was busy and we would leave it with him. As we were leaving the officer said to me that that he was going to return to the house on the way back, I advised him that I would leave it a couple of days.
    Must have been the 2001 census that my parents worked on in the Bexleyheath area (Upton Road, and down around the A2 junction there) - Remember them saying afterwards that they'd never bother doing it again because of the hassle of trying to get forms completed etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Adverts on the radio for it said you could do it now. 

I know I won't have anyone else in my house on March 21st because of COVID. I think that might be the difference this time around. 

https://www.bromleywell.org.uk/news/census-2021-is-coming-post/

"People will receive a letter in the post with a unique access code in late February / early March and can complete the online form as soon as it is received or from March 1st call the census contact centre to request a paper form."
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    But we all know what we will be doing on 21 March ? Fffffin nothing.

I’ve completed mine for that reason. Im sure it said I could. 
  • Options
    So happy to have received my Census package in the post this morning.

Should I open it now ...... or put it under the Christmas tree and only open it on the Big Day?

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Yes - you can complete it ahead of the date - I have done it, and it asks if anyone will be in the house other than my family on the date in question, so it’s forward looking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Yes - you can complete it ahead of the date - I have done it, and it asks if anyone will be in the house other than my family on the date in question, so it’s forward looking
    Its trying to trip you up...

If you say you've got people round then the police will be knocking on your door @ 9am questioning why ;)
    If only we could have people round, I’m so sick and tired of all this shit now
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

If you say you've got people round then the police will be knocking on your door @ 9am questioning why ;)
    Hopefully just a bit longer to hang on...

I'm getting more desperate for a haircut over seeing my parents at the moment lol! 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Hopefully just a bit longer to hang on...

I'm getting more desperate for a haircut over seeing my parents at the moment lol! 
    I have no problems in that department - home clipper set - Wife sets it to zero, shaves all my hair off - I’m Dartford’s version of Yul Brynner 
  • Options
    Hmmm, just completed ours.
    No questions about number of motorbikes in the household. Had that last time I'm sure. Bloody disgusting.  ;)

On a more serious note, there is no chance that this census will get to understand the gig economy. There are many people in my area that have lots of jobs. I have two businesses but could only register the main one. A chance missed and all I've heard is presenters harping on about not revealing their sexual preferences or perhaps more relevant that if you are black you can't identify as English, only British WTF is that all about?
  • Options
    Just done mine. I lost the letter they sent me or should I say my wife did! It’s quite easy to get your code if you can’t find your letter. Just go on the website and they text it to you. Took about 20 minutes to complete it. 
  • Options
    Did mine online which was quick and easy.

However....  Watch out for the cookie acceptance button at the start of it all. I’ve got in the habit of rejecting all but essential cookies for every site I visit and despite this being a government webpage, it tried to land YouTube cookies and a couple of others by default.

For a government website I thought that was fucking outrageous.

• Options
    Done mine this lunchtime. Don't remember doing the one in 2011 but I was going through a divorce & it might be it just passed me by. Cant believe they need all the info they asked for......like how many O levels I got 38 years ago or whether kids aged 16 are in the reserve army (???). 

However, one question I was happy they included was whether I identify as English rather than British. In all my life filling out forms I've had to say British & I have no problem with that....until very recently when I realise the Welsh & especially the Scots hate us & want their Independence. So as from today I now identify myself as English and the other parts of the Union can go their separate ways if they choose to do so. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Is the gender you identify with the same as your sex registered at birth??

How very 2021!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is this from the office for national statistics? 

i got a letter from them a week ago with a code. they said if you fill it out before a certain date you get a £15 gift voucher.

Didn't mention Census or that i could be fined for not taking part. 
    That is not the census. It is one of the surveys they undertake on a rolling basis and you would have been selected at random and they use random post code selection.
    A lot of the surveys they do offer £10 or £15 incentive to complete. Everything is completely confidential and they don’t share the information with anyone else - not even other Government Departments. Information is just used to produce statistics.
    Easiest £15 you will earn.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Done mine this lunchtime. Don't remember doing the one in 2011 but I was going through a divorce & it might be it just passed me by. Cant believe they need all the info they asked for......like how many O levels I got 38 years ago or whether kids aged 16 are in the reserve army (???). 

However, one question I was happy they included was whether I identify as English rather than British. In all my life filling out forms I've had to say British & I have no problem with that....until very recently when I realise the Welsh & especially the Scots hate us & want their Independence. So as from today I now identify myself as English and the other parts of the Union can go their separate ways if they choose to do so. 
    That is utter, utter bollocks. 
    Err, there are even some Brits that hate us.
  • Options
    Is the gender you identify with the same as your sex registered at birth??

How very 2021!!
    That's a voluntary question though, so you don't have to answer it.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    ‘Did you answer all the compulsory questions?’ was a voluntary question though.
  • Options
    Just received a letter asking me to complete the census or face £1000 fine, despite us filling in the form online. Rang them and told them, they said not to worry and would update the records.