Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic | Tues 2 March 2021 6pm

Comments

• Options
    Only 1-0 up. Can't afford to go all Bertie Big Bollocks in the second half...
  • Options
    Smith is a slower, less courageous and less energetic version of George Lapslie.
    His passing and composure is much better imo 
  • Options
    Smith is a slower, less courageous and less energetic version of George Lapslie.
    With a touch, composure and passing range that's about 5x better, at a conservative estimate :)
  • Options
    Comfortable and we have more gears , need this badly as a confidence builder at least .... 

we’ve got this 
  • Options
    Still don’t understand albie not getting a look in, he would do well in this midfield 3 with Watson and JFC.
  • Options
    Decent half. Pessimist in me rues not getting a second goal and fears us coming under the cosh second half.

JFC, Chuks and Famewo the stand outs in that half 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    stonemuse said:
    How is that left foot still attached to his leg
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Lapslie dreams of being able to pass the ball like Smith can. Just because they’re both young and have blonde hair doesn’t mean they’re even close to the same player!
  • Options
    Well done lads. Let’s keep it going. 

COYR. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    100% improvement on ALL the recent showings.....now please just let us push on from here!! JFC is running the show, we've missed him that's for sure.
  • Options
    Not overly concerned about the performance. Need a win everything else doesn’t matter when we are on terrible form.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Good first half.

We've not looked fantastic, but we're better than them.

Who's that with the assist?

Oh yeah Conor Washington. 7G 3A so far this season. 

10GI

Aneke 12G 1A.

13 GI 

All we need now is Stockley and Shinnie to come on and combine otherwise we may once again fall to our lack of ability to get a second goal.
  • Options
    Much better...still not great but much better. We have shape, effort, and could have been further ahead. Chuks doing well, and so are JFC and Famewo. Smith and Millar are busy and Watson sitting and getting away with it. Hold that shape early in second half and then push on for a second. Stockley and Shinnie can come on if required (Aneke/Smith-JFC), but no need to change anything else.
  • Options
    Watson assist of the assist with an overhead kick ....plaaaaaayer
  • Options
    Would like to see jaiyesimi on for Washington and switch Millar to his favoured left side.
  • Options
    His passing and composure is much better imo 
    lol jinx
  • Options
    Midfield has been so much better today

Forster-Caskey has been so missed these last few games, not surprised and was why even I was prepared to throw him straight back into the line up when I posted on the preview

Smith has shown some decent touches yet shows his youth and inexperience on other occasions. Watson, apart from the handball would say its his best game for us if not this season then for a very long time.

Mentioned Matthews as well who we seem to be getting the version from last season again... Washington the other who deserves a mention and is why I was happy with him starting Saturday, and not disappointed to see him back again tonight, puts so much work rate in for the team.
  • Options
    Playing well, JFC and Smith are a massive improvement on our midfield on Saturday

Chuks took his goal very well

I still think Watson makes us a bit vulnerable. He’s too slow to react at times, I’d like a duplicate of JFC to play there instead. It really shows how good Cullen was for me. 
  • Options
    Maatsen a liability in my book, continuously gives ball away in some very dangerous positions.

The rest playing better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Better, but Wigan will improve. A real test of confidence coming our way. I really hope we stand up to it.
  • Options
    Happy with 1-0, but hope we really push on in the second half 
  • Options
    There was a fella on here that said we should only be comparable to Wigan this season ...
    we’ve been decent, but Wigan not much worse than us (albeit a striker/attack would do them
    wonders!) 

good to be going in with the lead, but not sure about the lumping balls to the wings - we play so much better with calm passing movement and crosses into the box! 

Would like to see Schwartz for Washington, and jaiyesimi for Watson second half... let’s go for the jugular!  
  • Options
    Need a sending off second half to make it more interesting...
  • Options
    Eating a lot of humble pie re: JFC tonight. He’s been exactly what we’ve missed. MOM performance so far.
  • Options
    Great First Half. 
  • Options
    Not to much to be moan about that half. Wigan really lack much quality, but so do a lot of teams we play and we make them look like Bacelona, but all in all we have looked much busier.

I don't think we are ever going to look like a free flowing attacking side, but as long as we compete and look like we have a resemblance of a game plan I'm happy 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!