Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic | Tues 2 March 2021 6pm

Comments

• Options
    Solomon-Otabor is the winger we tried to bring in on deadline day but he chose to stick with Wigan.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Great defending... Got bodies in front of the shooter

Hasnt happened enough this season
    It's better isn't it
    Been a frustration of mine... We've played the likes of Accrington and Burton at the Valley and they'd throw themselves in front of shots, just havent seen it from us this season
  • Options
    Millars worst game for us so far.

Got a nasty habit of letting teams have there own way and pressure us. This is why we lose games as we don't continue playing the same as when we were on top.
  • Options
    Why do we always slow the tempo when we take the lead??
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

It's better isn't it
    Been a frustration of mine... We've played the likes of Accrington and Burton at the Valley and they'd throw themselves in front of shots, just havent seen it from us this season
    But as Steve Brown says, you can't have people leaving their positions in haste to throw themselves at the ball. Trust your team mates to get the job done.
  • Options
    Watson tries to send Chuks forward but we're not able to do anything with it.
  • Options
    1. 59'

Post update

Alex Perry (Wigan Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 59'

Post update

Foul by Matthew Smith (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Millar has a shot deflected for a corner from our right.
  • Options
    Think Wigan will be disappointed they havent equalised in that little spell there,couple of big chances for them
  • Options
    Corner comes in, Watson tries to head it virtually off the floor, but the ball is cleared for a Charlton throw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Accrington down to 10 men and Ipswich miss penalty
  • Options
    Steve Brown is a great pundit. 
  • Options
    Stating the bleeding obvious, but we need to get hold of this game again. 
     If ever there was a phrase that summed up this season.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Top name/number colour chat from the lads.
  • Options
    Maatsen gets taken out near the LH touchline and we have a free kick
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

It's better isn't it
    Yet a lot of the same players were doing it at the start of last season 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    This game has 1-1 written all over it
  • Options
    60'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Liam Millar (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Jake Forster-Caskey.

• Options
    RedRyan said:
    Please can we hire Steve Brown as defensive coach?
    Said this the other day, talks a lot of sense. Mind you as someone reminded me oh here, being a good pundit doesn't necessarily make a good coach. Can't be any worse than what's been happening this season. 
  • Options
    60'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Luke Robinson.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This game has 1-1 written all over it
    Sshhhhhhhh!
  • Options
    1. 61'

Post update

Foul by Alex Perry (Wigan Athletic).

2. 61'

Post update

Ian Maatsen (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Options
    Free kick sent too deep, but Pearce manages to retrieve, and then Maatsen over hits his cross and Washington can't reach it before it goes out.
  • Options
    I honestly think our lack goals in some part is down to players not being able to cross a ball properly. Our players are really not good it at all.
  • Options
    This could easily be a game between the bottom 2. Poor football
  • Options
    I feel we are more on control now 
  • Options
    Accrington down to 10 men player through a cod under a Ipswich players foot in box resulting penalty was missed.
  • Options
    64' Matthews gets forward well, pulls it back for Washington in the box whose shot is blocked. #wafc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Wigan player tries to leapfrog Chuks but nothing given
  • Options
    Unlucky. Good from Matthews there - stayed calm to pick someone out. Should have more options in the box.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!