Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic | Tues 2 March 2021 6pm

Comments

• Options
    7 changes and still not fond of any of them. Still, COYR.
  • Options
    Bowyer on VP now:

”we’ve missed JFC. He’s back in.”
    ”jayden before Saturday had tightness. Not taking a risk. He’s done well.”
    ”Chuks can be unplayable. He’s hungry after the red card”
    ”we have to address the game in right way. You have to earn the 3 points.”
    ”we have to do the basics right.”
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Bow comments:

"We've missed JFC, that's obvious to see, that competitiveness, we'll see how long he can go"

"Jayden before Saturday's game had tightness, before coming here hadn't played many minutes, don't want to take risks with him, opportunity for Chuks, on his day he can be unplayable"

"Got to address the game in right way, no one gives you anything, have to earn 3 points, will have to compete, they will be fighting for the points, we must do the basics right"

"It's crazy, since coming in charge, our home form had always been very good and year we went up away form was weakness but this year it's reversed, need to get back on track and hopefully that starts tonight"
  • Options
    Bit harsh on Deji. He’s our second best CB, therefore should play...
    Agreed...shouldn't be dropped. I've said before you certainly been better than most of those around him.
  • Options
    Up the addicks. Absolutely buzzing for tonight. These are the nights we live for. Eieieio. 
    Someone's been on the sauce early.....
    Bleeding eck golfsta. If 23rd v 12th in league one dont tickle ya pickle then I dont know what will.
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Morgan - not getting on the bench again 
  • Options
    Not a single academy name in the squad, am I reading that right? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I think Oggy must’ve... :-)
    Is it? Sorry, I didn't realise.

Only just got home too.

Thanks for stepping in, Ali.

No probs Oggy, was just a bit concerned that you and others would miss the start of the game.
  • Options
    Only 7 changes?

Surely a Bowyer record for team rotation.

Whatever has been going on behind the scenes, no smoke without fire ..... it's time to pull together to get a result.
    If it's another limp performance with Bowyer blaming everybody but himself, it's time for Thomas to bang all their bleddy heads together.

You're professionals. Act like it.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Stockley on the bench. Baffling. 
    Came off on Saturday with a bit of tightness
    I always thought that if a player was a doubt, you started him. Then if he has to come off you have not wasted a substitution. 
  • Options

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Whatever happens tonight, I’m going to try and stay positive. I’m not going to let our performance ruin my evening 🙄
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I think Oggy must’ve... :-)
    Is it? Sorry, I didn't realise.

Only just got home too.

Thanks for stepping in, Ali.

No probs Oggy, was just a bit concerned that you and others would miss the start of the game.
    Miss the start of the game? That might prove to be a blessing in disguise. :neutral:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Love the idea that after last week's gutless performance, the worst in an absolute age, we should've kept the same team. 

Bloody hell it's hard to read this site at the moment
    I don't think anyone is saying keep the same team.

But you must admit it looks like Bowyer puts the names in a hat at the moment and pulls 11 out.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Whatever happens tonight, I’m going to try and stay positive. I’m going to let our performance ruin my evening 🙄
    I have got to the worrying mood that I expect a defeat, anything else is a success
  • Options
    When was the last time we started to left footed center halves, in a 2?

Assuming it is a 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to see JFC back, he's been our best player since Christmas. 4-3-3 or a diamond? I worry the midfield is lightweight, but I have to admit I don't know much about Smith yet.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Love the idea that after last week's gutless performance, the worst in an absolute age, we should've kept the same team. 

I've seen teams go on losing runs & the manager make a few changes.....but not 7 !!

What happens if we lose tonight......another 7 changes for Saturday  ?
  • Options
    Curbs is being very diplomatic isn't he? 
  • Options
    Pressure on Oggy this evening surely - If we win with an Aliwibble Match Thread you have to wonder if we've been directing the blame for our run in the wrong direction?
    Oh no, I've been rumbled.

Don't blame Bowyer for our limp form, blame me.

• Options
    First time I have heard Curbs critisize LB  
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I don't think anyone is saying keep the same team.

But you must admit it looks like Bowyer puts the names in a hat at the moment and pulls 11 out.
    That's a bit harsh. But I heard he has two more hats for half time - one for those coming off and another for those going on!
  • Options
    Wigan - the only stadium where you don’t notice any difference in crowds from pre-Lockdown and now..
  • Options
    First time I have heard Curbs critisize LB  
    What did he say?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Curbs is being very diplomatic isn't he? 
    But not exactly supportive of all the changes either...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!