Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which Conceded Goal Has Upset You Most?

Just thinking of goals that have really caused heartache. The late goal at Hillsborough last season was a corker. Especially with daughter's boyfriend stood with me and her in away end (Wednesday season ticket holder). Dad was in home end on a free ticket with a Wednesday friend (if there is such a thing). A very strange and upsetting experience. 

Comments

• Options
    Millwall winner when Solly got sent off at the toolbox.
  • Options
    Defoe for Tottenham. Sealed our fate.
  • Options
    The Birmingham one from recent memory, bad goal to concede and you could see it coming as soon as Bellingham came on. 

The one that really sticks in the mind though is Jon Stead at home to Sheff Utd in 2007. One of my earliest memories of being absolutely gutted at football, shows how good it all was before then. 
  • Options
    Millwall equaliser at The Old Den when standing on the half way line with my Millwall mate.
    0-2 to Charlton on 90 mins, he says I'll give you this one & laughs.
    We amble towards the exit and they score twice in 3 mins.
    That’s the game I immediately thought of 

here’s your old phones video of it , picture quality of phones has improved since

https://youtu.be/sLya7G76GVc
  • Options
    Yeah Donkey Dawes made us all feel so sick that night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At home to Fulham in the prem, when it clearly went out of play for a throw in. 

Absolutely fucked us. Convinced the rot set in from that one piss poor decision. 

This one.  We had a fighting chance until then and that was one of those moments when you knew it was inevitable. 

Still annoys me and can still remember it clearly. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Absolutely fucked us. Convinced the rot set in from that one piss poor decision. 

This one.  We had a fighting chance until then and that was one of those moments when you knew it was inevitable. 

Still annoys me and can still remember it clearly. 
    It's the most angry I can ever recall being at a game. The fact that they also took the free kick from nowhere near where the "offence" took place took the piss as well.

The glut of last minute goals we have conceded over the last 2 seasons have been so frequent I've almost come to accept them!
  • Options
    Christ how many late goals have we conceded against the scum 
  • Options

Definitely that one

Just last season we conceded so many injury time goals. Devastating at the time, and why we went down. The 90+8 winner for Bristol City. The last minute Millwall winner at The Den (90 + 1), the Hull equaliser (90 + 6), the Birmingham equaliser (90 +3)
  • Options
    Millwall equaliser at The Old Den when standing on the half way line with my Millwall mate.
    This. And their late equaliser in the 4-4 at the Valley.
    I was with some Millwall supporting mates on the half way line as well.  Held it in till we scored our 2nd when I couldn't help myself but 
    blow me cover.
    I was gutted when they got the second and got a fair few looks. I was gutted but  part of me was thinking at least I'll get out of here alive
  • Options
    This probably won't be one that many people pick, but for me it was Grant Holt's last-minute equaliser for Norwich at Carrow Road in September 2009. It was my first ever away game, and we were 2-0 up and playing really well. Norwich got one back before half-time and we sat back throughout the second half, but we almost saw the game out. Then he bundled it in right at the death. It had been brilliant to experience an away-day atmosphere, but afterwards it just felt awful.
  • Options
    This. And their late equaliser in the 4-4 at the Valley.
    This with bells on.
    was convinced they’d beat us as usual even though we were favourites, so lumped on them big time (for me) thinking I’d either rake it in, be over the moon with a point or be in a state of ecstasy if we did the unthinkable and won.
    I did not factor in them bastards could make a point seem like a defeat whilst also rid me of any winnings to drown my sorrows with.
  • Options
    Anything from the palice filth.
  • Options
    Strangely I don’t tend to get too heartbroken at goals against us. It’s relatively common to lose games when you’re a mid-level club like ours so it doesn’t sting so much.

However, my heart did completely sink when we conceded the own goal at Wembley in 2019. Weird how a goal so early in a game can leave you feeling so dejected, but that was down to the size of the occasion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will also add, that goals against England in major tournaments tend to leave the biggest scars. Proper dream dashing stuff.
  • Options
    Most recently Bristol City away last season, didn't leave slightly early against my better judgement and had to leg it back to the station to catch the last train having just seen us lose in the last minute
  • Options

Definitely that one

Just last season we conceded so many injury time goals. Devastating at the time, and why we went down. The 90+8 winner for Bristol City. The last minute Millwall winner at The Den (90 + 1), the Hull equaliser (90 + 6), the Birmingham equaliser (90 +3)
    From recent seasons past then all of these. Most were truly avoidable, especially away to Birmingham. 10 mins to go we were comfortable but we brought defender after defender for strikers & midfielders. Put on a pacey forward & give him the ball. Get the ball down their end of the pitch & they cant score against you. 

• Options
    In recent years it was against Millwall last season, Smith jumped and Sarr didn't! just knew it was going to happen as well and we got kept in again and why does it always seem to rain when we play them.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    God that looks truly horrendous. Wish they would just disappear as an entity so we can pretend they never existed.
  • Options
    0-2 to Charlton on 85 mins, he says I'll give you this one & laughs.
    We amble towards the exit and they score twice in 5 mins.
    Yes I was at this one. Thought I was about to see my first away win!!
  • Options
    Apart from all of last seasons last minute foot shooting and the capitulations against Millwall and Palace.  3 stand out.

Nabby at Wembley I actually felt sick. 

Dwight Yorke when I thought we had got a point against the best team in the world then walking down the steps at the back of the Covered End to be offered a free Yorkie bar!!!

And bizarrely there is a goal we scored that always saddens me somewhat when I see it now.  That's Euall's goal against Chelsea on boxing day.  That was the peek of the mountain, I am just glad I didn't know it at the time. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Most recently Bristol City away last season, didn't leave slightly early against my better judgement and had to leg it back to the station to catch the last train having just seen us lose in the last minute
    We held the train up as one of our lot popped into Asda to grab some beers