Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football hate figures that become likeable

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Simon Jordan 
    this is the ultimate one for us I suppose. years ago it would have been completely unthinkable that he'd be anything but despised at Charlton, let alone actually likeable
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    rina said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Simon Jordan 
    this is the ultimate one for us I suppose. years ago it would have been completely unthinkable that he'd be anything but despised at Charlton, let alone actually likeable
    Seriously?

He has said a few things that appear to support our cause - totally logical opposition to a bunch of crooks infiltrating a football club.

A stopped watch is right twice a day - maybe that's why the tosser wears two!

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Robbie Savage.

Really enjoy his punditry. A player like that who had to bust a gut to stay playing at the top level often has a lot more interesting insight to offer than those who were naturally gifted (eg - Thierry Henry).
    Isn’t Savage one of those “You haven’t played the game professionally, so your opinion doesn’t matter” merchants though?
    That seems to be a perception of him, but having heard him communicate his position on that I was in agreement.

There are a lot of fans whose opinions are absolute nonsense and he isn’t afraid to call it out, and back it up with his own experience. I don’t see anything wrong with that.
  • Options
    Orange face for his comments on our problems.

Hated and hated even more, Roy Keane.  A horrible individual, and that is putting it mildly. 

• Options

Hated and hated even more, Roy Keane.  A horrible individual, and that is putting it mildly. 

I like Keane now. He’s become like the scary teacher that you still manage to find funny. 
  • Options
    Got to be the tangoman. Brought up absolutely hating the bloke. Got to say I don’t actually mind him now and actually got a lot of respect for his opinion. My best mates whose a Millwall actually likes him as well.
  • Options
    John Terry.

Tipped me £1.60 in the cab. Hero.

Also told me Lamps wouldnt recall Gallagher in January. Helmet.

Overall I hated him on the pitch but I must say a very nice bloke along with Mrs Terry.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Paolo DiCanio, he used to get a fair amount of stick when he played against us with "W@nk, Wank Di Canio and all that, funny how my opinion of him changed as soon as he signed.

Simon Jordan.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Robbie Savage.

Really enjoy his punditry. A player like that who had to bust a gut to stay playing at the top level often has a lot more interesting insight to offer than those who were naturally gifted (eg - Thierry Henry).
    Isn’t Savage one of those “You haven’t played the game professionally, so your opinion doesn’t matter” merchants though?
    That seems to be a perception of him, but having heard him communicate his position on that I was in agreement.

There are a lot of fans whose opinions are absolute nonsense and he isn’t afraid to call it out, and back it up with his own experience. I don’t see anything wrong with that.
    Ok. Haven’t heard him speak on anything for a few years, but that was my impression of him last time I listened to him.
  • Options
    Absolutely loathe Robbie Savage - can't listen to him.

Don't mind Simon Jordan now but he's still full of himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Bobby Robson, 
    Clough would have won us the world cup,Don Howe was Mr Pass sideways, Robson persisted with Shilton in goal who always had a mistake in him, Robson (Byran) always injured and preferred Mark Hateley to Kerry Dixon. However proved me wrong with the Italia 90 Squad, and the near miss in the Semi, and his inner strength. AND this thread was who did you dislike then grow to love.
  • Options
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic 

obviously full of himself which used to get on my nerves but when he really played along to that stereotype i actually ended up liking him for his humour. plus he aint bad in front of goal. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I like Keane now. He’s become like the scary teacher that you still manage to find funny. 
    Alfie Haaland will disagree.
  • Options
    Some great examples on here but if I had to say one in particular I'd say Ian Wright 

Aswell as playing for palace and arsenal and seemingly being a right niggly so and so I simply hated him 

I read his autobiography and frankly he had a shit life as a kid..I could have cried for him..despite that he had a great career and post football career speaks a lot of common sense...I also just love his passion when England play 
  • Options
    Bobby Robson, 
    How could anyone hate Bobby Robson? Even when the England team were struggling you still couldn’t hate the bloke!
    Oddly enough I went right off Robson after the Newcastle game when Shearer got sent off. His comments after the game about the incident and Fortune (basically along the lines of it being a shame he wasn't injured) really pissed me off. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Some great examples on here but if I had to say one in particular I'd say Ian Wright 

Aswell as playing for palace and arsenal and seemingly being a right niggly so and so I simply hated him 

I read his autobiography and frankly he had a shit life as a kid..I could have cried for him..despite that he had a great career and post football career speaks a lot of common sense...I also just love his passion when England play 
    One hell of a footballer as well.
  • Options
    Scott Parker - doing an incredible job at Fulham 
  • Options
    Scott Parker - doing an incredible job at Fulham 
    I stopped hating him the moment he started winning awards and aclaim at Spurs, along with being England captain 

Actually felt sorry for him to an extent as felt he was finally showing the potential he had when he was with us, yet got ruined in the inter-period!! 
  • Options
    Roy Keane. He's entertaining and speaks his mind.

Gary Neville, same as Roy. Hated him as a player.

When players retire...the dislike of them usually decreases.