Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread : Charlton Athletic v Northampton Town | Tues 9 March 2021 : 7pm ko

Comments

• Options
    The bench always looks impressive, great to see Albie back, maybe some creativity in midfield, can't say i am too surprised with the Pierce/Pratley pairing, shame about Shinnie not starting and we have got Chuks back to the impact sub with Schwartz second half, so on to the win lads
  • Options
    it’s nearly last chance saloon for Morgan he has to grab it soon ... shame we can’t keep same side but that’s this crazy season for you ...hope with Stockley back in we don’t go back to long ball ??

2-1 to Charlton 
  • Options
    Purrington hasn't been forgiven for Gillingham's winner. It was a truly dreadful, cowardly bit of defending tbf
  • Options
    That's still a great sight seeing THAT header go in!
  • Options
    Oshi done the dirty with Mrs Bowyer or something? He really doesn't like him....
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Suddenly not so optimistic about this one...

what has Deji done to be abandoned again? 

He put in a horrendous performance 10 days ago against Blackpool and was dropped for it - I'm not sure we'll see him playing for us again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    curbs is really struggling to come up with things to say without criticising 
  • Options
    That’s a really negative side. But....COYRs
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Pearce without Famewo. We’re about to make Northampton look like PSG
    Not just without Famewo but partnering Pratley. Doubt you can get an older, less mobile centre half pairing if you tried. Even JFH would be fancying coming out of retirement & playing tonight. 
    If there's one thing you can't accuse Pratley of, it's being immobile.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Well at least we more or less know for definite that Oshilaja was the one being blamed for leaking goals 
    I think that’s bizarre. He only made one or maybe two errors that directly lead to goals. Apart from that I thought he’d been reasonably solid (well more solid than Pearce and Pratley have been).
  • Options
    Northampton are the most direct team in the league and Pratley is bigger than Oshilaja
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Well at least we more or less know for definite that Oshilaja was the one being blamed for leaking goals 
    I think that’s bizarre. He only made one or maybe two errors that directly lead to goals. Apart from that I thought he’d been reasonably solid (well more solid than Pearce and Pratley have been).
    100% agree.
  • Options
    No pace at the back, so Pearce will start wrestling and we will concede a penalty.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    He hasn't been brilliant but he hasn't been the worst, neither has Purrington.  Or Morgan. 
  • Options
    Mmmm not feeling positive seeing that line up but let's hope for the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at the defence that bowyer has selected, I’m expecting a resurgence of the has bowyer lost it thread in the next two hours.
  • Options
    Northampton are the most direct team in the league and Pratley is bigger than Oshilaja
    pratley is like a rag doll compared to oshilaja
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Oshilaja may look alright but his lapses in concentration cost goals. That's not good enough. Don't care if we don't see him again. 

Washington was pants last week. As was Millar. Both starting.

So strange how Morgan can go from not even getting on the bench to starting. I guess he had a good day in training. 

Still optimistic for the win but without Famewo it has taken a bit of a clattering.
  • Options
    Worried about our lack of height at the back, with Aki struggling choices were limited, but please don't tell me Deji would dominate the box, as he clearly doesn't.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I didn’t write it on here but I was expecting to see Pratley in defence with Pearce. Akin was struggling on Saturday towards the end and clearly would need to be rested tonight. Prats is slower but probably less erratic than Deji - you kind of choose your poison on that one. Happy to see Albie back. Was hoping we might see Schwartz, something in my waters tells me tonight was the night to start him. 

I’m not unhappy with the starting 11 and don’t really care if it’s pretty, I just want 3 points tonight. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Oshilaja may look alright but his lapses in concentration cost goals. That's not good enough. Don't care if we don't see him again. 

So strange how Morgan can go from not even getting on the bench to starting. I guess he had a good day in training. 
    But pratley as the solution? Why not mingi?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oshilaja's been mostly good recently. Bowyer loves an irrational grudge. Pratley is a decent CB at this level but so is Oshilaja
    Across the Burton and Blackpool defeats, he was at least partially responsible for three of the five goals we conceded.

Burton equaliser - lost his man at the back post.

Blackpool penalty - allowed his man to get goal side of him and took him down

Blackpool long distance effort - it was his responsibility to come out and charge down the shot but he was standing there doing nothing
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Still optimistic for the win but without Famewo it has taken a bit of a clattering.
    i thought morgan had been banished with LB saying he was going out on loan at end of season - its all baffling to me  
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I am gob smacked. 

Not with Pratley but Morgan........... 

Oshilaja must be player x? 
    Got to be Purrington. Left out of the squad entirely, second match on the spin.
    Perhaps he overslept at the travel lodge in Bolton.
  • Options
    Forget to do a prediction on the pre-match thread as was going with a 2-0 win. 

Now seen the line up & thinking a 2-0 defeat.

I see Pratley makes an immediate return & our leading goal scorer is once again on the bench.....and that is after only playing 45 mins on Saturday 🤔. 

Nick Swindons 2 best players & once again they are left on the bench. Perhaps Bows might be best managing a Vets team as he obviously has something against the under 30's. 

And I even bothered to buy the stream for tonight........Gah  !!
    I love reading your posts - very uplifting 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!