Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murray Walker RIP

Comments

• Options
    A broadcasting legend, rest in peace Murray. 
  • Options
    And Nigel Mansell has gone missing from my lapchart!

The iconic line that made my heart sink as a kid 
  • Options
    Very sad. RIP
  • Options
    That's gutting, that is. An absolute icon. RIP.
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OGxVe3-Z5wo

Anyone else remember the Pizza Hut advert with Damon Hill?
  • Options
    RIP to an absolute icon. The voice of F1 for me growing up was Murray and his commentary was one of a kind. 
  • Options
    Oh I used to love F1 when Murray was on there. I remember when Damon Hill won he was really choked up. Lovely man. I had no idea he was 97 - I would have guessed in his 70s. Bless him. RIP.
  • Options
    Oh I used to love F1 when Murray was on there. I remember when Damon Hill won he was really choked up. Lovely man. I had no idea he was 97 - I would have guessed in his 70s. Bless him. RIP.
    Remember it well.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP legend.
  • Options
    R.I.P Murrey.
    Genius  communicator. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An absolutely brilliant man, both defined his era and suited it perfectly.
    RIP.
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    I read his Autobiography many years ago and there was one particular story that stuck with me for some reason...

In his younger years he used to work for an advertising company that sent him on a research trip to a massive pet store company in the U.S. He noticed that at one end of the store they sold all the Cats & Dogs & Tigers etc, and at the other end of the store they sold all the bowls and leads and food guff as ‘optional extras’. He took that idea of ‘optional extras’ and brought it back to the UK car industry - so where you used to get a radio or a leather steering wheel as standard, they became ‘optional extras’. 

I grew up with his voice as the soundtrack of motorsport and lost a lot of interest in F1 when he retired. RIP Murray.
  • Options
    First became aware of Murray Walker commentating on rally cross, and enjoyed his comments for the rest of his career. 
  • Options
    Apart from the obvious commentary lines this is another of my favourite Walker moments!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsZaF2aIkI8&ab_channel=lemanslegend
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiirrrrrrrrrtonnnnnnnnnnnn   Sennnnnnnnnnnnnna!

RIP!
  • Options

“This would have been Senna's third win a row if he'd won the two before”

RIP proper broadcasting legend. 
  • Options
    A sad day for sport. His calm yet excitable voice always for me enthused even if I wasnt really a Motorsport fan. His voice was so intrinsic with the racing, that to watch a race with the sound off would be pointless. 
    RIP Mr F1
  • Options
    One of very few commentating greats, whose voice is synonymous with a sport.

RIP Murray.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Iconic. 

RIP Murray.
  • Options
    If somebody mentioned F1 I would think of Murray Walker.
    To live to 97 and have such a fulfilling life, well played.
  • Options
    Yet another iconic voice of first my childhood and then adult life. Murray was a legend . Every one remembers his gaff. The tragic day that Ayrton Senna died he was compassionate and truly professional 
  • Options
    Can't stand formula 1 but Murray was a broadcasting legend and always seemed an approachable normal person.  His enthusiasm and love for his sport was like Bobby Robson's love of football.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Murray, one of a kind.
    I loved him for his enthusiasm, his knowledge and his support of British drivers.
  • Options
    One of the truly iconic voices. RIP
  • Options
    One of the all-time greats, in my opinion. I hope Murray would have forgiven for posting this link -https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/m4egou/some_of_murray_walkers_best_colemanballs_rip/
  • Options
    Old school gentleman if ever there was one.
    Loved him to bits.

RIP..... Murray.....RIP.