Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye and Good Luck Lee Bowyer

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Charlton man thru and thru. Good luck with future endeavours 
  • Options
    Thanks Lee.... It's a real shame the wheels fell off a bit and we couldn't get back to those terrific performances, good luck mate. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I’ve been vocal in my disappointment for this season, and agree that this is the right move for all parties. 

With that said, Bowyer is a legend of this club and will always be fondly remembered for that promotion season and the dedication he showed.

Wish him nothing but the best of luck. 
    Exactly how i feel. Gave us the greatest day out following Charlton for a generation (possibly ever for a lot of people) and stood by us when he could've walked at any point in the past 18 months.

A move that is best for all, we needed a change, he looked lost in recent weeks but he gets the chance to move on without being sacked.

Even though i've always hated Birmingham, i wish him well.
  • Options
    I like our new owner.
    His take on Lee's departure:
    “We still have a good relationship with him, we wish him all the best in his career. Of course you’re always surprised when something like this happens but it’s probably not in the category of the biggest surprises in my life.”

• Options
    Thank you Lee for your significant and memeroble time as manager at our great club.  To return as a coach then step up and provide stability during the most turbulent period in the club's history.  Without doubt the right appointment and the right time.  Wembley - enough said.  Recent form and fan expectations has forced this situation but I'd like to think you see this as your first foray into management.  All the very best and hope to see you back at the Valley one day - in any capacity.  Enjoy fishing for a while.
  • Options
    Thank you Lee for the memories. Thank you for that day at Wembley in 2019. The following season we where so close to staying up . Remember we had the lowest budget and all the of field shenanigans. This season not so good. Also remember it’s his first job and yes he has made mistakes but we have all done that in our lives. Plus like others have said he held his dignity last season and before Thomas this season. Since Curbs Lee is in the top two managers we have had. So Thanks Lee 
  • Options

Thank you Lee Bowyer, not just for the play-off glory at Wembley which was my finest and most memorable day as a Charlton supporter but for restoring some pride and credibility to the club when it was being run by chancers and crooks. It can't have been easy and you showed immense dignity and professionalism. 

As someone else posted, Lee Bowyer was the thin red line between Charlton Athletic and complete chaos and meltdown.

I hope there is no more to this than meets the eye. I have had enough of boardroom shenanigans and disputes for one lifetime. 

Everything said above by grumpyaddick . Thanks Lee for being there when we needed you.
    best wishes for everything you do in the future......respect!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Genuinely thanks to you Lee for taking a job nobody wanted, for sticking around in a job where nobody else would have done so and working with extreme circumstances.  

The most impressive thing is the way you have held yourself during this period, bitten your tongue and just gone about your business.

You'll always be welcome back at the Valley in my eyes and I hope your learning journey continues
  • Options
    I genuinely think Bowyer really wanted to get us back to the premiership. We some great times with him with Doncaster away and Wembley being particularly stand out days but the feeling around the club as we were united in Lee Bowyer’s red abs white army was electric.

I’m sorry it’s worked out this way and wish him all the best. 
  • Options
    Decision taking, straight talking, digging in, great values you have Bows. Thanks for restoring our great club to us fans, will always be grateful. Fate and disloyal players (Taylor, Phillips) cost us a future together in the championship. Good Luck Lee, you'll always be a red!!
  • Options
    LB was the right manager at the right time and may well have been the key to saving our club. Would TS have come in if we had been in an even bigger mess than we were? He restored my faith in Charlton after the disillusion of the Duchatelet years. The promotion season was fantastic and being at Wembley for a second play-off final with friends and family will never be forgottten.
    Thank you LB!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

It’s been said that it is better to be a lucky manager than a good one. Maybe so, but can anyone imagine having been an unluckier manager than Bows over the time he’s been here? Poor bloke has had to deal with an avalanche of shite since his appointment, including sorting out the original contract under Roland the idiot.

And from then on it only got worse, yet he steadied the sinking ship, which would have been an achievement in itself, reignited the Our Charlton feeling, and more amazingly still got us into the play-offs in his first half-season and promoted in his first full season.

He made a valiant attempt at keeping us in the championship, failing only due to betrayals by ownership and certain players, as well as a handful of abysmal refereeing decisions. Yet still he stayed.

He worked hard with his team to build a squad on tuppence, and even when TS came charging to the rescue, the wage cap kicked poor old Lee yet again.

If you take a moment to consider if comparable circumstances befell you in your own job, how many of us would have stood it? Forget hanging on for a pay-off, I’m sure Lee doesn’t need money that badly. He and his immediate back room team kept things together in the face of all kinds of crap that no manager should have to deal with. I strongly suspect that without those guys, there may well be no Charlton. And throughout that, he kept his counsel, remained professional and very classy, and focused on the things he could control. I wasn’t sure about his appointment, but he impressed me massively since his arrival.

It’s turned a bit flat recently after that run of performances, but looking at the bigger picture of his tenure, I thank him and wish him every success in his future career. Will get a standing ovation from me when he returns.

I think he’s probably leaving at the right time and I fully understand why he feels he needs a change.

Thanks, Lee, and all the best.

But I still wish you’d given Southall a beating on his way out.

Brilliant post Idlehands.
    I hope Lee can recharge his batteries he had looked a broken man recently. What a job he has done under absolutely crazy circumstances.

• Options
    Thanks for the memories, Lee. Good luck to you in life and football.
  • Options
    i cant get over it
  • Options
    I've got mixed feelings on this. I really like the guy and am a little sad that he's gone, but I also believe that it was the right time for him to go.

I'm glad for him (and TS) that he walked rather than getting sacked, but it was inevitable that something major needed to change.

Good luck Lee, I hope that you find success elsewhere (except against us).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i cant get over it
    Move on.
  • Options
    Bit late to the well wishes but all the best to him, got critical and disappointed of his selections/ tactics/ pressers but really wanted him to turn it around.

Hopefully a change of scenery will see the Bow we first had return. He may no longer be with us but young, hungry successful English managers is always welcomed.