Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC PLAYERS THROWING SHIRTS IN TO THE CROWD?

I was chatting to a fellow Addick and he said he received a shirt from a player that had been thrown in to the crowd. The person couldn't recall the match as it it was almost 30 years ago. I've been going since Selhurst and I don't ever recall players throwing shirts in to the crowd.

My guess is it would have been pre player shirt sponsorship days, but I have no idea when that started.

If anyone does happen to have a shirt that was thrown in to the crowd by a player, then I would be very interested in purchasing it from you.

Comments

• Options
    Man U away. My mate got Andy Jones’
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    It used to be tradition in the last game of the season. Even shorts and boots 
    Yes, I’ve got one Bob Bolder’s boots somewhere - from Plymouth away it 1991. 
  • Options
    I have the shin pads from Scott Wagstaff, a pre-season AFC Wimbledon game around 2010.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I was chatting to a fellow Addick and he said he received a shirt from a player that had been thrown in to the crowd. The person couldn't recall the match as it it was almost 30 years ago. I've been going since Selhurst and I don't ever recall players throwing shirts in to the crowd.

My guess is it would have been pre player shirt sponsorship days, but I have no idea when that started.

If anyone does happen to have a shirt that was thrown in to the crowd by a player, then I would be very interested in purchasing it from you.
    United away 1990, Plymouth Away 1991
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I got Darren Pitchers blue/black away shirt from Plymouth away, for some reason in the last game of the season he had a long sleeved shirt on.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I got Darren Pitchers blue/black away shirt from Plymouth away, for some reason in the last game of the season he had a long sleeved shirt on.
    He must have brought it out specially to throw i to the crowd as we wore red that day. He also scored a spectacular own goal!
  • Options
    not sure it was the same game - can't remember the year, remember I loved the shirt but it got ruined - shame as would probably be worth something now
  • Options
    not sure it was the same game - can't remember the year, remember I loved the shirt but it got ruined - shame as would probably be worth something now
    ....In the museums rogues gallery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Any chance of a loan to the museum?
  • Options
    Is it true that the reason this doesn’t happen very often is because most of the players would miss?
  • Options
    Man U away. My mate got Andy Jones’
    I got Colin Walsh's.

Donated to the museum.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Is it true that the reason this doesn’t happen very often is because most of the players would miss?
    It's not happened very often at all this season.  :smile:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I've still got Deon Burtons shirt from Yeovil away in the rain

Edit - sorry I should have mentioned when I posted this that I'm not looking to sell
  • Options
    I'd also be interested in buying any 🙂
  • Options
    I've still got Deon Burtons shirt from Yeovil away in the rain

Edit - sorry I should have mentioned when I posted this that I'm not looking to sell
    Is it still wet? 
  • Options
    Got rob elliotts glove at Stockport away 2009.
  • Options
    Bloke I sort of knew years ago who was a mate of a bloke I worked with got Paul Williams blue shirt away at Man Utd. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A friend of mine got Thomas Myhre's gloves. They were so big he planned to laminate his house with them.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Last game of the season 1990/91 we played in Red and White with Woolwich on the shirt. I have Pitchers shirt from that game as I was sitting on top of the fence at the final whistle. It has no.6 on the back.
  • Options
    I remember Bob Bolder lobbing his gloves into the crowd after the play-off win at St Andrew's.  I've always wondered what happened to them
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    CatAddick said:
    I remember Bob Bolder lobbing his gloves into the crowd after the play-off win at St Andrew's.  I've always wondered what happened to them
    My best mate at school had one of them, sadly have lost touch with him now.
  • Options
    I found a programme a few years back from the Selhurst days. In Lennie's notes, he said he had asked the players to not throw their shirts into the crowd, and if they did, please could the fans return them on account of the club not having the money to replace them. 
  • Options
    Konsa’s from Bradford away. Gobbinson lobbed it into the upper tier of the away. 
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    I've got one of them , it will end up in the museum when I find it again.