Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Didn't realise Huddersfield were also in the relegation mix. What's happened to them? 

Interesting that they have the 2nd worst defense in the league, with a certain ex-player a mainstay in their backline...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    clb74 said:
    Wow, a manager unhappy that the opposition were awarded an injury time penalty.

Must be a first in world football.

Bowyer has moved on, some people on here really, really need to do the same.
    Theres more chance of Elfsborg watching a Charlton game than some of us moving on 

Unlikely.
  • Lee has really galvanised the Bham team - interesting to see how he does next season.
  • Chunes said:
    Didn't realise Huddersfield were also in the relegation mix. What's happened to them? 

Interesting that they have the 2nd worst defense in the league, with a certain ex-player a mainstay in their backline...
    They were in the relegation mix with us last season too. Couple of seasons in premier league was a blip for them. 
  • cfgs said:
    stonemuse said:
    Did a Golfie away at Wayne Rooney’s Derby County today. Safety from relegation now confirmed.

Derby are in big big trouble if Rotherham can find a win or two.
    Unfortunately I don’t think Rotherham will do so 
    Rotherham don't have the cutting edge to get a result at the moment.
    Really messed it up, picked up 4 points from Huddersfield and QPR and had some momentum. Then lost 3 home games in a row to Coventry, Birmingham and middlesbrough.
  • cfgs said:
    stonemuse said:
    Did a Golfie away at Wayne Rooney’s Derby County today. Safety from relegation now confirmed.

Derby are in big big trouble if Rotherham can find a win or two.
    Unfortunately I don’t think Rotherham will do so 
    Rotherham don't have the cutting edge to get a result at the moment.
    Really messed it up, picked up 4 points from Huddersfield and QPR and had some momentum. Then lost 3 home games in a row to Coventry, Birmingham and middlesbrough.
    Having to constantly play every 2 to 3 days over the last 2 weeks is massively tough, especially the 6 pointer against Coventry which was played 2 days after they beat QPR. 6 games in 15 days would stretch Man City

Friday
    Monday
    Saturday
    Tuesday
    Thursday
    Sunday
    Wednesday
    Saturday

• 0-4 at home to Cardiff...

A one sided heavy defeat at home against a team in very poor form.

• Is the bounce wearing off? 
  • Sponsored links:

I think his Management career at Birmingham started today. 
  • edited May 2021
    Is the bounce wearing off? 
    He went in to keep them up, job done. Nothing to play for, doubt today's result will keep him up too long tonight. 
  • edited May 2021

Meaningless end of game season where he played some kids and fringe players.

Bad result but put it in context before revealing your confirmation bias
    Presumably we are saying the same about Adkins 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Adkins still had, and just about still does, have something to play for. I can understand the frustration towards him but of course it's very early days and not his squad. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Adkins still had, and just about still does, have something to play for. I can understand the frustration towards him but of course it's very early days and not his squad. 
    But it’s fanciful to say that he’s doing a lot better than Bowyer.  Yes he’s nicer in public.  Big summer ahead - no hiding place next year as he will have a whole new squad of his own choosing 
  • From the Birmingham Mail, a computer simulation of where they finish in 2021-22. :D

• I don't get it.  Derby cant even get a team out, no way they finish anywhere but bottom at the moment and why are Barnsley 2nd bottom?
  • I don't get it.  Derby cant even get a team out, no way they finish anywhere but bottom at the moment and why are Barnsley 2nd bottom?
    Nonsense prediction.
  • Sponsored links:

As my father, who was an engineer once told me…. GIGO. Garbage in, garbage out.  
  • I do think Barnsley will struggle, they've lost their manager and a few of their best players. Got a couple of Barnsley fans at work who are not confident at all. 
  • wmcf123 said:

Agree.

I really can't understand why fans would be moaning about Adkins.

At least give him 18months in the job before moaning and whinging.
  • From the Birmingham Mail, a computer simulation of where they finish in 2021-22. :D

I will put good money on Peterboro not finishing bottom. No chance! They’re such a well run club on the up. They’ll come ahead of quite a few ‘bigger’ clubs.
  • tough start at Sheffield U this evening
  • 1-0 up at Sheff Utd
  • Sheff U go up the other end and hit the post
  • FT 0-1. Birmingham’s first win at Sheff U since 2000.
  • Good win for him tonight
  • Fair play to him. I think he was great for us under such adversity. The man was under a lot of pressure at CAFC and didn't know his head from his asshole.