Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Pass Next Season

13»

Comments

• Options
    Run them both, I certainly wouldn't choose to stay home and watch it on TV on a Saturday, if I can attend. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Run them both, I certainly wouldn't choose to stay home and watch it on TV on a Saturday, if I can attend. 
    This is my point exactly. Not a chance this would lessen my attendance at games but would add extra revenue by me buying the stream for the games I cant get too. If the club wants to attract a wider support base it doesnt make sense to exclude those that cant get to the valley for alot of games due to distance
  • Options
    The 3pm blackout is from the days when television was the only option, and the fear wasn’t that fans of smaller teams would stay home watching their club for free - it was that people wouldn’t go to games if they could watch Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. for free. 

The subscription/PPV model wasn’t really there for teams outside the top flight. Maybe this will change things. If game price is near the regular ticket price, it’s unlikely to stop people attending, as for most of us, going to the game is the point. Allowing people the convenience to see games they can’t easily get to could bring in extra revenue - especially away fans. 

I certainly think it’s worth trialing for a season if the FA allows it. 
  • Options
    I understand that if you price the stream highly then people who can go to the game will still go.

On the other hand, some people who can't go will be put off watching due to the price. I have paid for the 140 quid international pass on the basis that at this price I can just watch 20 matches (mostly evening matches) and get a good money's worth.

Firstly if the season peters out then why would you want to watch? It's not at all like a day out at the match.

Secondly, I can hardly persuadé others like my children to watch as if I were offering a fun, exciting afternoon at the ground.
    I know that they and I want to live a life in the place I'm actually living. If I commit to spending every Saturday afternoon in front of the TV then I have my mind in one place, ignoring family, life and people around me. It may be only 90 minutes but it means refusing other possibilities.

Lastly in some countries the currency does not buy much. When I was in Indonesia for example I earnt 340 pounds a month and I was well off. There's no way I would have paid 10 pounds a match.

Presently I would still not pay 10 pounds a match. It depresses me seeing the stadium empty. It's not worth it. I'm trying not to loose my my mind by writing stories and gardening. Watching this Covid19 football is not helping.

Sorry if this post mixes up lockdown and non lockdown living but it's hard to know where we are now let alone next season. 

• Options

CharltonTV subscribers will be able to watch EVERY pre-season fixture live during summer 2021.

In the build-up to the 2021/22 league campaign, Nigel Adkins’ men will contest warm-up games against Celtic, Dartford, Reading and Crystal Palace.

All of those fixtures will be streamed on CharltonTV and fans with a monthly or annual subscription – wherever you are in the world – will be able to watch them ALL live.  

Click here to purchase your CharltonTV subscription.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60e2f1b67a911/watch-every-pre-season-match-live-on-charltontv