Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite charlton game in recent times

2»

Comments

• Options
    801912601 said:
    Surprised no one has mentioned Pompey away
    Was going to say that one, but the title of the thread was about the best "game" and for me Pompey had a great atmosphere but was not a great game.
  • Options
    Forest away last season is up there.

Really loud following with plenty of piss taking, battling performance on the pitch, proper old school ground, not getting home till late. All the things I miss about following Charlton.
    Was about to say this one. First away win for months, when everyone expected us to get battered. Hooters for pre-match too, the perfect away day.
  • Options
    Wycombe away in the promotion season had something about it. Just one of those away days 
  • Options
    Donny/Sunderland obviously.
    Luton at home 3-1. It was  at this point I really felt we were going to be promoted.
  • Options
    Wycombe away - fantastic support and a vital win.
    QPR away - fantastic support, late drama and a good drink in Westbourne Park after.
    Luton home - played so well against a really good team.
    Doncaster home - had everything. 
    Stoke home - such a battling performance and a great way to start the season. The quality of football from both sides was so good to watch. 

• Options
    Surprised only one person has mentioned Bristol City home game from last year. Was so nice to see the team win after what had been a pretty troubling time and also felt as if we owed them something after the away game 
  • Options
    Leeds at home last season.  I know we have played Leeds loads of time outside of the prem but it really felt "like the good old days".
  • Options
    Both legs of the Donny playoff. Great atmosphere at the away leg, although their late goal probably set up what happened in the 2nd leg. 

Wembley of course, although I was drunk for a lot of it and the winner was a blur for me. 

Luton away, Sollys 94th min equaliser. Absolute scenes in the away end after being heckled by the Luton fans next to us for the proceeding 20 odd mins. Add the home game to that. 

...and oddly the Accrington home game. Remember everyone singing the praises of Accrington and their owner before the game, but they ended up being one of the dirtiest teams we played that season. The scuffle in the end which saw Lyle get sent off only for us to win it with the penatly at the end, and a mini pitch invasion! One of the best atmospheres for a small crowd (10K-ish?) Ive ever been part of at the Valley. 
  • Options
    Pompey away, fantastic away day. on the train back to Waterloo couple of them(Pompey) had a right bit of banter with me and JrUTB how football should be. Proper away day.

WBA away when we had to muck about with the trains,  late equaliser from the spot, sneaking a beer on the train back, with a BTP skipper on the prowl. 

When i was a kid away to Palace in the cup think i was about 10, got offer out by a couple of teenagers who tried to nick my money, couple of lads from Cherry Orchard /Springfield saw what was happening and  went boo and they ran away, they let me tag along for the game. Thats when you know this really is your club.