Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cowleys V Mr Adkins

2»

Comments

• Options
    I personally don't see the need of a pointless comparison. I was extremely happy with Adkins appointment and am looking forward to see how far he can take us. Not been as optimistic about a new manager since Powell, 10 years ago............
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Jury is out on both of them really. The Cowleys did brilliantly at Lincoln, but Lincoln have continued to progress since they left suggesting it wasn’t all down to the Cowleys and they did no more at Huddersfield than Adkins did at Hull. 

This is football - you’re only as good as your last result. 
  • Options
    I can’t say I’m blown away by Adkins, would have been happier if we brought in Danny and Nicky but hey ho, let’s see how we get on. 
  • Options
    I personally don't see the need of a pointless comparison. I was extremely happy with Adkins appointment and am looking forward to see how far he can take us. Not been as optimistic about a new manager since Powell, 10 years ago............
    Best conditions for a Charlton manager has had since Curbishley too , although Powell had a first summer in which he could spend.  
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Portsmouth are set up for a better chance for success this season. They've consistently been better than us and been higher in the table as a result. They've got a well-rounded team who are highly effective at this level and they haven't had any of the drama, morale/infighting and numerous issues we've had. Any comparison between the Cowleys and Adkins in 2021 should be taken with a healthy dose of salt. 
  • Options
    Cowley wanted his brother as assistant TS wanted Jackson that was the end of conversation 
  • Options
    Cowley wanted his brother as assistant TS wanted Jackson that was the end of conversation 
    Is this true or speculation?
  • Options
    How can you compare them? Different players/ run in opponents ect.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Cowleys off to a good start. I reckon they will get Pompey to a play off position by the end of the season .. they've been there, done that promotion wise. I also reckon Nigel A (and his players of course) will do the same for us
  • Options
    What conversation?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What conversation?
    the one TS had with Danny Cowley