Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL: Covid passports may be only way of averting 'dramatic financial effect' of fans not returning

13»

Comments

• Options
    With regard to how it would be actioned at the turnstiles: couldn’t it be integrated electronically, so you have to buy your ticket in advance and through an online profile that you can only setup with proof of vaccination, like Charlton TV when watching online.
    No ticket no entry, I know some people will complain but perhaps it’s time they take their thumb out their bum and do the right thing and get vaccinated, perhaps we’re reaching a point in society where you either do the right thing or get left behind; for the greater good and all that.(this assumes that getting vaccinated is considered doing the right thing).
    It’s all a bit Orwellian, but it is what it is 😉

I am referring purely in the context of attending football/theatre/nightclubs…
    The problem is the purchaser of the ticket may not be the user of the ticket,  Also, although supposedly not allowed, season tickets can be 'shared' but you can't do that with the jab confirmation.

• Options
    Have the club said we have to show proof of jabs next week?
    No.  But they're keen on people bringing their boots. 
  • Options
    With regard to how it would be actioned at the turnstiles: couldn’t it be integrated electronically, so you have to buy your ticket in advance and through an online profile that you can only setup with proof of vaccination, like Charlton TV when watching online.
    No ticket no entry, I know some people will complain but perhaps it’s time they take their thumb out their bum and do the right thing and get vaccinated, perhaps we’re reaching a point in society where you either do the right thing or get left behind; for the greater good and all that.(this assumes that getting vaccinated is considered doing the right thing).

Good luck, we've still never been able to allow people to use VG memberships online 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Hex said:
    I don't see how it's even a possibility until everyone has been given the chance of 2 jabs, which won't be until end of September/early October.
    As someone suggested, base the checks on one jab until October, when it becomes 2 jabs.  It certainly makes more sense than no jabs between now and October.

But no decision has been made and the season KO's on Friday.
    It would be unfair to insist a S/T holder or any ticket holder, must have had a jab to enter when they wouldn't have had time to do so.

• Options
    Hex said:
    I don't see how it's even a possibility until everyone has been given the chance of 2 jabs, which won't be until end of September/early October.
    As someone suggested, base the checks on one jab until October, when it becomes 2 jabs.  It certainly makes more sense than no jabs between now and October.

But no decision has been made and the season KO's on Friday.
    It would be unfair to insist a S/T holder or any ticket holder, must have had a jab to enter when they wouldn't have had time to do so.

Yes it would be unfair BUT we've been in a pandemic for over 16 months where all sorts of restrictions have been implemented at short notice.  Restrictions based on jabs have been on the cards for some time. All adults have had at least 6 weeks to arrange and have their first jab.  There is no shortage of appointments or walk-ups.  If people couldn't be bothered to get a jab until pushed with both hands then they have to suffer the consequences of their inability to read the signs. 

• Options

Season ticket cards are barcoded so could you not provide proof of being double jabbed to the club and it’s integrated into that?
  • Options
    Mask wearing has never made me forget to keep a distance or get closer to communicate and I've never noticed it with anyone else. In fact I'd say quite the opposite.
    I think you're absolutely right with this. Wearing a mask gives a very obvious reminder that we are still at threat from covid and that the person wearing it is concerned. Going maskless doesn't re-enforce these messages. I don't say that as some evangelical mask wearer, but as someone who wears one in some circumstances and not others. I personally believe that I tend to be more careful and the most others are similarly more careful towards me when I am wearing a mask. 
  • Options
    My experience at Fulham yesterday was that not a single supporter was wearing a mask or gave any thought to it.

All the stewards and police were wearing masks which created a rather hostile "Us and Them" feeling - our turnstile operator even apologised for wearing a mask and said that she had been told to!

Don't really think vaccine passports or masks at football have a hope in hell without legal and police enforcement. Everybody's just fed up with the whole thing.