Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Top 6 as they finish in League 1

Comments

• Options
    I'm moderately confident we'll win 4 (the non top 2) games, giving us 74 points - Lincoln, Ipswich, Crewe and Plymouth are all winnable games based on our current form -  which would give us a decent chance of making the playoffs, especially as 2 of those sides are direct rivals for 6th place.

Anything from the Posh and Hull games is then a bonus
  • Options
    We miss out on playoffs 
  • Options
    I did it trying to be honest about what games we'd get something in and ended up with this:
    Posh
    Hull
    Blackpool
    Sunderland
    Pompey
    Us

I've probably assumed Blackpool, Pompey us and Ipswich continue with new manager bounce, but Ipswich less so than us ;)  And a lot depends on how Sunderland recover from losing to us. 
    Donny and Lincoln drop out and Oxford just miss out. My guesses also have Wimbledon and Wigan surviving at the expense of Brizzle, Northampton and Swindon. 

Mind you, I've yet to grace the L2 places in the prediction league so it might reasonably be asked what do I know?

• Options
    I think we'll win them if we get in them, be the team in form. 
  • Options
    We will be there, Sunderland will we be there, the outcome, I rest my case
  • Options
    Had a go, tried to keep as sensible a head as I could and these are my final predictions-:

1 Hull -  90 pts
    2 Posh - 89
    3 Sund - 86
    4 Blacp - 84
    5 Cafc -  81
    6 Pomp - 80
    I'd hate to see you with your non-sensible head on. 81 points  !!  That means we win 6 & draw 1.....with no defeats. 

*walks away shaking his head.....
  • Options
    fenny said:
    We will be there, Sunderland will we be there, the outcome, I rest my case
    If we play Sunderland it will be because we are 6th & them 3rd. I cant see them dropping any lower & I can't see us pipping 2 other clubs to get into 5th. 
  • Options
    Sunderland over 2 legs in the play offs.....it's in the stars 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Needed a big win on the last day to pip Hull to the title.  Also, bad luck Sunderland. 
    I dont just think it was a big win on the last game of the season that you plugged into the predictor - seeing our GD is just +6 atm we would need to win all the other 6 matches by at least 4 clear goals.

And good to see that about the only other person who agreed with me was @oohaahmortimer. Clearly everyone else is about as deluded as Chizz. 
    Yes, we had plenty of large wins in the last few games.  But it also required a big win on the last day to make sure we finished ahead of Hull.  It was quite a day, with that incredible ending.  

For anyone unaware, we were 3-0 at half time and cruising, but really needed that fourth goal to make the title safe.  So, it was a real surprise to see Nigel Adkins go ahead with his pre-announced plan to bring Thomas Sandgaard on with five minutes to go.  And an even bigger surprise when Johnnie Jackson picked himself up having been brought down in the box to hand the ball to Thomas to take the penalty in the last minute.  

And, as everyone knows, the owner strode up casually to blast the ball home.  It trickled off his foot and bounced off the Sunderland keeper's shin and was followed up by Jason Euell, to complete his hat-trick. 

What a game. 
    Good job, Thomas Sandgaard played in Rocket Ronnie Schwartz's 29 shirt. Nobody would have guessed.
    And what foresight to register Jacko and 44 year old Jason Euell. Genius!

Oh ..... and Thomas picked himself as POTY. He deserves it. :smile:

• Options
    Sunderland over 2 legs in the play offs.....it's in the stars 
    It seems the anti-Play Off option

e.g. Cant beat us in the Final but would have no trouble in the Semi-Finals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm moderately confident we'll win 4 (the non top 2) games, giving us 74 points - Lincoln, Ipswich, Crewe and Plymouth are all winnable games based on our current form -  which would give us a decent chance of making the playoffs, especially as 2 of those sides are direct rivals for 6th place.

Anything from the Posh and Hull games is then a bonus
    You've also got the trip to Accrington to throw in there
  • Options
    Sunderland will 3rd time lucky us , if by a miracle we play them in the play offs 
  • Options
    Had a go, tried to keep as sensible a head as I could and these are my final predictions-:

1 Hull -  90 pts
    2 Posh - 89
    3 Sund - 86
    4 Blacp - 84
    5 Cafc -  81
    6 Pomp - 80
    I'd hate to see you with your non-sensible head on. 81 points  !!  That means we win 6 & draw 1.....with no defeats. 

*walks away shaking his head.....
    Everyone to their own opinion @goldaddick. Mine is looking at a regalvanised side, with a simpler way of playing and players gaining confidence. We went on a run before so we can go again. 
    If you have an opinion that's different then fine, I happen to think we can do it, if I'm wrong so be it. 
    * Walks away shaking head at pessimistic posts!
  • Options
    I reckon 74/75 points total btw.
    Hopefully enough for 6th spot 
  • Options
    1 Hull
    2 Sunderland
    3 Posh
    4 Charlton Ath
    5 Blackpool
    6 Pompey
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We miss out on playoffs 
    Booo
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    One thing for sure is that we have put much pressure on Lincoln & Ipswich tonight, especially as we arent playing. This could work to our favour and could be the turning point for the rest of the play off race 
  • Options
    Come on then Golfie, spill the beans. You've got us going down haven't you?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Come on then Golfie, spill the beans. You've got us going down haven't you?
    I said upthread we won't make top 6. For the past 3 months I've been saying 8th to 10th & although now I'm thinking 7th or 8th I still think the play offs are just a couple of points to far......maybe even miss out on GD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We could still finish second
  • Options
    I feel like we won't quite make it, but I'm not that bothered about it. It's been a weird, difficult season and I won't be crushed if we don't get into the play-offs as long as we look like we're developing a style of play and turning in some performances. I think if we make it to the play-offs we won't win them anyway, so I'm hopeful that we'll keep improving, bring in some really good permanent signings in the summer and push for automatics next season. And from there never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever have to be in League One again. That's the dream
  • Options
    Here is a calculator if anybody feels able to do it objectively!

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/
    I have us 5th or 6th even with draws v Peterborough and Plymouth. 
  • Options
    It's in the stars. We make the final and play Sunderland. Trouble is leaving the ground after the semi final victory Innis tries over a pot hole and tear his hamstring, on falling he fall on Famwoe and injures him who in turn falls into Stockley who is concussed. That give Sunderland a chance in the final lol
  • Options
    Only if we knock one in for them.
  • Options
    I feel like we won't quite make it, but I'm not that bothered about it. It's been a weird, difficult season and I won't be crushed if we don't get into the play-offs as long as we look like we're developing a style of play and turning in some performances. I think if we make it to the play-offs we won't win them anyway, so I'm hopeful that we'll keep improving, bring in some really good permanent signings in the summer and push for automatics next season. And from there never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever have to be in League One again. That's the dream
    This, I think we will just miss out this season but not through lack of effort and Im totally fine with it. Im just glad we have a great owner, a good manager and backroom staff and clear vision for the future :)
  • Options
    Looking at the run-in fixtures just noticed that Sunderland still have to play Blackpool twice, could be interesting!
  • Options

Super close by my reckoning and Sunderland in the semi finals this time, rather than final. 
  • Options
    Way to many people giving it the not bothered this season, as we are an absolute shoe in to go up next season. Tell Portsmouth and Sunderland that....... I would say it’s a massive disappointment to miss out this year, we need results in the next 7 games. Next year we need results in 46 games....... 

If we nick that 6th spot, we are more prepared than most to get through them. We have a big squad, we are improving and we are “On A Run”..... 

All this it will be ok next season is CRAP, we have a chance now, we need to grab it. 
    I don't think anyone has said it will all definitely be better next season, I certainly haven't. What I'm saying is that if we continue to improve as we have done, develop a consistent way of playing and start getting the most out of our players then we will be set up well for next season and that will mean that not going up this season won't hurt as much. I still want us to go up obviously, but it's equally important that we develop under Adkins. I liked Bowyer but I feel like if we hadn't made the play-offs with him then there wasn't necessarily anything to indicate that things would get better the following season. If we finish this season strongly then we will at least be in a positive place and can kick on