Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Of The Season

Put on the spot, who would your pick be?

Will the club be doing an online vote this season?

Comments

• Options
    Forster-Caskey wins it for me

Conor Washington would be my second choice, reckon Inniss would have walked away with it had he not been injured for so long
    Agreed. In terms of consistency and games played you can't really look past JFC.
  • Options
    JFC by a long way for me 
  • Options
    Amos has done well.
  • Options
    JFC would get my vote 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Amos has done well.
    Quite a few people were calling for him to be dropped recently. Apparently if you're not saving worldies it's not good enough. 
  • Options
    Forster-Caskey wins it for me

Conor Washington would be my second choice, reckon Inniss would have walked away with it had he not been injured for so long
    If it wasn’t for injuries, I think that would comfortably be the top 3 this season. 
  • Options
    Too much chopping & changing and resting players for there to have been any real consistency. Haven't got a clue about the no. of appearances but I doubt anyone apart from Amos has started more than 30 matches.

No stand out player in a bunch of mediocrity. 
  • Options
    Too much chopping & changing and resting players for there to have been any real consistency. Haven't got a clue about the no. of appearances but I doubt anyone apart from Amos has started more than 30 matches.

No stand out player in a bunch of mediocrity. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Charlton_Athletic_F.C._season

The only outfield players to start 30 games or more are Pratley and Gunter. It's strange that a season where with 6 games to go we still have a chance of the playoffs can be so underwhelming on the pitch, with so few stand out performers. 

Pratley has the 2 crazy red cards, while Gunter has been a bit underwhelming. Chuks has been too fragile, Washington decent without really exceptional, Amos has conceded too many log shots, Famewo and Inniss have had too out out with injuries etc

JFC probably gets it by default...

And who will be the young player of the year, in a season where no new academy players have broken through to the first team, and Morgan has been in and out of the side? Maatsen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JFC
  • Options
    Pearce has been good since he came back into the side.

Purrington has been unlucky to have been dropped for Maatsen

Pratley been a great leader and played a lot of games, especially at his age.

I think the rule is players have to have Syed ten games. How many has Innis done?

JFC has proved a lot of doubters wrong and been a big part of our upturn.

Official voting should be on the OS soon.

• Options
    I think this is the first season that I don’t have any player I’m desperate for us to keep and yet we are still in with a shout of promotion which is pretty mad. The closest I have is either JFC or Morgan and one of those can’t even get in the match day squad! Excited for our summer recruitment whichever division we are in.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    JFC for me too, would be tempted to say Aneke if he'd played more.

Certainly a case of "who's not been that bad?" this season, which makes it feel weird we're in with a decent shout at the playoffs.
  • Options
    You've got to choose someone that's played a lot.
    Amos - too many long range goals.
    Gunter - Not many really good performances. 
    Maatsen - defensively poor. 
    JFC - Overall quite decent. 
    Aneke - A contender, but how many starts? 
    Washington-  Not that many starts and showed not much for the middle of the season. 

JFC wins by default in a season where his winning performances would not normally merit a top 3 slot. 

Still want to get rid of JFC? 
  • Options
    Pearce has been good since he came back into the side.

Purrington has been unlucky to have been dropped for Maatsen

Pratley been a great leader and played a lot of games, especially at his age.

I think the rule is players have to have Syed ten games. How many has Innis done?

JFC has proved a lot of doubters wrong and been a big part of our upturn.

Official voting should be on the OS soon.

Agree on all except Pratley. Hes done ok but I despute
    him being a great leader, absolutely stupid red cards not what I want in leader. For his age he does continue to put a decent shift in mind. 

• Options
    JFC. Without being rude don’t think it’s close between anyone else. We are a completely different team when he plays.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Straightforward this year....has to be JFC 1st, 2nd and 3rd. He has been the most consistent and  To be fair to the bloke he has stepped up to the plate  and taken the lead midfield roll. But let’s be honest he hasn’t had much competition. Inniss would have been in with a shout if he hadn’t missed 5 months. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Washington-  Not that many starts and showed not much for the middle of the season. 

JFC wins by default in a season where his winning performances would not normally merit a top 3 slot. 

I'm not fussed either way.
    In his first decent season for us he has at least proved he is capable of holding down a L1 slot.
    There are other L1 midfielders I'd prefer given a choice.
    I think the only player I would be gutted to lose is Inniss. 
  • Options

I'm not fussed either way.
    In his first decent season for us he has at least proved he is capable of holding down a L1 slot.
    There are other L1 midfielders I'd prefer given a choice.
    I think the only player I would be gutted to lose is Inniss. 
    JFC was pretty decent in the 17/18 season at this level.  In fact he came 3rd in the player of the year :-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, it's around his level  6-10th in L1, assuming he puts in the required effort.
    I'm not confident he always will, not like I was with say Cullen, Bielik, Gallagher.
    Yesterday, first half for example he "went missing".
    I'd prefer someone better, but we can't expect to change everyone bar Inniss. 
  • Options
    Yes, it's around his level  6-10th in L1, assuming he puts in the required effort.
    I'm not confident he always will, not like I was with say Cullen, Bielik, Gallagher.
    He played 42 games in 17/18, which coincidently, is exactly the same number of games Reeves and Lapslie played between the the following season.  We would have been an ever better side, all other things being equal, if he hadn't been injured. 

He only managed 9 games last season but still averaged more than Lyle Taylor in the statbank. 

If you get 2 or even 3 better than him you will have a very good league 1 side.   He isn't as good as the 3 you mentioned, or Aribo, but he is significantly better than most of the players we have and most of the SQUAD we had in 18/19. 

• Options
    Reminds me of when Matt Holland won by default for being a lovely guy and being immaculately dressed, before and after the game.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He played 42 games in 17/18, which coincidently, is exactly the same number of games Reeves and Lapslie played between the the following season.  We would have been an ever better side, all other things being equal, if he hadn't been injured. 

He only managed 9 games last season but still averaged more than Lyle Taylor in the statbank. 

If you get 2 or even 3 better than him you will have a very good league 1 side.   He isn't as good as the 3 you mentioned, or Aribo, but he is significantly better than most of the players we have and most of the SQUAD we had in 18/19. 

Agreed and what I'm hoping for next season is a very good league 1 side.
    In fact I'd like them to be so good they get promoted (assuming we don't somehow achieve it this season).
  • Options
    Forster-Caskey wins by default in absence of any real competition this year. Reminiscent of the year Semedo won.
  • Options
    JFC, Aneke second, hard to say who will come third.
  • Options
    I'd go for Aneke just because I think he's been our best player this season and without him we'd be nowhere. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    JFC, Aneke second, hard to say who will come third.
    Washington surely? 
  • Options
    As you're not a fan Covered End, you should be encouraging people to vote for JFC on the grounds that nearly all our POTY in recent seasons have immediately left  ;)