Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Of The Season

2»

Comments

• Options
    Best players for me are Inniss, Famewo and Aneke, with JFC close behind. 
    I guess it’s JFC by default, due to number of games played. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Yes, it's around his level  6-10th in L1, assuming he puts in the required effort.
    I'm not confident he always will, not like I was with say Cullen, Bielik, Gallagher.
    Yesterday, first half for example he "went missing".
    I'd prefer someone better, but we can't expect to change everyone bar Inniss. 
    Not sure it's fair to criticise him going missing yesterday. There are very few players who are going to play 40 great games in League 1. You could also argue he would be better with better around him. He's had two good seasons in average League 1 sides, would have been interesting to see how he would have faired in the promotion winning team. I wouldn't have him above Cullen or Bielik, but a diamond with those two and Aribo would have nice to see. 
  • Options
    You've got to choose someone that's played a lot.
    Amos - too many long range goals.
    Gunter - Not many really good performances. 
    Maatsen - defensively poor. 
    JFC - Overall quite decent. 
    Aneke - A contender, but how many starts? 
    Washington-  Not that many starts and showed not much for the middle of the season. 

JFC wins by default in a season where his winning performances would not normally merit a top 3 slot. 

Still want to get rid of JFC? 
    I'm not fussed either way.
    In his first decent season for us he has at least proved he is capable of holding down a L1 slot.
    There are other L1 midfielders I'd prefer given a choice.
    I think the only player I would be gutted to lose is Inniss. 
    That's fair. I'd like him to build on this season though. We also have to be realistic, signing 20 players is unreasonable so looking at the current he's pretty high on the list of those I'd like to be here next season. Definitely have to improve in midfield options though. 
  • Options
    Amos for me - easy to forget his performances at the start of the season 
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Amos for me - easy to forget his performances at the start of the season 
    Only because of his bang average performance since
  • Options
    JFC, can’t see much alternative really (which isn’t the most exciting reason to nominate a player of the season!)
  • Options
    1st JFC (hands down) 2nd Washington 3rd Aneke 

If Innis had played another 10-12 games and performed like he has in his 8 so far, he would have been a serious contender. 
  • Options
    I'd pick JFC too. Might have been Washington or Chuks without the injuries. Surprised Stockley hasn't had a mention yet. 
  • Options
    Even though he's hardly played I'd still give it to Inniss. This season has been truly dire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JFC
  • Options
    I'd have to abstain tbh, if JFC wins POTY after some of the shit performances and misweighted passes then fk me.

He's had some good games don't get me wrong but IMO he's very average. 

• Options
    I'd have to abstain tbh, if JFC wins POTY after some of the shit performances and misweighted passes then fk me.

He's had some good games don't get me wrong but IMO he's very average. 

Does League 1 have a player who hasn't put in a shit performance and play a few bad passes? Kevin De Bruyne is out of most teams price range unfortunately.
  • Options
    Looking at the statbank average numbers, Inniss is way out in the lead but has played too few games really. JFC would be a worthy if underwhelming winner

Inniss 7.44
    Famewo 6.77
    JFC 6.75
    Stockley 6.63
    Amos 6.58
    Aneke 6.55
    Shinnie 6.43
    Maatsen 6.31
    Pearce 6.31

• Options
    Bearing in mind that in recent years the winner of PoTY leaves the club within a year, if not sooner (Semedo, Poyet, Cousins, Holmes, DaSilva, Taylor, Phillips) I’m voting for......... Oshilaja 🤭😜
  • Options
    JFC
  • Options
    Most impressive man I've seen on The Valley pitch all season is Thomas Sandgaard. But JFC by a mile. 
  • Options
    Ryan Inniss is not on the ballot form. Not played enough matches.
  • Options
    About 8 players from the season we went up would win POTY over this lot