Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth v Charlton | Tue 20 Apr | 7:45pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    0-4 away win. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    ButtleJR said:
    Photo from twitter, looks like chuks will be involved tomorrow 👍
    Adkins has said a few times he travels with the full squad. Who is the guy with the massive white whisps of hair coming out of his ears? Doesn't look like Maatsen, Jaiyesimi or Deji.
  • Options

Having slept soundly during the last fixture,  I fully expect to sleep through this one.

If this is what it takes to reach the play offs I will wait until we have some players caoable of playing some half decent football. 

I was a huge critic of Gobinson but he is achieving success keeping the round thing on the grass where it was meant to be. 

Utter rubbish under Bowyer and utter rubbish under Professor Positive.  Not one decent passage of passing football during my waking hours so far under Mr A. 

If walking frame Watson is the solution God help us all.  I have yet to see him run or tackle.  

Not a chance in hell of being anywhere near the Championship next season.  Stick that in your Positive PowerPoint presentation.  

You can easily tell when Watson has made a tackle as the referee will be showing him a yellow card straight after.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

Having slept soundly during the last fixture,  I fully expect to sleep through this one.

If this is what it takes to reach the play offs I will wait until we have some players caoable of playing some half decent football. 

I was a huge critic of Gobinson but he is achieving success keeping the round thing on the grass where it was meant to be. 

Utter rubbish under Bowyer and utter rubbish under Professor Positive.  Not one decent passage of passing football during my waking hours so far under Mr A. 

If walking frame Watson is the solution God help us all.  I have yet to see him run or tackle.  

Not a chance in hell of being anywhere near the Championship next season.  Stick that in your Positive PowerPoint presentation.  

You can easily tell when Watson has made a tackle as the referee will be showing him a yellow card straight after.
    To be fair that's because the tackled player walked past him several days earlier. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Adkins has said a few times he travels with the full squad. Who is the guy with the massive white whisps of hair coming out of his ears? Doesn't look like Maatsen, Jaiyesimi or Deji.
    Famewo I think 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

Looks like Chuks is going on holiday. :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    ButtleJR said:

Trip to the West Country with a ride on a choo choo train!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    ButtleJR said:

Trip to the West Country with a ride on a choo choo train!
    Proper Charlton!!
    Hope they find a nice beach in the West Country during the day tomorrow.
    Must ensure they apply the sun cream - don't want a first sunburn eleven...
  • Options
    Now, here's the real Golfie account.......

I hate labeling any match a "must win" but I'm afraid we are very fast approaching shit or get off the pot time. I reckon we need another 12 points to grab 6th spot & so tomorrow must be one of the 3-pointers otherwise we will be needing to beat either Hull or Peterborough from our remaining 6 matches. 

Simply must play Aneke & must find a way of moving the ball quicker - and that doesnt mean 40 yard punts upfield to Stockley every time we have the ball.

However, I feel the N'Adkins bubble is about to be burst & we will not only be all at sea but our ship will be sunk come 9.35pm tomorrow.

2-1 to the silly leprechauns 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    It’s Jake I think
  • Options
    Think we will see changes today.

Amos.

Purrington, Innis, Famewo, Gunter

JFC, Watson, Shinnie

Millar, DJ, 

Stockley
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if we change formation today. We have to rotate and have only two wingers. The dreaded diamond is a possibility.
  • Options
    Now I'm less optimistic if we really have to rotate the squad today.
  • Options
    This is a must win game, else it will be out of our own hands.

If we can keep it "in our hands" until May funny things can happen.  If someone now loses a couple of games in a row it blows the whole thing open again.

Sunderland were miles ahead of us two weeks ago but if they lose to Hull and Blackpool we could be within touching distance come May.  Lincoln are enjoying a "Covid bounce" but Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday could quickly catch up with them again. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    This is a must win game, else it will be out of our own hands.

If we can keep it "in our hands" until May funny things can happen.  If someone now loses a couple of games in a row it blows the whole thing open again.

Sunderland were miles ahead of us two weeks ago but if they lose to Hull and Blackpool we could be within touching distance come May.  Lincoln are enjoying a "Covid bounce" but Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday could quickly catch up with them again. 
    Unless our luck wants to stick with us because everyone else loses as well

Worth pointing out in general that this is a scheduled round of fixtures for League One rather a game in hand
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Would not take Matthews out for Gunter 
    i would :)
  • Options
    I fancy us to bounce back to winning ways, hopefully the team can fix the simple task of finding the net and Nigel can set the team up accordingly. I am sure they will have learnt something along the way 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I was Nigel Adkins, I’d take all of the pressure off the players in his pre-game talk.

I’d emphasise that, with the introduction of the European Super League, our game is meaningless and the players can do what they want in terms of tactics, attitude and commitment. I’d insist that they simply ‘make things up as they go along’.

I’d encourage kicking the ball in at throw-ins and using rush goalie as and when it was deemed fit.

Depending on how the referee was performing, I’d encourage the players to slap his bottom every time they passed him if he was having a good game but giving him a Chinese burn every time they passed him, if he was having a bad game.

I'd encourage our players to talk to each other on the pitch in a Cornish accent just to confuse the Plymouth players.

At half-time, I'd introduce 11 horses for the players to ride upon during the game, just to confuse our opponents. That way, we'd have 66 working legs in our favour for the 2nd half. Each horse would be named after the current 12 teams which make up the ESL, leaving out Spurs.

Finally, in the 80th minute, I'd set out 26 desks (with crayons and paper) in the centre circle and insist that all players from opposing teams and their respective managers partake in a dinosaur drawing competition. Winner gets the game awarded to them.

Plymouth 0-1 Charlton (Aneke wins dinosaur drawing competition for his alarmingly accurate depiction of a Stegosaurus).
  • Options
    Really got a bad feeling about tonight, totally hope wrong , but could just be one of those really frustrating evenings
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    ButtleJR said:

Jason Euell I reckon.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:
    I thought Mathews was possibly our best player last season and Gunter was an unnecessary high quality addition at right back.

Now they are both awful and very error prone. 
    Is that such a thing?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:
    I thought Mathews was possibly our best player last season and Gunter was an unnecessary high quality addition at right back.

Is that such a thing?
    When you consider how skint we were at the time - maybe yes
  • Options
    First goal will be crucial tonight and after the results on Saturday we will be deperate for 3 points. Third match against Plymouth and we have yet to look like winning against them. 1-0 Plymouth.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:

Is that such a thing?
    Yes.
  • Options
    High quality additions are pretty key to an improving team. 

Has Gunter done consistently well? No and that happens but we should ALWAYS look to improve the team at any point. 
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic: For the fans.