Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth v Charlton | Tue 20 Apr | 7:45pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    better better than having the goalie sent off early on as we did previously but then we did win
  • Options
    charlton to win 2-0 tonight to close the gap with Sunderland by another 3 points...

• Options
    Fancy a win tonight 2-0 to Charlton - no rationale, other than a gut feeling
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:
    Would not take Matthews out for Gunter 
    i would :)
    I thought Mathews was possibly our best player last season and Gunter was an unnecessary high quality addition at right back.

Now they are both awful and very error prone. 
    I may remember this incorrectly, but I thought we brought in Gunter because Matthews was off elsewhere trying to get a Championship contract. It didn’t work out so we brought him back in. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:
    I thought Mathews was possibly our best player last season and Gunter was an unnecessary high quality addition at right back.

I may remember this incorrectly, but I thought we brought in Gunter because Matthews was off elsewhere trying to get a Championship contract. It didn’t work out so we brought him back in. 
    Gunter was also Bowyer's first choice last season - Roland wouldnt sanction it then so we brought in Matthews
  • Options
    Beginning to wish I'd never mentioned Gunter and bloody Matthews. 
  • Options
    another must win and we'll win this .. unchanged side barring any niggles/injuries

Plymouth Argyle 0 v CAFC 2
  • Options
    2-0 victory all day long. Keep the faith
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:

Is that such a thing?
    Famewo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely a must win game having failed to beat Ipswich. 
    Last chance of reaching the playoffs fast approaching. 
    Sadly I can't see beyond a draw.1.1
    You can’t see past your Derby.😂
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:

Must admit, i thought Gunter would have performed better, but he's still better than Mathews for me..
  • Options
    Matthews for me all day, yes hes not hit the highs of last season but hes been in and out of team until last 2/3 games. He started last season slow but soon found form and was easily one of our best players. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:

Must admit, i thought Gunter would have performed better, but he's still better than Mathews for me..
    I'm really undecided between the two. 

Matthews is better on the ball and at getting attacking crosses in. Gunter is better at basic defending, blocking crosses etc. 

Matthews often loses the ball when bombing forward.

Gunter often loses the ball with basic passing errors. 

Both should be doing better than they have.
  • Options
    Matthews for me both not good this season but matthews a bit quicker down the line and Gunter is shit at every think he touches 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Matthews for me both not good this season but matthews a bit quicker down the line and Gunter is shit at every think he touches 
    Sometimes I wish I used Reddit more often..

r/boneappletea

How does one touch a think/thought
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    They might rest Inniss tonight. Would like to see both Shinnie and Gilbey starting. Probably won’t happen. Aneke would be a big bonus. 
    1-0 Charlton. 
  • Options
    Webbja77 said:
    Matthews for me all day, yes hes not hit the highs of last season but hes been in and out of team until last 2/3 games. He started last season slow but soon found form and was easily one of our best players. 
    This!
  • Options
    Jayden Stockley has done very well for us but he's looked very tired in the last two matches. Would like to see Chuks start if he has shaken off his niggling injury. And let's keep it one the deck a bit rather than rely so heavily on the long ball forward.

Head says a draw (1-1). Heart says another 0-1 away win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely shinnie has to play
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:

I'm really undecided between the two. 

Matthews is better on the ball and at getting attacking crosses in. Gunter is better at basic defending, blocking crosses etc. 

Matthews often loses the ball when bombing forward.

Gunter often loses the ball with basic passing errors. 

Both should be doing better than they have.
    Yet Gunter has 3 assists to Matthews 1. He's played more often but quite a few of those were at Centre Back.
  • Options
    Plymouth’s a horrible place for clubs to visit. Miles from home and Argyle are always difficult to beat there. Draw under usual circumstances would be decent but no use to us now. We might as well go for it big style. 
  • Options
    Nice pitch, be a shame to play long ball on it. 

Fully expect us to stick with a very similar starting 11. 

I'm going Plymouth 1-2 Charlton: 

I'd prefer to see this, happy to rotate Gilbey for JFC and replace with Shinnie too: 

• Options
    3-1 to us, Schwartz to get a half-way decent run out.

Okay, I may have started a bit early this evening.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Gunter has been a horror show this season and has gifted a number of goals. For me, Matthews is another Plain Jane full-back like Purrington.
  • Options
    Can't revert back to 4-4-2 as this squad gives up space all the time in a flat midfield 4.  I'd prefer to see Albie inside right, he's much better at reading and reacting to the game than Maatsen.  Shinnie would be a much better option too.  Ian Maatsen's a wing back who is positionally very suspect at this point in his career.  Talented yes, off the ball he doesn't read the game.