Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s the latest on crowds returning?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Decent crowds in  🇦🇺 In the NRL, there’s hope!
  • Options
    clive said:
    I thought the 'road map' ended with the total lifting of restrictions in June, so why are some like @ElfsborgAddick suggesting that it may not be until December?!
    We'll all have to wait and see.
    My view is that pubs, restaurants, theatres and sports stadiums will not be anywhere near capacity way beyond mid June.
    I could not even sit in the boozer yesterday, I cannot see drastic changes in two months.
    An audience of 4,000 without masks or social distancing will be allowed at the o2 on 11th May, so surely outdoor events with certain precautions should be ok in a few months.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56835482
    In fact that event is the exact opposite of social distancing. The 4,000 will be seated on the 4,000 seats in tier1 so it is effectively a 4,000 seated indoor event! Therefore I am hoping some relaxtions of outdoor event rules may happen. 
  • Options
    I'll wager that by the end of next season capacity crowds will still not be allowed in football stadiums.
    Full capacity though for our Premier League return season. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    clive said:
    I thought the 'road map' ended with the total lifting of restrictions in June, so why are some like @ElfsborgAddick suggesting that it may not be until December?!
    We'll all have to wait and see.
    My view is that pubs, restaurants, theatres and sports stadiums will not be anywhere near capacity way beyond mid June.
    I could not even sit in the boozer yesterday, I cannot see drastic changes in two months.
    An audience of 4,000 without masks or social distancing will be allowed at the o2 on 11th May, so surely outdoor events with certain precautions should be ok in a few months.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56835482
    In fact that event is the exact opposite of social distancing. The 4,000 will be seated on the 4,000 seats in tier1 so it is effectively a 4,000 seated indoor event! Therefore I am hoping some relaxtions of outdoor event rules may happen. 
    Hopefully this and the other test events will go well

It's quite a step to go from such test events, with testing before and afterwards, to a normalised indoors event, where people can buy tickets 5 minutes beforehand, but it's an important stepping stone

Football being outside is a lot safer clearly, especially the Curbs stand, with its outside concourse!
  • Options
    Decent crowds in  🇦🇺 In the NRL, there’s hope!
    There was 54,000 at Perth Stadium last Friday night for the AFL match between West Coast and Collingwood.

Crowd restrictions are being eased further in Victoria to 85% capacity so they're expecting 85,000 at the MCG on Sunday for the ANZAC Day clash between Collywobbles and Essenscum.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Only fans who went to the Fulham U21 Checkatrade first round game in 2017 will be allowed to go the Wembley final. 
    Just been on the phone to Mr.Sandgaard  and he tells me anyone who went to Blackpool in 72 have priority 
    Big Kev can’t go then. He weren’t there.