Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Clubs pay that sort of money on the managers reputation as a player.

Seen load of times where great player does not make a great manager but it will still go on.
  • AndyG said:
    shine166 said:
    Isn't Rooney being paid by the sponsor? 
    I really dont give a monkeys who is paying him. Who in their right mind would pay him £90k a week for doing a job he was totally unproven at doing ? Ok he went there in a playing coach role but even then I could run faster than him ffs, it was obvious his playing days were over 
    The point is, surely that’s breaking some kind of rule.
  • That’s what happened when you go to young girls hotel room
  • Lost to the Posh .. Oh dear  :o
  • edited August 2021
    Lost to the Posh .. Oh dear  :o
    Posh equalised in 91st minute and got the winner in 100th. 😂😂
    Funnier was his claim that they were by far the better team. They really weren’t.
    much better two time late than never
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferguson always comes out on top. 
  • There are some appointments that scream "FAILURE" and Rooney as a manager is one of them. The credentials of a player have little bearing on suitability to bring success as a manager. What is far more of an indicator is WHAT KIND OF MAN IS HE? 
    Then consider the way he lives his life. Is he conscientious? A good organiser, motivator, man-management, able to take the stress off his players and shoulder this stress to let them express themselves.I would say Rooney possibly fails on all these things. Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson had these things in spades. 

I must say Bowyer surprised me in this regard. I really couldn't see him ever being a father to his players at all. But perhaps we will see with him. He clearly can fire men up. But does he have what it takes to manage at the very top? I'm not sure. I think he sees the Leeds job as the one main aim. If he somehow managed to keep the momentum with Brum for this season and sneak in to PREM then perhaps. I doubt he would get that far.

Rooney's private life is terrible example for motivating a group of men. If I was Derby I'd sack him now. He is not a manager and a huge liability.

Can they afford to pay him off?
  • If you watch the link in the “The men who sell football “ thread, the only reason I think of, is that by having Rooney as manager, it would help get investment as he is known all of the world. Would also explain Lampard being there beforehand.
  • There are some appointments that scream "FAILURE" and Rooney as a manager is one of them. The credentials of a player have little bearing on suitability to bring success as a manager. What is far more of an indicator is WHAT KIND OF MAN IS HE? 
    Then consider the way he lives his life. Is he conscientious? A good organiser, motivator, man-management, able to take the stress off his players and shoulder this stress to let them express themselves.I would say Rooney possibly fails on all these things. Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson had these things in spades. 

I must say Bowyer surprised me in this regard. I really couldn't see him ever being a father to his players at all. But perhaps we will see with him. He clearly can fire men up. But does he have what it takes to manage at the very top? I'm not sure. I think he sees the Leeds job as the one main aim. If he somehow managed to keep the momentum with Brum for this season and sneak in to PREM then perhaps. I doubt he would get that far.

Rooney's private life is terrible example for motivating a group of men. If I was Derby I'd sack him now. He is not a manager and a huge liability.

his signing as a player was an expensive publicity stunt .. 32 Red, shirt number 32 and all that, surely embarrassing for real Derby fans .. like many modern players Rooney is too greedy for both money and fame/recognition when his best days are well in the past. Like him or loath him  he had a great career for Man U and England, only to tarnish it by acting the goat for the above mentioned 32 bullshit .. as already said by @ValleyOfTears, most great players who try it fail as managers, indeed more often than not it's the mediocre players who become super managers. I suppose you can't blame Rooney for wanting to be a manager despite what I consider to be through greed and an over inflated ego. The blame for this type of crazy appointment lies with the usually shrewd businessmen who get all gooey eyed and lovestruck and  appoint ex 'superstar' players as managers and then live to regret their ill starred affairs. 
    This piece about Mel Morris the Candy Crush Man is very revealing

Alan Nixon drops worrying Mel Morris claim that'll leave Derby County fans fuming - opinion (msn.com)
  • Oh dear. It does not look good for the Club.
  • Redrobo said:
    Oh dear. It does not look good for the Club.
    Nixon seemed to be implying, in this usual unhelpful way, that Morris hasn't and won't submit the accounts because then the EFL will see what a mess the club is in, financially.  

When the accounts are submitted, according to Nixon, there will be further sanctions from the ELF for the financial wrong doing.
  • edited August 2021
    They've now signed Phil Jagielka on a short term deal
    Jesus. He must be about 40.

Just looked, 39 today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Nixon seemed to be implying, in this usual unhelpful way, that Morris hasn't and won't submit the accounts because then the EFL will see what a mess the club is in, financially.  

When the accounts are submitted, according to Nixon, there will be further sanctions from the ELF for the financial wrong doing.
    It is why the EFL should stop them signing anyone until they have complied. No point of an embargo when the window is shut.
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

It is why the EFL should stop them signing anyone until they have complied. No point of an embargo when the window is shut.
    Will still be allowed to sign free transfers though
  • edited September 2021

More trouble at Derby. 
  • edited September 2021
    Which is the latest charge? - Be ridiculous if they've now defaulted in paying Transfer Fee Installments

Feel that one is on the EFL for letting Derby sign the likes of Ravel Morrison and Phil Jagielka etc.
  • edited September 2021
    Which is the latest charge? - Be ridiculous if they've now defaulted in paying Transfer Fee Installments

Feel that one is on the EFL for letting Derby sign the likes of Ravel Morrison and Phil Jagielka etc.
    I’m not sure to be honest mate. I presumed it was the bottom one about transfer fees, but not certain. 

EFL and the independent committee have to come up with a solution eventually. Can’t just keep adding charges to clubs and doing nothing about it apart from small fines and the occasional 6 point deduction. 
  • edited September 2021
    They'll get a 10k fine and be told to not do it again
  • Have no idea of the finer details of what Derby's wrong doings are but on the face of that list they look pretty bloody serious. EFL really have no stomach to go after one of the bigger clubs do they, even when they blatantly taking the piss like Derby are.
  • They'll get a 10k fine and be told to not do it again
    Don't talk crap. It'll be a suspended £10k fine.