Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options
    I was never convinced by Kirchner, no way would the process have dragged on for so long under exclusivity, if he was a suitable buyer.
  • Options
    I was never convinced by Kirchner, no way would the process have dragged on for so long under exclusivity, if he was a suitable buyer.
    A quick check online would quickly show that he didn’t have the funds for this, unless there was some hidden wealth. His company, which was always raised as part of his profile, had about $8m in revenue. Either he’s fronting someone, or he was hoping to get more people onboard. All I’d say is that ten minutes checking the internet told me this wouldn’t happen, so I have to question what the administrators were looking at. 
  • Options
    If they only have 5 registered players and cant sign any with the new season starting soon surely they cant get a new owner over the line in time? What would happen if they cant field a side ? Are they allowed loan players?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If they only have 5 registered players and cant sign any with the new season starting soon surely they cant get a new owner over the line in time? What would happen if they cant field a side ? Are they allowed loan players?
    I would assume they are going to have to prove they have funds to complete next season, or they’ll be gone. If they can do that, they’ll be allowed to register players, but they’ll all be frees, no transfers, and loans. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I would assume they are going to have to prove they have funds to complete next season, or they’ll be gone. If they can do that, they’ll be allowed to register players, but they’ll all be frees, no transfers, and loans. 
    There will still be plenty of free agents out there, if they are allowed to sign players. Indeed it's possible that players might choose to wait to get an offer from Derby, rather than accepting an offer from another "smaller" club. After all that's what the likes of Gunter and Watson did when we were in limbo before TS completed his takeover
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Another club in a real state because of poor ownership and yet some on here still take sly digs at TS

Ever since I heard Wayne Rooney paid the players wages last month I have been wondering when this would all fall to shit - it seems its happening now.  Sad and worrying times for DCFC fans - they don't deserve this.  The shocking ownership deserves to really suffer here
    This is the real important point.  Not one single Derby fan would play the "poor ownership" card after this game.

https://youtu.be/_0BR1sriRRA

If they had won the next game no one ever would have.

Go and stick 100k on a 10/1 shot at Kempton Park, it wins your a hero.  It doesn't your f@#!$d.  That's what the championship is.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    Another club in a real state because of poor ownership and yet some on here still take sly digs at TS

Ever since I heard Wayne Rooney paid the players wages last month I have been wondering when this would all fall to shit - it seems its happening now.  Sad and worrying times for DCFC fans - they don't deserve this.  The shocking ownership deserves to really suffer here
    This is the real important point.  Not one single Derby fan would play the "poor ownership" card after this game.

https://youtu.be/_0BR1sriRRA

If they had won the next game no one ever would have.

Go and stick 100k on a 10/1 shot at Kempton Park, it wins your a hero.  It doesn't your f@#!$d.  That's what the championship is.
    i believe villa would have been in a worse state had they lost to Derby
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Villa were right on the edge , I don't think they would have got their current owners without promotion. They'd be stuck in some mess with Tony Xia still as owner. 
  • Options
    “You do that again and I’ll knock you out…”
  • Options

A deadline is not a deadline if you don't stick to it.

Who wants a bet that the deadline will still be around next week. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    The headline say that he has until 5pm on Friday to prove he has the funds.

Not the same as completing the deal at all. Using the good old house buying analogy (yes, it's back) you have to prove to your solicitor you have the funds to complete on a purchase weeks before you exchange. 

This will run & run......
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    The headline say that he has until 5pm on Friday to prove he has the funds.

Not the same as completing the deal at all. Using the good old house buying analogy (yes, it's back) you have to prove to your solicitor you have the funds to complete on a purchase weeks before you exchange. 

This will run & run......

Oh okay ,I misunderstood the article because I thought he'd exchanged contracts already and it was just a case of transfering funds now. Can't see this being one that is done in a week or so with any bidder. 
  • Options
    ...but our club is a mess because we took a week or so longer than we all hoped to announce a new manager.. swings and roundabouts!
  • Options
    Giving him another deadline seems futile, if he didn't have the money at the end of May, or this week, or yesterday then highly unlikely he's going to find it today.

But assuming he doesn't come through with it, what is Derby's deadline to find a new owner and prove they have the funds to get through the 22-23 season? By the time the fixtures are announced? By end of June?

Without an owner they obviously can't sign any players and whilst the EFL obviously won't want to see them disappear, they surely can't let this drag on too close to the first game of the season.
  • Options
    If this isnt sorted by the fixture draw can they even go in it ? Strong chance they wont have a squad to play fixtures surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does it say which Friday for the deadline ?
  • Options
    Does it say which Friday for the deadline ?
    It's today, but if not then next, and then the one after that. After all it is Derby we're talking about here, not Bury!
  • Options
    I said in February (page 28) that the choice of administrators seemed strange.  The only reason I could think of for their appointment was that they must have been cheap.  They appear to have been a very poor custodian of DCFC and have done the club no favours at all.
  • Options
    From memory didn’t Blackpool FC have similar problems around 2015?

Jose Riga was their manager, and 1 week before the season started they only had around 7-9 first team players.

As we all know they got through it, and are now a mid table Championship club.
  • Options
    I assume if Derby go bust there will be an uplift of teams throughout the pyramid which would mean Mansfield in our division and Solihull Moors in the fourth division.
    As I said above I certainly don’t want us to have two fixtures less.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I assume if Derby go bust there will be an uplift of teams throughout the pyramid which would mean Mansfield in our division and Solihull Moors in the fourth division.
    I'd be surprised if League One wasnt just 23-teams next season if Derby disappeared.

I know that was the case with Bury, but then the League season had already started before they went bust.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I'd be surprised if League One wasnt just 23-teams next season if Derby disappeared.

I know that was the case with Bury, but then the League season had already started before they went bust.
    i think If the fixtures have been done before they go bust, regardless of if any games have been played, we'd play with 23 teams
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think it leaves the league too open to issues from other clubs - do you put Northampton up instead as they finished 4th, give Gillingham a reprieve etc.

The other clubs may look to challenge it and make it a mess, easier to just have 23 teams.
  • Options
    Playing in a golf tournament and letting other people sort stuff out for you is very "Owner of the company", to be fair.

Albeit I'd suspect that's not what's happening here, and the takeover won't happen.