Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Aneke and stockley/ washington up front and i think we will have a chance.
  • Options
    Amos
    Mathews Inness Famewo Purrington 
    Millar Gilbey Foster.C Maatsen
       Stockley Chucks.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Amos
    Mathews Inness Famewo Purrington 
    Millar Gilbey Foster.C Maatsen
       Stockley Chucks.
    Agree with that, we have to go for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    we all know the score, unless we get the three tonight we are almost doomed to be in L1 next season and we are dependant then on Accy getting the three at Portsmouth next Sunday while we beat Hull .. goal difference could still play a part, but we'll need to do 2 'Plymouths' for that to be a factor .. unlikely but not impossible

CAFC 5 v Lincoln City 1 .. we hit blinding form BUT .. is it too late ?
  • Options
    Caution to the wind time now for Adkins .
    Two up top from the start with Aneke one of them . A nervous, tense game in prospect  , but I think we will just nick it 2-1 .
  • Options
    I really hope Aneke starts by the way. We have nothing to lose now, only one result is enough to have us any kind of chance. Just think Adkins will be back to the 4-3-3 and cautious of being overrun in midfield as Lincoln’s midfield are good.
  • Options
    0 2 Lincoln 
  • Options
    3-2
  • Options
    we all know the score, unless we get the three tonight we are almost doomed to be in L1 next season and we are dependant then on Accy getting the three at Portsmouth next Sunday while we beat Hull .. goal difference could still play a part, but we'll need to do 2 'Plymouths' for that to be a factor .. unlikely but not impossible

CAFC 5 v Lincoln City 1 .. we hit blinding form BUT .. is it too late ?
    The game is tomorrow night......

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    One nil down in the first 5, we have a perfectly good goal chalked off (60mins), equalise at 90+4, They score the winner after a goal mouth scramble 90+5. 
    Only way we get a result is if Lincoln are thinking about the playoffs and a worried about injuries.
    I think our lads are already on the beach!
  • Options
    Grumpy Addick, best comment on here so far.
    Agree with you 100%!
  • Options
    A game best watched from behind the sofa I think 
  • Options
    Perhaps the Cowleys have had the nous and awareness to get Pompey into the play offs, whereas Adkins has still to find his feet at CAFC .. his recent selections have been eccentric to put it mildly .. too late now BUT I feel the Cowleys would have been a far better bet for us IF they had either been approached or wanted the job
  • Options
    No point, IMHO, in anything other than playing only Charlton players for the remaining games.  We need to be looking at what we have, not worrying about other clubs' player development.

We don't have promotion in us, I think, we can't play consistently well for enough games.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Having watched us being given a lesson in how to play football by Crewe, only to select three centre-backs and two geriatrics for the crucial Accrington game I was content to snooze in the garden and miss what was guaranteed to be a turgid and frustrating borefest. 

What on earth has happened since the Plymouth and Posh performances when we were really impressive?

Why were Matthews and Purrington dropped when they have both been outstanding?

Why is Chuks kept on the bench when he always looks like scoring- what are we saving him for....Christmas?

Why is Pearce retained when Innis and Famweo are much better and both fit?

Why do we select loanees over our own young players like Morgan who we will need to use next season?

I just cant see any value in not even trying to win a game, not selecting our best players, or leaving out our own players at this stage of the season.  I certainly don't feel any obligation to watch it.   

To think some on here thought that Lee Bowyer was negative.

1-3 

Chuks to score a consolation goal after coming on in the 78th minute
    Pratley to be booked
    Watson to walk about aimlessly
    Maatsen to look lost and cut inside on his left foot everytime he receives the ball
    Pearce to engage in mud wrestling
    Millar to glide past players only fail to deliver one decent cross
    Stockley to bravely win 111 headers for no reason whatsoever

I think loanees should be banned really.
    That way clubs would have to use their own yoof or buy , get free transfers. 

That way it would stop the likes of Chelsea trying to harvest other people's yoof and then loaning them out. 

Perhaps a loan for a goalkeeper if injury strikes. 

Then again we used John Hewie and Steve Brown , both full backs and I don't  think they lost a game 8n goal between them.
    I have been saying this for YEARS .. half our 'first team' is all too often made up from loanees, and I suspect that many 'top clubs' insist on a minimum number of games for the players have had loaned out. I want our management to make their own decisions about who plays and not be dictated to by other clubs managers keen to keep their surplus players fit and in the shop window . Chelsea for example, make a lot of money from farming out the many many youngsters they sign up who have little chance of ever playing for their first team.
  • Options
    We'll get beaten I'm sure, not suddenly going to improve our home record now, just hope we get to see it if we score 
  • Options
    We all know the script when it comes to Charlton. Charlton thrash Lincoln 5-1. Hopes rise. We beat Hull with 10 men. Oxford self-destruct. Then, Pompey score at 90+8 to clinch the play-off spot. 
    I would take watching us fight and scrap and fail like men rather than whimper away like scared dogs.

Sadly I just can't see it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    comments from Appleton .. starts with a moan about the ref in their game V Posh .. https://youtu.be/rrEFyT9V-UA
  • Options
    I think tomorrow will be another poor performance in a 2-0 home loss.  
  • Options
    Meanwhile, Lincoln will be looking to be only the third team to do the double over us this season.

Without digging out your virtual programmes, or pulling up your search engines, who are the other two? :-)
    Posh and the mighty Burton Albion. 
  • Options
    Nice 0-4 hammering so I have no hope left would be great.

I've never been so ready for a season to finish 
  • Options
    Spot on grumpyaddick the back four has got to be matthews innis Famewo Purrington pratley Shinnie jf-c gilbey in midfield Aneke and Washington up top if no joy when the hours up bring stockley millar and Morgan on.you must play at least two upfront to occupy their two centre backs then their full backs would have to sweep around leaving big holes for us to exploit or one of their midfielders would have to drop back and pick up one of our forwards, then that would allow one of gilbey if-c or Shinnie to attack the box.sure when chucks or Washington break down or just knackered bring on stockley then you could bring on millar but play him on the right just to give a better service in to the front two then bring on Morgan for Shinnie as he’s bound to be shattered after lack of GAME TIME with that side I’d be very confident of 3 points. Anything different I’m afraid it’s another season of league 1.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    At the beginning of the season if you had told me that to get in the play offs we would just need to beat Crewe, Accrington Stanley and Lincoln I would have jumped for joy.

We always make things hard, however these are the sort of games we win to leave us fans clinging on to the last game before bottling it again.  Charlton to win 8-0.
  • Options
    Should play our Under 23s.
  • Options
    I'd try and have a go at them. The word TRY may be key but it is certainly better than not try like on Saturday.
                                                   Amos
                     Matthews      Inniss         Famewo       Maatson
                                                     JFC
                                        Shinnie           Gilbey
                                                   Millar (free role)
                                       Washington        Aneke