Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021 7pm

Comments

• Sounds like a good half of football.

For a team that has to win,  having no shots on target for the first 45 mins is rather baffling.
  • stonemuse said:
    this is absolute awful 
    You are being very polite, It is far worse than that.
  • This season has to be the worst I’ve ever seen in terms of chances created . 
    Every game is the same as the next. 
    Dull , dull , dull. 
  • Did Watson get a contract extension?
    Think Bowyer said that he had played enough games to trigger the extension of his contract by another year...........god help us.

For a team that has to win,  having no shots on target for the first 45 mins is rather baffling.
    We have a cunning plan...
  • edited May 2021
    Fuck me that was boring. 90% of them players need getting rid of. 
  • Watson is a disgrace. Has been shit since he's signed, been our worst player this season. 
  • Maatsen has been poor but in his defence I reckon he’d be alright in an attacking side with a solid, consistent CB pairing.

In the 2018/19 season he would’ve been a good option I feel. I think we’ve massively dented his confidence and growth now though.
  • With Stockley winning headers we have to bring Washington on for the second half.  Playing with Maatsen is like playing with only ten men. He is giving us nothing, again. Lots of good possession, especially at the back, but Watson is setting up his massive mistake, so let's bypass him when we can and use Morgan's more athletic passing ability. Millar can be dangerous so let's attack, and see what happens.  No point in going for the draw and seeing what might have been - we have to win! COYA!
  • Sponsored links:

• Watson playing injured? He has been a liability first half.
  • Let us bring on subs in 75th minute and see what happens  :)
  • Washington and Aneke.......  anyone. 
  • Good performance against a big team - still in with a chance. 
  • @sage did you hear how many minutes Aneke would be fit to play tonight as i have some paint that is drying that I need to check on.
  • Understatement of the Year contender from Pritch:

"It was disappointing"
  • Maatsen not having a good game, Millar trying to take on too many every time he gets the ball. It must be time for Chucks and Washington to come on and why oh why do we not have Shinnie on the bench with JFC going off? Oh well 45 mins to extend the season to Sunday!!
  • Anyone fancy a pint?
    Need about 10 to suffer this.
  • Our 2 CBs are playing well, but as an attacking force we've been toothless
  • Get Stockley and maatsen off for chuks and Washington. 442 with gilbey on the right.
  • Sponsored links:

• @sage did you hear how many minutes Aneke would be fit to play tonight as i have some paint that is drying that I need to check on.
    17 apparently.
  • Well, as it stands, we can't finish lower than 8th.

Whoop whoop.
  • cafc4life said:
    Why is our manager so persistent with this system when it’s clearly not working and hasn’t for weeks when you have 25+ goals on the bench ? Millar and Maatsen are total dogshit . 
    Because 25 + goals can only manage half hour each?

Best to keep them in reserve for when we need to chase the game. Well, of course.

Baffling? Allow me to solve the mystery, we’re shite.
  • edited May 2021
    HUGE clear out needed ASAP! 
    Build a team around a spine of innis and Gilbey, and implement a proper style of football.

nonexistent midfield , all rushing and not interested.
    desperately missing DJ, our season finished when he went of
  • edited May 2021
    How we doing lads ?

I see from the BBC that we haven't had a shot yet. 
    You are missing a treat. This is certainly one that will feature in the Charlton archives in years to come. 
    I recall a VHS video (as will many) 'One 'L' of a week' or was it?. I don't think Lincoln would have featured in that video. 
  • Feel so sorry for Stockley! Isolated! Watson is absolutely stealing a living! He hasn’t completed a pass! Take him off and put Shinnie on.....oh. 
  • Well, as it stands, we can't finish lower than 8th.

Whoop whoop.
    A great performance - I reckon we can get top 10 again next season.
  • Watson is fucking dog shit so slow
  • Anyone fancy a pint?

A pint of Rose?, I'm having one right now

Come on over B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!