Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thomas Funds

2»

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    I thought  Thomas said he put 2 hrs funding in up front as requested by EFL.  £21 Million squids. Plus buying the club and legal fees and one player purchase, Schwartz. 
    No, he didn’t put the funding in ‘up front’. He had to prove he had funding for two years (source and sufficiency), and I seem to recall he deposited a significant sum into an escrow account to cover the purchase transaction.

Ok thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Who says he hasn't already?
    Can we see it somewhere?.
    Yep just pop down to the bank & ask to see the glass case with TS's piles of cash
  • Options
    Is Thomas Funds correct?  Should we not say Thomas' funds or Thomases' funds?

(Asking for a friend). 
  • Options

Even with a Papal windfall.....
    Are we now being financed by the Vatican ? 
    The Pope’s sell on clause.
    I’ve heard he’s locked in talks with the Jehovah’s, but they only want him if he brings his mo-bile with him...
  • Options

(Asking for a friend). 
    I am that friend.

More interesting is the concept of hourly funding.  Presumably this could also apply to the players' contracts ... paid by the hour.

It might explain the Chuks situation.  And the proliferation of late goals and/or penalty misses. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought  Thomas said he put 2 hrs funding in up front as requested by EFL.  £21 Million squids. Plus buying the club and legal fees and one player purchase, Schwartz. 
    2hrs funding, that’s not going to last much past 120 minutes.
    I've heard that the next 2 hours will be critical

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Be interested to know airmans views but Bonne, Phillips; Doughty and Grant would have netted about c£6m.  Take off say £500k on transfers in.  Then you have solidarity payments, a small amount of commercial income from ValleyPass, shop etc and an extra Covid payment from the PL if i recall correctly.  Combine that with a low salary bill, much reduced costs for putting games on without fans I am guessing and maybe Covid rates relief of some sort and we might not be too far off breaking even.

hopefully TS also took the opportunity through the rent moratorium to have paid RD precisely no rent whatsoever under the lease obligations to date.
    If you look at the 2018/19 seasons accounts the key things are.

Income

Central payments 1.5 million, match day 4.1 million, commercial 1.3 million and other 0.8 million.  Total operating income £7.8 million. 

Player sales also accounted for 2.9 million.

Costs

Wages, including all staff, academy etc £10.4 million.  Total operating costs, including wages was £19.7 million.

Loss

Just over £10 million quid.

This seasons player sales probably cover the 18/19 play sales most of the lost match day revenue (remember that includes the play offs as well).

I can't see how you can get anywhere near break even? 
    Does anyone know exactly what the extra 9.3 million operating costs after wages actually were?

Does it include interest payments to the banks and/or  Roland? Do we still have to pay these.
  • Options
    Give us our club back Thomas. We need transparency! We are used to dashcam videos of our boardroom.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Be interested to know airmans views but Bonne, Phillips; Doughty and Grant would have netted about c£6m.  Take off say £500k on transfers in.  Then you have solidarity payments, a small amount of commercial income from ValleyPass, shop etc and an extra Covid payment from the PL if i recall correctly.  Combine that with a low salary bill, much reduced costs for putting games on without fans I am guessing and maybe Covid rates relief of some sort and we might not be too far off breaking even.

hopefully TS also took the opportunity through the rent moratorium to have paid RD precisely no rent whatsoever under the lease obligations to date.

Income

Central payments 1.5 million, match day 4.1 million, commercial 1.3 million and other 0.8 million.  Total operating income £7.8 million. 

Costs

Wages, including all staff, academy etc £10.4 million.  Total operating costs, including wages was £19.7 million.

Loss

This seasons player sales probably cover the 18/19 play sales most of the lost match day revenue (remember that includes the play offs as well).

Does anyone know exactly what the extra 9.3 million operating costs after wages actually were?

Does it include interest payments to the banks and/or  Roland? Do we still have to pay these.
    I don't know exactly, but I could hazard a guess that in addition to utilities (gas, electricity, water) and business rates for both The Valley and Sparrows Lane, there would be quite a hefty maintenance bill, including relaying the pitch at The Valley.  There would be insurance costs, and maybe an annual structural survey of the stadium.  

Knowing Roland, I expect he would also have included the Sparrows Lane improvements done that year, sticking that onto the accumulating Staprix debt.

Then there are additional team-related costs such as travel to away games, overnight stays, kit & equipment purchase and maintenance, cost of residential summer training week.  There are also, presumably, non-wage costs associated with running the Academy (was that the year Roland stopped providing bottled water?)

Whether or not Roland had a rolling program for replacement of essential admin equipment such as office computers is questionable.  

I'm sure others could add to this list!
  • Options

(Asking for a friend). 
    It should be Thomas's funds - which incidentally are stashed in Tidmouth Sheds.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Income

Costs

Loss

I don't know exactly, but I could hazard a guess that in addition to utilities (gas, electricity, water) and business rates for both The Valley and Sparrows Lane, there would be quite a hefty maintenance bill, including relaying the pitch at The Valley.  There would be insurance costs, and maybe an annual structural survey of the stadium.  

Knowing Roland, I expect he would also have included the Sparrows Lane improvements done that year, sticking that onto the accumulating Staprix debt.

Then there are additional team-related costs such as travel to away games, overnight stays, kit & equipment purchase and maintenance, cost of residential summer training week.  There are also, presumably, non-wage costs associated with running the Academy (was that the year Roland stopped providing bottled water?)

Whether or not Roland had a rolling program for replacement of essential admin equipment such as office computers is questionable.  

Still seems a hell of a lot to me.  Two hundred thousand pounds each and every week! No regular spending seems to come close to that.

Overnight stays may be expensive for 20 players but even at £1000 per player that's still only £20,000 every fortnight and just a dent in that week's £200,000.

Obviously we are paying over £1 million per year to rent the valley from Roland but even that only works at around £25,000 per week.

You can buy a hell of lot of laptops for 9 million quid!

• Options
    edited May 2021

(Asking for a friend). 
    Thomas' or Thomas's are technically both correct, although the former is sufficient to indicate possession. Not Thomases' - unless it is possessed by more than one Thomas.

I'll get me coat.   
  • Options
    I'm not sure you can read too much into the filed accounts. Obviously they would be true and accurate but as is the way with such things accounts can be made to show many different pictures depending on what the company is looking to achieve
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Income

Costs

Loss

Still seems a hell of a lot to me.  Two hundred thousand pounds each and every week! No regular spending seems to come close to that.

Overnight stays may be expensive for 20 players but even at £1000 per player that's still only £20,000 every fortnight and just a dent in that week's £200,000.

Obviously we are paying over £1 million per year to rent the valley from Roland but even that only works at around £25,000 per week.

You can buy a hell of lot of laptops for 9 million quid!

It's quite hard to break down to specifics.  There is 300k on training ground improvements, 67k in staff restructuring, just short of a million in loan repayments, a couple of million in depreciation and amortisation.

So in truth some of it is a paper loss. But that's an actual loss in value of Sarr, BFG, Igor etc for who we paid a fee.  Worth a mention that the playing squad was valued at under £1 million at the end of the year, at least I think that's what it says.  It's quite hard reading a 30 page PDF on my phone. 
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Income

Costs

Loss

It would be right and proper to include that as an expense in the accounts.  He could have put equity, not debt, in to cover it however. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Interest charges have been succeeded by much increased rent payments to Roland. 

I’ve made the point before that at times even if the players had played for free under Roland the club would still have made a loss. 
  • Options
    Who says he hasn't already?
    Can we see it somewhere?.
    Are you Doubting Thomas by any chance ?