Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    That is a great article
  • Options
    Great article. Love CP.
  • Options
    Excellent article. Just proves what we all thought all along. 
  • Options
    Brilliant article. However, the following:

The iconic image of Powell jumping out of the tunnel wearing just socks, shorts, and the head of the mascot-dog Floyd, came after the final game of the 2007-08 season against Coventry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was at the end of the 03/04 season. The picture below which shows the joyous occasion has him wearing the first Joma home shorts, and he is wearing number 3. In his 3rd spell with us in 07/08 he was number 15.

• Options
    Great article about one of the finest figures in modern football.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross said:

The iconic image of Powell jumping out of the tunnel wearing just socks, shorts, and the head of the mascot-dog Floyd, came after the final game of the 2007-08 season against Coventry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was at the end of the 03/04 season. The picture below which shows the joyous occasion has him wearing the first Joma home shorts, and he is wearing number 3. In his 3rd spell with us in 07/08 he was number 15.

I'm sure @ForeverAddickted can put us right on what year it was - he can compare this picture to his nursery school photos ...

;)
  • Options
    Great article and have so much love for SCP. Unbelievable the shit he and our managers have had to deal with over the years under a succession of awful owners.

Would be great to see that kind of recruitment Powell had replicated this season if, as is likely, we don't go up.
  • Options
    Love that man 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Finished 9th in the championship. That alone, was a big accomplishment at the time.
    And only 3 points from the play offs.
  • Options
    Ross said:

I'm sure @ForeverAddickted can put us right on what year it was - he can compare this picture to his nursery school photos ...

;)
    Yes this was at the end of the 03/04 season. Last season he wore no.3 for us.

He wore 22 in 2005/06 and 15 in 2007/08.
  • Options
    The consummate professional footballer, coach and manager. 

Pleased he's still being recognised as such, with top jobs at Spurs and the England set up.  The only three people on this planet who couldn't see it were - Roland, Katrien and the kid with the computer whose name escapes me ... and that can only be a good thing.
    Tommy Dreisen…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm pretty sure that Peeters was always going to be our manager the next season whatever happened with Powell. Duchatelet bought us to fit in with an idea of his, without any understanding of what was possible from where we were and what we were. We could have been one of any number of clubs.
  • Options
    Read that and  I get all emotional , the anger that stirs in me for that wrinkled old scrotum,  douchebag,  knows no bounds , cucking funt when i bump in to him in hell i'm 100% making sure he's the inside of my toilet and I'm gonna splatter my shit over his face for eternity , prick 
    He might have ended up in heaven based on the documentaries I've seen about the fetish/bondage habits of wealthy businessmen...
  • Options
    What could have been. Legend is Powell.
  • Options
    Read that and  I get all emotional , the anger that stirs in me for that wrinkled old scrotum,  douchebag,  knows no bounds , cucking funt when i bump in to him in hell i'm 100% making sure he's the inside of my toilet and I'm gonna splatter my shit over his face for eternity , prick 
    You won’t see him. He’s an absentee landlord