Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell opens up on “horrible chapter in the history of Charlton,” - Bromley Addicks via Benjy Nurick

2»

Comments

• Options
    Read that and  I get all emotional , the anger that stirs in me for that wrinkled old scrotum,  douchebag,  knows no bounds , cucking funt when i bump in to him in hell i'm 100% making sure he's the inside of my toilet and I'm gonna splatter my shit over his face for eternity , prick 
    That would be the least he deserves.
  • Options
    Can’t believe I gave up my season ticket because of that Wally.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Brilliant article. However, the following:

The iconic image of Powell jumping out of the tunnel wearing just socks, shorts, and the head of the mascot-dog Floyd, came after the final game of the 2007-08 season against Coventry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was at the end of the 03/04 season. The picture below which shows the joyous occasion has him wearing the first Joma home shorts, and he is wearing number 3. In his 3rd spell with us in 07/08 he was number 15.

I spotted that too. I'm in that photo sitting in my original season ticket seat. By 07/08 I didn't have a season ticket and was going game by game and sitting in the covered end. Had to be earlier.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Uboat said:
    I’m really glad that SCP can laugh about it, because reading that really brings back my old hatred for Roland. 
    Agree. The bloke took a progressing team on an upward curve with momentum - and completely and needlessly dismantled it, setting the club back years. 
    The sale of Yann in particular still makes me feel both sick and livid. 
    And then introduced fan sofas, sex on the pitch and house music. 
    The awful shithouses. 
    Like Moneyball but in reverse! Instead of a team on a downward spiral and reversing it, they managed to do the opposite!

God only knows what he was thinking!
  • Options
    A small investment when he took over and the right people in charge and we would have made play offs and quite possibly been in PL.  Instead he dismantled it, and ended up making a huge investment - his mistake - which the club are now paying for through his continued ownership of our assets. 
  • Options
    I'd thought I had put the Roland years behind me and moved on.

Apparently I haven't. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yesterday, I looked up 'Legen' in an on-line dictionary.  There was no definition, just a picture of Christopher George Robin Powell.
  • Options
    Great write up of what was clearly an excellent evening.

I hate Duchatelet with a passion and if I ever get a chance to metaphorically kick him in the bollocks again I'll take it.

Equally, I'll always have the greatest respect, admiration and affection for Chrissie Powell.

But I also think that Nigel Adkins is a very good manager and, if he gets the right backing from TS, could become another icon for us. 
  • Options
    Some people said we were wrong the way we went about things against Roland and Katrien Well reading what Powell has written about them I am happy with what was done against them.  

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Uboat said:
    I’m really glad that SCP can laugh about it, because reading that really brings back my old hatred for Roland. 
    Just booked a week at the Hotel Stayen for old times sake.
    Ah, I miss that place it was disappointing I always found myself busy at weekends and had to cancel. Still got some loyalty points from trip advisor and one follower so all is good. 
  • Options
    Powell is an absolute Charlton Legend. And Duchatelet is the Worlds biggest tool
    Get yr facts right, honestly 🤷‍♂️