Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Would be a good signing, LB cover and CB cover if needed. 
  • TomNight said:
    Just tested positive for Covid. Fucking devastated. 

Anyone want a ticket? Covered End Block L.... 
    Gutted for you.
  • bobmunro said:
    Mungo Olayipo Oladapo Erogbogbo Bridge if you don't mind.
    How is that pronounced?
    Bridge like Fridge.
  • MUNGO BRIDGE 
    Son of Wayne?
  • Mungo Olayipo Oladapo Erogbogbo Bridge if you don't mind.
    There's a few Bob in shirt lettering there........
  • Mungo is avalible for loan, was expected to be around the first team squad but has been pegged back a couple of places by 2 younger center backs.

LCB cum make shift LB would be a surprising choice of a loan IMO 
  • MUNGO BRIDGE 
    I preferred Mary, Mungo and Midge
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Mungo is avalible for loan, was expected to be around the first team squad but has been pegged back a couple of places by 2 younger center backs.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised too , would have thought Famewo and Pearce had that covered. 
  • MUNGO BRIDGE 
    That someone you like or have heard we're in for? Never heard of him before, but just read a writeup, he sounds good 
  • Sponsored links:

• MUNGO BRIDGE 
    An actual rumour! What the hell is going on?
  • Bridge is 6' 1" and from Hackney

Played on FA cup game v Liverpool at 21 years of age.

Transfer market suggests he can player on either side as a CB and at LB.

And he has dreads so @shine166 will be happy

Seems the right age for a loan to get some game time.

No idea if this is true or a wind-up but it's a rumour

• If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

Please don't  say there is plenty of time and everyone is in the same boat because that boat is a dinghy and tgatvmantra has been said for the near 4 weeks since the last signing. It should have managed better than recruitment have managed really. 
    Do we really want Gomes though? Doncaster and Pompey didn't want him.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Mungo is avalible for loan, was expected to be around the first team squad but has been pegged back a couple of places by 2 younger center backs.

I did agree but after thinking, maybe not. Adkins could well fancy Purrington to be first choice and then have Bridge, Roddy and Oguntayo as cover. Pearce rarely playing, 5th choice CB and good experience to have around the squad. Alternatively, Famewo has played on the right so Bridge plays on the left next to either Inniss or Famewo with Pearce as 4th, and a LB still incoming. 
  • not signing Gomes could be positive - someone better must be close
    Has Gomes departed ?
  • If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

Please don't  say there is plenty of time and everyone is in the same boat because that boat is a dinghy and tgatvmantra has been said for the near 4 weeks since the last signing. It should have managed better than recruitment have managed really. 
    Do we really want Gomes though? Doncaster and Pompey didn't want him.
    Depends what you want him for and what he is happy to sign.  Do you want him because JFC is out until Christmas, Gilbey isn't back in training yet and Watson is a couple of weeks behind?  Or do you want his a first team starter?

I would take him as the later on a short term contract with the insentive of earning a longer one.

It also depends what else it's at the expense of. 
  • PWADDICK said:

In the words of Fabrizio Romano… Here we go!

So, let's just sit back and wait for the "signs for Ipswich/Peterborough/Wigan" or whoever it turns out to be, been there so many times already, but we can but hope..

Or maybe they just didn't want to sign him? Adkins isn't the type to just bring in anyone just to fill a space in the squad. He wants players that fit into HIS team and I don't think he's likely to compromise - pretty sure he'd rather just play academy players than sign people he isn't 100% on. 

Touch of the Benjamin Button about him?
  • Sponsored links:

• MUNGO BRIDGE 
    Excuse my lisp, but would he be the Firth or Forth Bridge to play for Charlton?

• edited August 2021
    If they can't seal with Gomes contract or not by now it shows they are fiddling around not knowing who they really want or missing out on everyone for what ever reason.  

Or they might prefer other targets and waiting to hear back before settling on Gomes?
    Not everything needs to be a dig at the club like "Not knowing what they really want" They more than likely know exactly who they want and are waiting to hear back on offers made.
    Re recruitment should have been managed better... it is posted everywhere in this chat the data from League one as well as other leagues the complete lack of activity. We have made good signings, would I have liked more? Yes, but I am sure that's the case with fans of most of football league clubs.

Dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.
  • I've seen that tweet re Charlie Kirk, excuse my old age ignorance what does "Air if you're coming to Charlton" mean?
    Is he confirming he is?
    Also when did we let Gomes go?

Are 
  • I've seen that tweet re Charlie Kirk, excuse my old age ignorance what does "Air if you're coming to Charlton" mean?
    Is he confirming he is?

Air is slang for ignore. Where it says seen and it indicates he's ignored it but it doesn't mean anything its more a tongue in cheek comment
    Is he confirming he is?

Air means to read a message and not reply, which is what Kirk did in that tweet. I highly doubt that is him confirming he is coming to us however.
    Is he confirming he is?

It means ignore / don't reply if you're coming to Charlton. A highly sophisticated technique to extract information I must say.

Bridge and Shine to be our central defence this season. 
    Fact.
    Is he confirming he is?

I think it was a bit of a joke ie don’t reply if you are coming to charlton.

No confirmation either way re Gomes, but if they are going to sign him you would have thought they would have done it by now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!