Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans in football grounds 21/22 Season

13»

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Ross said:
    shine166 said:
    Ross said:
    shine166 said:
    bobmunro said:
    shine166 said:
    I sometimes wonder if there's a % of people that will never be happy to return to normality.. or on what term can we start loving again.
    I think the general message yesterday about moving to individual responsibility based on personal circumstances and away from government mandate is about right. If people choose to avoid things like crowds at football matches then that's fine - just as long as that small percentage who want to remain in sealed bubbles don't start accusing those who choose to go as being irresponsible.

If things change and there's an increase in hospitalisations and deaths then it might need further government intervention, but the chances of that happening are thankfully receding.

Life has to go on - lockdown isn't living.     
    Nail on the head, add to that.. that we'll probably  still need a negative test for entry and we are good to go. 
    It will be interesting if that is the case, seeing as thousands of people will be able to be in close proximity every day at Bluewater, Lakeside etc. without the need for a negative test.
    Couldn't care any less what goes on at bluewater, if a negative test gets me into crossbars for 3 hours before the game and then in my seat for 90 mins then I'm all over it. If anything it's a sensible approach, cant see why anyone would be against it.
    I guess the question is, what makes Crossbars any different to any pub up and down the country? (assuming that you don't need a negative test to get into one of them).
    Crossbars is an extention of the ground. I guess the main issue is the amount of people, I know weatherspoons gets busy.. but its not upto 28000 people all in one space for 2 hours. 

I'm 99% certain that some music festivals will happen with a 'covid passport', cant see why football will be different.
    Fair point. I wonder that the differences will be for entry to football stadia will be. Somewhere like The Valley, Old Trafford etc. although outside are very enclosed, whereas a lot of lower league stadia are very exposed without covered concourses.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Don't go then and leave the rest of us who are prepared to take the minute risk more room.
    If you were referring to me explain why you made the comment.  I was surprising what will be the reality simply because having screwed shut downs twice the government won't want to do it again. 
    I went in September on the 19th. It seemed quite safe and in the pubs we went to. However it was after this game someone noticed the virus was on the rise. That ended attendance to fixtures until December 2nd.  After this one there have been no attendance fixtures to date. The reason was the virus was despite Boris's denials, on the rise even more. 
    I think your remark a go at me for the sake of it and without  due consideration of the circumstances before. I have explained  them to you.
    It was and I don't have to explain to you what I mean because you clearly understand. 

Do what you want, but don't try to prevent me from doing what I want because of your prejudices.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    shine166 said:
    Ross said:
    shine166 said:
    Ross said:
    shine166 said:
    bobmunro said:
    shine166 said:
    I sometimes wonder if there's a % of people that will never be happy to return to normality.. or on what term can we start loving again.
    I think the general message yesterday about moving to individual responsibility based on personal circumstances and away from government mandate is about right. If people choose to avoid things like crowds at football matches then that's fine - just as long as that small percentage who want to remain in sealed bubbles don't start accusing those who choose to go as being irresponsible.

If things change and there's an increase in hospitalisations and deaths then it might need further government intervention, but the chances of that happening are thankfully receding.

Life has to go on - lockdown isn't living.     
    Nail on the head, add to that.. that we'll probably  still need a negative test for entry and we are good to go. 
    It will be interesting if that is the case, seeing as thousands of people will be able to be in close proximity every day at Bluewater, Lakeside etc. without the need for a negative test.
    Couldn't care any less what goes on at bluewater, if a negative test gets me into crossbars for 3 hours before the game and then in my seat for 90 mins then I'm all over it. If anything it's a sensible approach, cant see why anyone would be against it.
    I guess the question is, what makes Crossbars any different to any pub up and down the country? (assuming that you don't need a negative test to get into one of them).
    Crossbars is an extention of the ground. I guess the main issue is the amount of people, I know weatherspoons gets busy.. but its not upto 28000 people all in one space for 2 hours. 

I'm 99% certain that some music festivals will happen with a 'covid passport', cant see why football will be different.
    Fair point. I wonder that the differences will be for entry to football stadia will be. Somewhere like The Valley, Old Trafford etc. although outside are very enclosed, whereas a lot of lower league stadia are very exposed without covered concourses.
    The Curbs and Jimmy Seed concourses and turnstiles are outside, so quite healthy in terms of Covid. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    So you're no different from 90% of the population.  We've all suffered to some degree.

Now do what you want but leave the rest of us to do what we want legally.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Addickted said:
    Don't go then and leave the rest of us who are prepared to take the minute risk more room.
    If you were referring to me explain why you made the comment.  I was surprising what will be the reality simply because having screwed shut downs twice the government won't want to do it again. 
    I went in September on the 19th. It seemed quite safe and in the pubs we went to. However it was after this game someone noticed the virus was on the rise. That ended attendance to fixtures until December 2nd.  After this one there have been no attendance fixtures to date. The reason was the virus was despite Boris's denials, on the rise even more. 
    I think your remark a go at me for the sake of it and without  due consideration of the circumstances before. I have explained  them to you.
    Perhaps his remark was aimed at you because he's fed up with people like you with such irrational fear who want to continue to deny us to live our lives.

You cannot compare pre-vaccine days with the present situation. 

@Addicted has been very nice about it considering that we've had to pander to those with this phobia for so long. Perhaps he, like myself, has been relatively quiet due to the danger of variants but now this danger has passed I think you should expect greater resistance to your anti-freedom stance. 

Dear Melrose,

Try reading again what I wrote and then your ill informed reply.
     Last season I bought  a season ticket despite the virus and despite the possibility of the club folding. That money incidentally helped keep the club going when other 'debout addicks' shied away.

I went to the first game I could when things were by no means normal or anything  like normal.

I didn't go to the 2nd game as I didn't  fancy sitting  in the freezing cold for over 90 minutes before ko or 30 minutes after especially as the virus was clearly on th rise again, being an OAP.

Let's me tell you this . I want my final years to be as normal as possible . I had two new grandchildren last year who I have hardly seen. One of my daughters,  her husband and her daughter of 6 all had Covid. They have been following the rules but he works in the construction industry. 

My wife and I saw nobody over Christmas because  we knew that Christmas Dinners would spread the virus rapidly. It did just that !

Staying save dies not mean I don't want to return to normal or near to it. It means I want to be around to enjoy in this order, my grandchildren,  the company of my wife and friends, CAFC, more holidays etc.
    If you paid by credit card I would guess it stayed firmly in the card handler’s bank rather than supporting the club’s cash flow. 
  • Options
    Get the feeling he would have paid with Postal Orders.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Addickted said:
    Perhaps his remark was aimed at you because he's fed up with people like you with such irrational fear who want to continue to deny us to live our lives.

You cannot compare pre-vaccine days with the present situation. 

@Addicted has been very nice about it considering that we've had to pander to those with this phobia for so long. Perhaps he, like myself, has been relatively quiet due to the danger of variants but now this danger has passed I think you should expect greater resistance to your anti-freedom stance. 

Dear Melrose,

Try reading again what I wrote and then your ill informed reply.
     Last season I bought  a season ticket despite the virus and despite the possibility of the club folding. That money incidentally helped keep the club going when other 'debout addicks' shied away.

I went to the first game I could when things were by no means normal or anything  like normal.

I didn't go to the 2nd game as I didn't  fancy sitting  in the freezing cold for over 90 minutes before ko or 30 minutes after especially as the virus was clearly on th rise again, being an OAP.

Let's me tell you this . I want my final years to be as normal as possible . I had two new grandchildren last year who I have hardly seen. One of my daughters,  her husband and her daughter of 6 all had Covid. They have been following the rules but he works in the construction industry. 

My wife and I saw nobody over Christmas because  we knew that Christmas Dinners would spread the virus rapidly. It did just that !

Staying save dies not mean I don't want to return to normal or near to it. It means I want to be around to enjoy in this order, my grandchildren,  the company of my wife and friends, CAFC, more holidays etc.
    To get accurately back to the point: the vaccination programme is powering ahead and it will more than enable herd immunity. All this against a disease where only 0.5% of infections lead to death and hence whose victims have an average age of 82. 

Thank-you for stating that you know of three people who've had it and have survived, further supporting my argument. I hear things on the BBC like The Prime Minister's absurd declaration permitting cuddles between family members and it gives me the impression that people in the UK are going through some kind of post traumatic stress disorder.

Another current theme in the UK is mental health and my opinion is that people on your side of the fence are exacerbating this problem. If you want your grandchildren to lead a happy, normal life then you shouldn't be using arguments that are going to push us down a path where every small risk becomes blown-up into a major crisis in which we all have to stay home and save old lives to destroy young ones. This is not being over-dramatic. The youth have paid a far higher price through all this than us older generations. Maybe amongst all this new obsession of hospital statistics people should look at suicide rates. Then look at how many operations have been cancelled. Look at how many cancer treatments have been delayed - an illness that kills more people annually than Covid19 (https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics-for-the-uk). There will also be even more economic hardship amongst the youth.   

As for younger children of which I have three I have found the restrictions to be absolute nonsense. I don't believe in the inhumane way we are asked to treat them and if my approach means taking them out to lead a happy life to places where I have a risk of catching something directly, or indirectly from them, then so be it.