Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Police officer Sgt Lee Cocking 'forced' into car sex while on duty

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lucky it wasn't a nutter trying to kill him. If he can't fight off a drunk woman, he needs sacking or more training. 
  • Options
    Bootycam
  • Options
    If she was so drunk that she was incapable we are effectively talking about rape.  Even if that is being disputed that it is taken as an opportunity for laddish jokes is a bit disappointing tbh.
    If someone is that drunk then (legally)  consent is not able to be given. So yes, it is rape.
  • Options
    If she was so drunk that she was incapable we are effectively talking about rape.  Even if that is being disputed that it is taken as an opportunity for laddish jokes is a bit disappointing tbh.
    If someone is that drunk then (legally)  consent is not able to be given. So yes, it is rape.
    Apparently not, as he's been found not guilty.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/19/lee-cocking-cop-cleared-of-car-sex-with-drunk-woman-while-on-duty-14608060/
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/19/lee-cocking-cop-cleared-of-car-sex-with-drunk-woman-while-on-duty-14608060/
    Sorry to be all serious and that, but this case raises all sorts of questions and some of them are troubling.

Did the woman sexually assault him? Presumably that isn’t assumed to be so as the case was about whether he assaulted her? So is the woman now being charged for sexual assault? Or is it just considered a closed case now? If she did assault him, will she face any charges? He certainly seems to have been badly affected by it.

Moving forward, will this affect how likely some women are to report genuine sexual assaults? Also, will it affect how likely some women are to falsely accuse men of sexual assault?

I don’t have any of these answers, sorry.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Sorry to be all serious and that, but this case raises all sorts of questions and some of them are troubling.

Did the woman sexually assault him? Presumably that isn’t assumed to be so as the case was about whether he assaulted her? So is the woman now being charged for sexual assault? Or is it just considered a closed case now? If she did assault him, will she face any charges? He certainly seems to have been badly affected by it.

Moving forward, will this affect how likely some women are to report genuine sexual assaults? Also, will it affect how likely some women are to falsely accuse men of sexual assault?

From reading the article I would presume he could bring charges against her if he so desired. It certainly seems more ambiguous than the initial version would have suggested. The story as told in this article (and crucially the one the court believe) seems to have the woman as the initiator/aggressor. Is this case or not, who knows?

Ultimately I have no more answers than you do.
  • Options
    This is a serious point obviously as if the lady concerned has forced herself on the guy then she should be charged. Although I personally find it very hard to understand how a bloke can be in effect raped. I'm not sure how that would work I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be much good to a woman if I wasnt errr involved if you see what I mean
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

To be honest I think it's likely that if there's enough reasonable doubt that he wasn't guilty  they'll be enough the other way too.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    AndyG said:
    This is a serious point obviously as if the lady concerned has forced herself on the guy then she should be charged. Although I personally find it very hard to understand how a bloke can be in effect raped. I'm not sure how that would work I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be much good to a woman if I wasnt errr involved if you see what I mean
    The guy said his reaction was caused by panic, fear of the consequences of being in the situation and freezing up. 
    The woman, according to him, eventually “gave up” because he wasn’t physically aroused. So it was “partial penetration” suggesting an attempt to penetrate with a flaccid penis. Hence the original charge was “rape” as it involved “penetration” with a penis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    AndyG said:
    To get straight to the point, I think he was in the same position as you describe.

The article suggests that she fondled him in an attempt to get him aroused, this failed because he wasn't playing an active role, she tried to insert his flacid penis into her vagina, and "partial penetration" was achieved without his consent. 

I never thought I'd write that on Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Mate if I could achieve "partial penetration" in that state I would be well impressed personally speaking 🤭🤭🤭
  • Options
    This whole thing makes me a bit uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    It should, honestly.