Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would you buy a 25 year season ticket?

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2021/may/25-year-season-tickets-explained/

Not at Wimbledon obviously and you can leave it in your will.

Interesting concept from a fan owned club who need to service the debt on their new stadium very soon and so are willing to cannibalise their future income to clear the debt now.

A £400 covered end ST would be £10k but in 2046 a pint will cost £140

Comments

• Options
    Half our fanbase will probably expire before the season ticket  ;)
    Half!  I wouldn't mind betting it'll be a lot more than that! And as for leaving it in your will...would you really want to condemn someone to the torture...
  • Options
    Only 25 years?
  • Options
    Not after reading that I wouldn't, lots of ifs a buts.

I think on balance I would rather pay extra or make a donation, buy a share or give the money some other way. 
  • Options
    Of course, could I pay it back yearly over 25 years?
  • Options
    Of course, could I pay it back yearly over 25 years?
    But only on the proviso that it was paid back per games won. It should only cost about £800 for the 25 years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a really interesting scheme, not sure i've heard of something like that before. 500 doesn't even seem like THAT many, would be interesting how many they will sell. If I had 10k that I could afford to spend on a 25 year ticket, not sure that I would as surely life will get in the way. If you were in a more stable position, seems like a smart investment, especially as you will end up spending a lot more money on tickets in the future
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Yes absolutely. 

At 33, I see no reason why I wouldn’t want to still be going regularly when in my 50s. 

And I like the fact that the club has been transparent enough to specify exactly where the money will be going, and why it’s important. 

That’s my heart speaking.

But my head tells me that I would only hand that sort of money over if I knew the club was in good hands, and with a reputable owner.

In Charlton’s current case - yes, I would sign up for it.
    I’m around the same age but it feels too much like tempting fate. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I would go for that! I am 64, 25yr makes me 89! I need something to rile against at that age! Plus i could swear and smell of piss without being thought odd.
  • Options
    25 years would take me upto 77 years of watching Charlton.

I must be eligible for parole before then surely?
  • Options
    Might be tempted but it's not a good thing for a club to do, sell and spend all your future income day one.
  • Options
    Possibly - but a five or ten year alternative would be better and more realistic.

I wouldn't bequeath it to my kids though but to the Upbeats.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I detest Wimbledon.
    i did laugh at that but why the hatred to such a nothing side? 
  • Options
    Your kids are lucky, my son who was 12 at the time filed in the form to be the recipient for mine if I died before the 40 years were up, not sure how he feels about that now. Only gotta live for another 19 years and he’s saved. 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If they could guarantee I’ll live long enough to see it out then I would pay serious wedge for one!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    If they could guarantee I’ll live long enough to see it out then I would pay serious wedge for one!
    Word for word what I was going to post.
  • Options
    I would 
  • Options

Will you use all of the LTST money to repay the external loan?

The club does need some flexibility and buffer in how it manages its cashflow over the next season, but yes, money raised from this will predominantly go to repaying the external loan.

Sneaky. Yes it will, but no it won't.  

• Options
    My god no, I’ve seen enough shit.
  • Options
    Would the 25yr ticket include first class private medical insurance to maximise my chances of keeping me fit enough to continue going to The Valley until I receive my 100th birthday card from King George 7th?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    PopIcon said:
    I detest Wimbledon.
    i did laugh at that but why the hatred to such a nothing side? 
    About eight or nine years ago, I started making a film about Wimbledon. I was looking for a project and being a Charlton supporter, their foray resonated somewhat.
    As we explored their story, we discovered that a lot of the fans were self-righteous pricks. They were coming cap in hand, and blaming everything on everyone else.
  • Options
    Interesting investment.
    If junior has Jeremy Bamber tendencies, simply inform him/ her they will get the ticket and ensure you have a long and happy life.
  • Options
    I'll be amazed if 100 people bought into this.  I'd think they'd get a better return if a scheme was done in blocks of five years.