Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would you buy a 25 year season ticket?

2»

Comments

• Options
    "200 sales  would let us repay a substantial part of the loan and 500 would be an incredible result, allowing us to repay it in full."

500 is a bit of an ambitious target considering Wimbledon probably have about 4k regular match going fans. 
  • Options
    wouldn't buy a 25 year ST - who knows what will happen in that time.

would purchase a 5 year one though
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Yes, i might not survive that long but would leave it in my will.
    A 5/10 year season ticket may be a better option for a lot more people, something i think CAFC should consider.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Yes, i might not survive that long but would leave it my will.
    A 5/10 year season ticket may be a better option for a lot more people, something i think CAFC should consider.
    I cant see any benefit to the Club doing this now we have an owner with money. 
  • Options
    To the opening Q, no. 

And id be very concerned about short-termism if any owner reintroduced any form of longer term commitment to us again 
  • Options
    To the opening Q, no. 

And id be very concerned about short-termism if any owner reintroduced any form of longer term commitment to us again 
    Sun starts shining and people want a 10 Yr ST with the dream of subsidised Premier league tickets. Not a single fan would have even considered it 2 years ago. 
  • Options
    To the opening Q, no. 

That's a great point I hadn't even considered.

Imagine Southall doing something similar - 25 year ST for £10k. 100 people take the offer up and he walks away a week later with a cool £1m.
  • Options
    To the opening Q, no. 

Agree with this, there's really no need given we now have a decent owner.
  • Options
    Wimbledon have unique circumstances, in that they wanted to build a new ground in London while still remaining fan owned, which was never going to work. They ended up taking some outside investment, but still are largely fan owned, and with loans to pay off

It's one of the reason I've always been a bit sceptical of fan owned clubs at a higher level, unless someone else like the council is responsible for the stadium, as ground improvement works are so expensive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To the opening Q, no. 

Agree with this, there's really no need given we now have a decent owner.
    And would be an even more concerning idea if we didn’t have a decent owner.
  • Options
    We did this for the north stand/covered end development in about 2000, north stand patrons paid £25k I think for 25 year season ticket and hospitality 
  • Options
    Image sitting next to a miserable prick for 25 years, I'll say it, like me 🤪
  • Options
    No. 
  • Options
    I would love to, but, at nearly 76, that may be a bit hopeful
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Interesting concept. 

Regarding the article, as someone who has worked in finance their whole career (not the finance industry, as a finance manager within companies), bridging loans are a terrifying concept and are often the last roll of the dice... I really worry about Wimbledon and their security having read that. 

I hope everything goes well for them but I would gamble they will be in administration (or "saved" from administration by a new owner) within 3 years. 
  • Options
    When the Welsh Rugby Union refurbished Cardiff Arms Park in the late 60s, They issued 50 year debentures which didn’t even get you the ticket for Wales games - it just bought you the right to buy a ticket. My dad was 50 at the time and he bought two at £50 each. They have literally just run out (you got a couple of extra years when they were converting to the Millennium Stadium). 

Clever thing is they were legally interest free loans. And yes my sister and I did inherit one each - and are looking forward to getting the £100 to spend between us! 

People will respond to imaginative ways to help a cause they rate raise up front funds for big projects! 
  • Options
    MCC raised £25.6 million last year from a life membership scheme. The younger you were the more it cost. I am 73 and bought one, will break even if I get to the ripe old age of 82.