Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

15th May 2005

Today, 16 years we relegated the palice buggers.

What a fantastic day.  If I live another 30 years I am certain this will be in my top five games watching Charlton.

Comments

• Today, 16 years we relegated the palice buggers.

What a fantastic day.  If I live another 30 years I am certain this will be in my top five games watching Charlton.
    I assume you haven’t been to many 
  • wmcf123 said:

You assume wrong.
  • edited May 2021

• Happy days!

A very young Ben Watson in that clip. And not in a red shirt! 

Yup, one that will never be forgotten  :D
  • wmcf123 said:

You assume wrong.
    Surely we’ve had many many better days than this from which we can take pleasure in our performance ?  As someone else said, they’ve been significantly better than us for most of the 16 years since . 
  • Happy days!

I really wanted us to sign him that summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy days!

16 years and he still hasn’t moved out of that penalty area. 
  • I've never known The Valley so full and so noisy 15 minutes after the game ended.

I remember one of my favourite posts of all time on their BBS asking for their advice. I just posted this....

Take Oklahoma City Blvd to I-40 W

6 min (2.7 mi)

Head south on N Robinson Ave towards W Sheridan Ave
    417 ft

Turn right onto W Sheridan Ave
    0.3 mi

Turn left onto S Walker Ave
    0.2 mi

Turn right onto Reno Ave
    0.3 mi

Slight right onto Oklahoma City Blvd
    1.8 mi

Follow I-40 W to US-287 N/US-60 E/S Buchanan St in Amarillo. Take exit 70 from I-40 W

3 hr 43 min (255 mi)

Merge onto I-40 W
    0.7 mi

Keep left to stay on I-40 W
    0.1 mi

Keep right to stay on I-40 W
    7.2 mi

0.5 mi

1.8 mi

5.3 mi

2.3 mi

7.4 mi

Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 70 for US-287 N/US-60 E towards US-87 N/Dumas/Downtown/Pampa
    0.8 mi

Continue on US-287 N/US-60 E/S Buchanan St. Take N Fillmore St to E Amarillo Blvd/U.S. Rte 66

5 min (1.6 mi)

Continue onto US-287 N/US-60 E/S Buchanan St
    1.0 mi

Turn left onto NE 3rd Ave
    0.1 mi

Turn right onto N Fillmore St
    0.4 mi

Turn right onto E Amarillo Blvd/U.S. Rte 66
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Happy days!

I really wanted us to sign him that summer. 
    Well you got your wish in the end. Just 15 years too late!
  • edited May 2021
    I remember being at London Bridge station a few years later when we were playing them at home in a night game and charlton were heading in one direction (down) and palace were heading in the other direction and their fans were singing ‘who’s fucking laughing now’ to the same tune...and I realised I was, still, and even more so as their chant made me realise how much it must have still been hurting them...

• Lets rejoice - we sent Palace down by beating them in a specific game. They have never sent us down. We are the winners.
    Errr, we didn't beat them.

Move on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Lets rejoice - we sent Palace down by beating them in a specific game. They have never sent us down. We are the winners.
    Errr, we didn't beat them.
    fair point well made....

Wow......and just how has relegating them gone for the 2 respective clubs...??  Have they yo-yo'd between the 2nd & 3rd tiers of English football & had to put up with playing in the tin-pot Pizza trophy, whilst we have had 10 years of Premiership football & having full stadiums every week.

Er, No.

Really dont get this love of "we sent the Palace down". For me it's been once disaster after another since that day. 

We stole their manager
    We got relegated
    We got relegated again 
    We got promoted
    We got relegated again
    We got promoted
    We got relegated again.

Plus shit owner after shit owner (until Sangaard). 

Be careful for what you wish for.
    F*** 'em!
  • Not having a dig at anyone who still gets a kick out of this game, but Im not going to be bragging to my palace supporting mates about how we relegated them in 2005 when they had nearly 10 years uninterrupted in the prem and an FA cup final appearance since. 
  • In 1905 a group of teenagers formed Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Thousands of fans have suffered since through a lifetime of misery and torture.

Be careful what you wish for.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Not having a dig at anyone who still gets a kick out of this game, but Im not going to be bragging to my palace supporting mates about how we relegated them in 2005 when they had nearly 10 years uninterrupted in the prem and an FA cup final appearance since. 
    They still play in a shit hole though.
  • Addickted said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Not having a dig at anyone who still gets a kick out of this game, but Im not going to be bragging to my palace supporting mates about how we relegated them in 2005 when they had nearly 10 years uninterrupted in the prem and an FA cup final appearance since. 
    They still play in a shit hole though.
    Cant argue with that!
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Two things worry me about this post.
    1. You have palarse mates. 
    2. You are willing to admit it in public. 
  • A great day..remember going mental when we scored, especially considering the disappointment of conceding the penalty.
    But I agree with others , this has now been superseded by 10 years of crap and worse living in their shadow!