Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

15th May 2005

2»

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Today, 16 years we relegated the palice buggers.

What a fantastic day.  If I live another 30 years I am certain this will be in my top five games watching Charlton.
    I assume you haven’t been to many 
    You assume wrong.
    Surely we’ve had many many better days than this from which we can take pleasure in our performance ?  As someone else said, they’ve been significantly better than us for most of the 16 years since . 
    Relegating your nearest rivals in this fashion is what dreams are made of.
    Millwall are our nearest rivals .  We’ll agree to disagree - I prefer to recall us winning games against good sides.  
  • Options
    I found the whole gloating by singing that stupid song cringeworthy.

Some of the comparisons to, for example, beating Man City in the Cup Final, are missing the point:
    We won nothing in May 2015.
  • Options

Some of the comparisons to, for example, beating Man City in the Cup Final, are missing the point:
    Correct, we were relegated.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

What a fantastic day.  If I live another 30 years I am certain this will be in my top five games watching Charlton.
    You assume wrong.
    Surely we’ve had many many better days than this from which we can take pleasure in our performance ?  As someone else said, they’ve been significantly better than us for most of the 16 years since . 
    Millwall are our nearest rivals .  We’ll agree to disagree - I prefer to recall us winning games against good sides.  
    You disagreed with me.
    However, enjoy the weekend.
  • Options
    I'm with you Elfs it's definitely in my top 10 favourite Charlton games.
    But then we both live in areas that have a high proportion of stripy pricks so we probably both enjoyed it that much more.
  • Options
    I'm with you Elfs it's definitely in my top 10 favourite Charlton games.
    But then we both live in areas that have a high proportion of stripy pricks so we probably both enjoyed it that much more.
    All day long Rambo.
  • Options

Correct, we were relegated.
    Hang on, I think we're both wrong.

Mine was a mistype. I meant 2005. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

You assume wrong.
    “Nearest rivals” said everyone from the palace stronghold of Bromley 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

You assume wrong.
    “Nearest rivals” said everyone from the palace stronghold of Bromley 
    And a worrying amount of spanners as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Scoham said:
    In 1905 a group of teenagers formed Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Thousands of fans have suffered since through a lifetime of misery and torture.

Be careful what you wish for.
    Not true.

Misery and torture yes, but moments, just moments, like Sasa saving Gray’s penalty, BFG94 and Fortune’s equaliser make up for the trials we all face in supporting the best football club in the land.
    How on earth can you put this up there with the two Wembley days ?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    bobmunro said:
    Scoham said:

Not true.

Misery and torture yes, but moments, just moments, like Sasa saving Gray’s penalty, BFG94 and Fortune’s equaliser make up for the trials we all face in supporting the best football club in the land.
    Football can be considered tribal by many.

The reaction of the Charlton fans that day suggested it was not just another game for thousands of us.
  • Options
    My 21 year old nephew and 24 year old niece were mascots that day and they still hate palace 
    although another sister married a palace fan and that nephew has worn a Charlton shirt around ours after we teased him for turning up in a palace kit .
    poor little kid was only 5-6 
    he’s due over in a few weeks and is now 8 and has a palace season ticket for next year .
    could get naughty 

• Options
    Jon Fortunes worst game for us in the Prem to be fair. Was terrible apart from the all important goal. Loved it that Curbs went all out attack with Thomas, Sam and Rommedahl all on at the same time.
  • Options
    Jon Fortunes worst game for us in the Prem to be fair. Was terrible apart from the all important goal. Loved it that Curbs went all out attack with Thomas, Sam and Rommedahl all on at the same time.

At fault for the penalty, never mind!
  • Options
    I remember being at London Bridge station a few years later when we were playing them at home in a night game and charlton were heading in one direction (down) and palace were heading in the other direction and their fans were singing ‘who’s fucking laughing now’ to the same tune...and I realised I was, still, and even more so as their chant made me realise how much it must have still been hurting them...
    We won that game as well! To end a non-winning run of about 25 games. And we were obviously still going down. Yet another hollow victory
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I remember being at London Bridge station a few years later when we were playing them at home in a night game and charlton were heading in one direction (down) and palace were heading in the other direction and their fans were singing ‘who’s fucking laughing now’ to the same tune...and I realised I was, still, and even more so as their chant made me realise how much it must have still been hurting them...
    We won that game as well! To end a non-winning run of about 25 games. And we were obviously still going down. Yet another hollow victory
    At least we won that one 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    bobmunro said:
    Scoham said:

Not true.

The reaction of the Charlton fans that day suggested it was not just another game for thousands of us.
    I was there for Kitson, Rommedahl and Todorov, all of which gave me a lot more pleasure. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    bobmunro said:
    Scoham said:

Not true.

I was there for Kitson, Rommedahl and Todorov, all of which gave me a lot more pleasure. 
    That's fair enough, all about opinions.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    A win is a win against them, even in tiddlywinks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    I remember it will, i was 16, great atmosphere that day.
  • Options

At fault for the penalty, never mind!
    And for Freedmans goal