Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vertigo........anyone had it?

2»

Comments

• My doctor has prescribed Betahistine Dihydrochloride tablets three a day (though he doesn’t have a great deal of faith in their effectiveness) + the Brandt-Darhoff Exercises.
    So let’s see what gives......funnily enough, I have been appreciably better today, with just slight symptoms but can still tell it’s there in the background.

Did they say what they thought the cause was?
    From my description over the phone he diagnosed BPPV.
  • I get it and take a medication called meclizine takes care of it right away the side effects are it makes you drowsy or tired.
  • My doctor has prescribed Betahistine Dihydrochloride tablets three a day (though he doesn’t have a great deal of faith in their effectiveness) + the Brandt-Darhoff Exercises.
    So let’s see what gives......funnily enough, I have been appreciably better today, with just slight symptoms but can still tell it’s there in the background.

I'm surprised it was diagnosed over the phone and that the treatment wasn't demonstrated to you in person. Is it still only phone consultation?

I really hope it works!

I'm surprised it was diagnosed over the phone and that the treatment wasn't demonstrated to you in person. Is it still only phone consultation?

I really hope it works!

If it persists I will of course ask for a face to face diagnosis or tests at my local major hospital.
  • Oddly I was listening to Robert Elms on Radio London today, and he had it last week and was saying how nasty it was.

I really hope it works!

If it persists I will of course ask for a face to face diagnosis or tests at my local major hospital.
    I was just asking because I know some surgeries are still reluctant to do face to face.

I really hope it goes.

I really hope it works!

I was just asking because I know some surgeries are still reluctant to do face to face.

I really hope it goes.

Hal1x said:
    Oddly I was listening to Robert Elms on Radio London today, and he had it last week and was saying how nasty it was.
    He’s not wrong.

I really hope it works!

I really hope it goes.
    Cheers hoof-it.
  • @SoundAsa£ Out of interest, do you also get Nystagmus when you’re having a dizzy episode? I often do, it feels very weird not being able to control what my eyes are doing.

https://www.optimax.co.uk/blog/what-is-nystagmus/#:~:text=Nystagmus%20is%20a%20condition%20whereby,or%20in%20a%20circular%20motion.
    I had that thing with the eyes. It's horrible. Even after the episodes started to subside just walking through a supermarket with the colours and labels made me feel dizzy. 

I don't think my eyesight ever really recovered from this. 
  • My other half as had vertigo since having Covid last spring. Seems that it’s one of her ongoing symptoms of Long Covid, as well as tinnitus, brain fog, breathlessness, poor memory, lethargy and a lot more. Vertigo was the first sign of it back in the autumn.

Don’t like to assume your ‘other half’ is female but all those symptoms including the vertigo could mean she’s menopausal too.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve had two bouts.
    First one was as a consequence of the menopause.
    Second bout was as a result of contracting Lyme disease.

It seems it is a common reaction when your body is dealing with something else.
    I really hope the medication works 🙏🏻❤️
  • I’ve had two bouts.
    First one was as a consequence of the menopause.
    Second bout was as a result of contracting Lyme disease.

It seems it is a common reaction when your body is dealing with something else.
    I really hope the medication works 🙏🏻❤️
    Thanks KB.
  • My other half as had vertigo since having Covid last spring. Seems that it’s one of her ongoing symptoms of Long Covid, as well as tinnitus, brain fog, breathlessness, poor memory, lethargy and a lot more. Vertigo was the first sign of it back in the autumn.

Don’t like to assume your ‘other half’ is female but all those symptoms including the vertigo could mean she’s menopausal too.
    You’re right, it could well be. I’m sure I read that the majority of Long Covid sufferers are women of pre menopausal age.

You’re right, it could well be. I’m sure I read that the majority of Long Covid sufferers are women of pre menopausal age.
    Interesting that peri menopause can start very early.
    Mine was 35 & if I hadn’t gone on hrt I think my full menopause would have kicked in before 40.
    Sending much love to your other half ❤️
  • Hi everyone, I feel a little nervous even posting on this thread, because for sure I don't have the terrible symptoms that some of you suffer; and you really have my sympathy. However some of the things mentioned here chime with my situation at the moment, which I'm trying to get to the bottom of; so if you will bear with me, I'll just describe it and if any of you recognise anything I'd be delighted if you would comment.

In November while the rest of you were watching us beat Pompey, I was in A&E having broken my nose in a really stupid accident at home. At the same time I was suffering from a buildup of earwax, which I get regularly. The following Friday I went as scheduled to have my ears syringed, it was a perfectly normal procedure with no pain, the doctor was satisfied my ears were all okay. But as soon as I got home I started feeling tinnitus.It has been bugging me ever since. So far we haven't got to the bottom of why it is there. But the reason why this thread interests me is that from February I also started feeling vaguely and momentarily dizzy. It definitely isn't vertigo as you guys  and gals describe it. The best I can describe it is like when you have the onset of a bad cold or flu you momentarily feel a bit strange as you move around the house. It somehow feels connected to my nose, which still isn't quite right - the fracture was at the bridge, it wasn't dislocated but I can just see a slightly misshape, and feel uncomfortable wearing my glasses for any length of time.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had a broken nose and then similar symptoms as their nose mends? I've quickly googled it, and it's funny, I can see on Google the people asked the question broken nose and tinnitus, but no answers came up directly addressing the question. Thanks in advance, and wish you serious vertigo sufferers some relief.
  • My dad had vertigo when he was having a stroke (which wasn’t diagnosed for about 10 days after first symptoms). I remember seeing him and it was horrendous for him.