Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eurovision 2021

Comments

• Options
    For me it's the worst ever winning song.
  • Options
    I liked the Italy song! Can see why it won anyway
  • Options
    Just imagine the party we will have when we next get a point.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I didn’t like it, not my thing, but I did say to the missus that I could see it doing well.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Liked Italy, can't see it winning though
    Why I'm not a gambler
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Hahaha I'm a twat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love a null pwunt. Its a badge of honour in this Euro Crap fest
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Just read through the last half dozen pages and you did call it early so well done for that.

I only lasted till the Jonathon Ross show came on and I didn't last through that either.  I believe the @Miserableoldgit user name has already been taken?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    However moody the voting is with nation’s politically voting i am confident the best song won in the end. Another shameful night for UK. Where do we go from here. Two 0’s in a row? 
  • Options
    Send shit songs get shit result.

BBC light entertainment need to let go, and hand the song choice and promotion to BBC Music
  • Options
    We got zero points. Wonder why? 

The winning song was shit.
    The UK's song wasn't terrible but the bloke couldn't sing and was immobile. You can't expect any points from that performance.
  • Options
    Hey, at least you know that as one of the big 5-6 broadcast members of the EBU, you're guaranteed being at the final (so already a bit like a Super League).

Ireland got knocked out in the first of the two qualifiers last week.  Null points in the final, you lucky, lucky...
  • Options
    Any UK entrant just has to treat it as a laugh now - we're going to do badly regardless of the song.

Nil points is a badge of honour.
    We should send the most outrageous performers we can find every year and just get them to take the piss out of the competition, or being blacklisted and the fact we get beaten by countries from two other continents.

Either that or just the Millllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllwall fans to sing their chant and then trash the set (in a good natured manner of course).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For those who think it’s a conspiracy, if the song is any good, why isn’t it in the Top 100 chart? Why won’t either of the BBC pop music stations play list it?

its shit, we treat it as a joke, when it could be won on a regular basis. Decent acts want to do it, the BBC have a problem with treating as a music event 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    For those who think it’s a conspiracy, if the song is any good, why isn’t it in the Top 100 chart? Why won’t either of the BBC pop music stations play list it?

its shit, we treat it as a joke, when it could be won on a regular basis. Decent acts want to do it, the BBC have a problem with treating as a music event 
    The song was average but certainly no worse than plenty of those in front of it. James Newman has written plenty of songs for other artists so he's got some history.

We've entered far worse sings in the past...
    https://youtu.be/XT6yOIC6ihI
  • Options
    As much as the winner didn't make my top 12, it'd already had 30m downloads before lastnight.. so was already very popular. 
  • Options
    I need to be clear, there were no songs performed last night that I would consciously download onto a personal device for anything other than novelty value 

• Options
    Rothko said:

Did well in the iTunes chart...

So it certainly got downloaded

http://www.itunescharts.net/uk/artists/music/james-newman/songs/embers/
  • Options
    Very little gets downloaded on the iTunes Store now a days, is there a Spotify version? 
  • Options
    It’s 99 in the Apple Music streaming chart as of today!
  • Options
    We dont do ourselves any favours do we?

For the first time in eons i was in a room where someone was watching as the UK version was on... 

A true LOL moment.   If we ever put out a decent effort would we ever get a fair shake from our european "friends" anyway?

• Options
    I think that lordi song is the best winner i’ve seen over the years. Nice to to see it performed again last night.