Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going to the pub on your own

13»

Comments

• Options
    are you allright??
  • Options
    Bit scuffed, nice bruise on my arm and knee, torn clothes, and a destroyed pair of cycling mits. Damage to the bike is a bigger concern, but the insurance will pay out on that I hope
  • Options
    how d'it happen mate?
  • Options
    Minding my own business riding across Westminster Bridge, a pedestrian steps off the pavement into the bike lane without looking, I tried to get round them, but the back wheel slipped out, and over I went, taking the pedestrian with me.

Couple of coppers where there, and they saw it all, had a go at the idiot for walking out, and helped me get the bike towards Waterloo east.

It'll hurt more tomorrow when the bruise comes up properly
  • Options
    i saw it, don't listen to him. He went through a red light, a pedestrian said something and while he was turning round giving them the finger he went straight into a bollard.

only joking mate, hope you're ok.
  • Options
    i saw a bloke do that yesterday, drives me mad when they just step out as well. stupidness.

still could have been worse, could have been a car you collided with!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i saw a bloke do that yesterday, drives me mad when they just step out as well. stupidness.

still could have been worse, could have been a car you collided with!

Yeah, or run over by a bus. Occupational hazard of cycling in London
  • Options
    I blame Ken and his pedestrian loving policies. Dig up all pavements and charge people who walk into central London. Also make pedestrian's wear big bells so normal people can hear them coming.

Glad you are OK, S. Bet you were playing the brave soldier last night ; - )
  • Options
    Nah, it's for my own good that minor scarpes aren't spoken about, as people worry enough about me riding, let alone when accidents happen.

Cheers all
  • Options
    If Boris was mayor it wouldnt have happened mate. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was the pedestrian ok ?
  • Options
    Bruised as well
  • Options
    hope your alright dood.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Bruised as well

Did they look like a rich city Type. Sue them for £125m
  • Options
    Northern monkey
  • Options
    Should 'ave kicked his head in then!!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Henry you say about sueing for 25 million. Well i was going past Charlton the other day and i was reading the Metro on the bus , i read that some high paid city worker, slipped over a petal outside a flower shop in Ldn and his trying to get 25 million in compensation as it will take him years to walk again.

Th Flower shop in Charlton village were actually sweeping up their petals as i read that little article , too co-incidental
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]Henry you say about sueing for 25 million. Well i was going past Charlton the other day and i was reading the Metro on the bus , i read that some high paid city worker, slipped over a petal outside a flower shop in Ldn and his trying to get 25 million in compensation as it will take him years to walk again.

Th Flower shop in Charlton village were actually sweeping up their petals as i read that little article , too co-incidental

He won. Not £25 Mil but over £1m.