Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Cameron Jerome leaves MKD for Luton who also sign Henri Lansbury. 
  • Richard J said:
    Cameron Jerome leaves MKD for Luton who also sign Henri Lansbury. 
    I saw that earlier and wasn't sure if it was true, if we had signed Jerome instead of either Smyth or Bogle our season could have been very different. 
  • Luton putting together a decent squad
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    I saw that earlier and wasn't sure if it was true, if we had signed Jerome instead of either Smyth or Bogle our season could have been very different. 
    Suspect the wage cap wouldn't have allowed that .

At the time I did wonder because he played with Bowyer at Brum .
  • AndyG said:
    Luton putting together a decent squad
    They've lost James Collins though
  • AndyG said:
    Luton putting together a decent squad
    They've lost James Collins though
    They are certainly going for experience .

Both Jerome and Lansbury are over 30 . 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    He only joined MKD around the same time we signed Bogle, didn’t understand then why we didn’t sign him.
  • Alan Judge has joined Colchester. There seems to be quite a community of ex Ipswich players there. 
  • Nixon with two Gills related Goalkeeping rumours.

Firstly Jack Bonham is being linked to Stoke and Ryan Allsop ex Wycombe is being linked to replace him at Priestfield. 
  • Young Arsenal leftsided defender Zechariah Medley is joining Ostend in Belgium on a permanent deal.

I had wondered about him previously for us but he has had terrible loan spells at Gillingham and Kilmarnock last season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    City officially bid 100m for Kane. (According to Fabrizio Romano)

It would be awful for the Premier League but part of me would love to see how many he’d score in that set up.
  • Laddick01 said:
    City officially bid 100m for Kane.

It would be awful for the Premier League but part of me would love to see how many he’d score in that set up.
    I would have thought that his Euro form so far would have lowered the asking price considerably .. still form is temporary, class permanent etc.  .. I doubt that even with his undoubted ability when fit and rested, Kane will be as successful as the phenomenon that was Aguero
  • Laddick01 said:

I would have thought that his Euro form so far would have lowered the asking price considerably .. still form is temporary, class permanent etc.  .. I doubt that even with his undoubted ability when fit and rested, Kane will be as successful as the phenomenon that was Aguero
    Is that the Kane that scores 0.68 goals a game for Spurs and the phenomenon Aguero who score 0.67 goals a game in that set up?

I think Kane might do alright at City, if he can get in the team..... 
  • Kane at City will be like a cheat mode to the Premier League, whether it's enough for the Champions League, be interesting to see. 
  • If he goes to City ( which I think he almost certainly will ) he will score a ridiculous amount of goals
  • I really thought City would wait a year and get Haaland next summer.
  • I really thought City would wait a year and get Haaland next summer.
    They will probably get Haaland next year as well. 
  • Millwall have had a bid for Josh Windass turned down by the Massive.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:

Is that the Kane that scores 0.68 goals a game for Spurs and the phenomenon Aguero who score 0.67 goals a game in that set up?

I think Kane might do alright at City, if he can get in the team..... 
    I never realised that their scoring rates were so similar. For no discernible  reason other than a gut feeling, I don't think Kane is suited to Man City's style, but who  am I to outguess Pip .. anyway, Kane will still be a Spurs player next season .. you read it here (not) first
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:

In 10 years at City, Aguero's highest league total was 26 goals. 184 in 275 games.

Kane has seasons with 29 and 30 goals. 166 in 242 games. In a much worse team.

If he's fit to play most games then in that City side he should be going close to breaking Salah's 38 game season record (32 goals) or even the overall scoring record (34).
  • Laddick01 said:

In 10 years at City, Aguero's highest league total was 26 goals. 184 in 275 games.

Kane has seasons with 29 and 30 goals. 166 in 242 games. In a much worse team.

If he's fit to play most games then in that City side he should be going close to breaking Salah's 38 game season record (32 goals) or even the overall scoring record (34).
    What about the actual record of 60?
  • 60 was before the Premier League was founded so doesn't count.
  • iaitch said:
    60 was before the Premier League was founded so doesn't count.
    It is the only record that can be quoted without requiring a qualification comment. 
  • edited June 2021
    Sunderland have had a million pound bid for Dion Sanderson rejected. 
  • Just a poor mans Nathan Ake!!
  • I'm a little surprised Ben Close signed for Donny.
    Wigan appear to have strengthened, but I'm not confident any of our (other) rivals have.
  • Josh Morris signs for Salford. 

• Only a one year deal, hasn't really happened for him, yet.