Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Smith confirmed by Sheffield Wednesday.

Ihiekwe to be announced any minute now.
    big changes at Wednesday .. they will be right up in the promotion race again
  • Options
    Jed Wallace has signed for West Brom
    big loss for Millwall
    We must be due a Millwall relegation watch thread on here surely?
    your day will come .. lucky you've kept cousin Murray who I'd LOVE to come n play for us .. most underrated defender in the Champ
    Agreed. Superb player. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Burnley agree 4 million for Twine. 
    Still annoys me that we didn't go for him last summer. 

Although no doubt he'd have been played out of position, looked shite and we'd be looking to loan him out to somewhere like Fleetwood now. 

On a side note though, i wonder who's making their signings as you can't tell me Kompany had even heard of him before this week.
    There was an interview with his agent where it was clear he wasn't going anywhere other than MK, and wasn't about money or anything. They saw their style of play as a clear springboard for him
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Although no doubt he'd have been played out of position, looked shite and we'd be looking to loan him out to somewhere like Fleetwood now. 

On a side note though, i wonder who's making their signings as you can't tell me Kompany had even heard of him before this week.
    There was an interview with his agent where it was clear he wasn't going anywhere other than MK, and wasn't about money or anything. They saw their style of play as a clear springboard for him
    I don't believe that for a second as it sounds like a typical 'endear player to the clubs fans' comment. If Wigan/Sunderland/Ipswich for example had offered him 2-3k a week more there's no way he'd have gone to MK.
  • Options
    And Burnley are hardly famous for their pure football, even with a new manager who will try to change their style 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Smith is a big lump, another year older.  Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't do so well next season and wouldn't want him at Charlton as he would encourage the hoof.

Cole Stockton still unattached....
    Stockton isn’t out of contract is he? I expected him to go to Wednesday, can’t see him bringing him after signing Smith.
    He’ll probably end up at Rotherham as Smiths replacement.
    Eves has replaced Smith.

Going to be a long winter in New York.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Chunes said:

I don't believe that for a second as it sounds like a typical 'endear player to the clubs fans' comment. If Wigan/Sunderland/Ipswich for example had offered him 2-3k a week more there's no way he'd have gone to MK.
    Can't find the article now but it wasn't like that "oh Dons were the only club for us" bollocks. MK were able to show through data that if they kept creating the same situations they were, and Twine was in their side, he would have a massive season and be on the springboard to a big Championship move. He did (20 goals and 13 assists in 44 apps) and now he is. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Here we go @Chris_from_Sidcup. This is from his agents, Momentum Sports Management. 

ed - think I'll also share what @Callumcafc originally wrote underneath this when it first appeared and gets it bang on.

"Watching Twine tonight and felt this needed to be requoted.

Player power is the name of the game. If we want to be signing players like Twine, we are going to require a forward-thinking coach to be able to attract them.

Let’s imagine Twine mk 2 was available this summer. Even if we were to speak to his agency about signing him, I’m not sure we would be able to convince them of our intent. They’d look at what we’ve done over the past two seasons and say thanks but no thanks.

Having said all of the above, it makes me think twice about my wish for a young and upcoming coach from League 2 or youth football. There is a massive task to turn this around and it’s going to need some strong leadership and experience to get it done right."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And Burnley are hardly famous for their pure football, even with a new manager who will try to change their style 
    I reckon Kompany will have them playing a totally different style .. Dyche's tactics were fine to avoid relegation for a while until his players ran out of puff .. The Champ is a good place to reshuffle the pack and start anew ..
    I recall seeing us play at Burnley in Tier Two and they played a very attacking and fluid game .. mind you they had Kieran Trippier floating like a butterfly and putting super crosses into the box for Ings, Vokes and the big central defenders
  • Options
    last game I think, looked leagues apart and that's the way it turned out....
  • Options
    big loss for Millwall
    Signed his replacement already. Zian Fleming from Fortuna Sittard, for 2.5 mill. 
  • Options
    big loss for Millwall
    Signed his replacement already. Zian Fleming from Fortuna Sittard, for 2.5 mill. 
    Looked him up, impressive stats. Let's hope he fails to settle in London and he is sold back to the Dutch leagues next summer for £1m 😂
  • Options
    big loss for Millwall
    Looked him up, impressive stats. Let's hope he fails to settle in London and he is sold back to the Dutch leagues next summer for £1m 😂
    How could he fail to settle in sunny Bermondsey? 🤷🏻
  • Options
    Super signing, Fernandinho replaced, and makes them massively stronger 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Rothko said:
    In what world does swapping Fernandinho for Kalvin Phillips make you stronger!?
    Is there a load of revisionism about Kalvin Philips going on? He’s top quality midfielder, fits into the Fernandinho role perfectly, and adds hugely to that team. 

If Pep thinks he’s worth it, that’ll do 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Rothko said:
    Is there a load of revisionism about Kalvin Philips going on? He’s top quality midfielder, fits into the Fernandinho role perfectly, and adds hugely to that team. 

Agree, he’s been out injured for ages and came back unfit for England duty. 

Fernandinho proved in the last couple of European games his best days are behind him. Excellent signing for City and England
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Rothko said:

Got more legs than Fern but nowhere near the quality IMHO
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Malik Wilkes signing for Sheffield Wednesday for 200k.

They’re really meaning business this season.

Wilkes trying to complete the Yorkshire set.
    Wow... £200k seems a bit of a steal
    Would assume he would have been on many other clubs lists but with not wanting to leave Yorkshire, it’s only ever going to be Wednesday.

£200k is a steal though, you’re right.

2 year deal too, I believe.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I have a feeling he will prove to be an overpriced failure
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Rothko said:

Got more legs than Fern but nowhere near the quality IMHO
    Well if he has more than two legs he is bound to be better.