Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    jams said:
    Very uncertain about Phillips to city - looks similar to ake's move to me - does fine but unremarkable 
    They have a crazy squad depth now though...

Ederson Steffen
    Walker 
    Laporte Ake
    Dias Stones
    Cancelo Zinchenko
    Rodri Phillips
    Silva Foden
    De Bruyne Gundogan
    Mahrez 
    Haaland Alvarez 
    Sterling Grealish

Maybe they'll want one more right back (but Cancelo is equally adept on either side) and one more winger (again people like Silva and Foden can play wide or through the middle) but I think Phillips is a great signing for them
    They won’t want a right back, it’s left back they need. Cancelo is a RB covering at LB and Zinchenko prefers to play midfield too. Fully expect Cucurella to be a Man City player soon. 

Be interesting to see if they sell Sterling and if so, replace him. Despite the signing of Haaland I feel they’d be a bit weak in the final third if they don’t. They might just plan to give Kayky a bit more game time. 
    How do you class a side with Haaland, Alvarez, de Bruyne, Foden, Mahrez, Bernardo and Grealish as weak in the final third? I think they also plan to give Cole Palmer who's highly thought of, more minutes.

If Sterling goes (as looks likely) then it's him and Jesus out, Haaland and Alvarez in. Haaland is definitely an upgrade on Jesus, and whilst still relatively unknown Alvarez is an Argentinian international and the current south american footballer of the year. 
    I worded it poorly but meant specifically in the attacking 3 positions of a 433. Bernardo and De Bruyne have tended to play CM so you're looking at Haaland, Mahrez, Alvarez, Foden and Grealish for 3 positions. If you're starting Mahrez, Foden and Haaland, you've got Alvarez who is unproven or Grealish on the bench. Grealish doesn't score enough goals and I think they'll miss this from Sterling. 

You say its two out, two in but I think they were already 1 down because they didn't replace Aguero. Just my opinion but I think they need to replace Sterling if he does indeed depart. 
  • Options
    Jed Wallace set to sign for West Brom.

Oliver Burke to sign permanently for Millwall. One of the quickest players I've ever seen. Just need to teach him how to play football and job's a good un.
    @MillwallFan - my thoughts on Burke  :#
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    jams said:
    Very uncertain about Phillips to city - looks similar to ake's move to me - does fine but unremarkable 

Ederson Steffen
    Walker 
    Laporte Ake
    Dias Stones
    Cancelo Zinchenko
    Rodri Phillips
    Silva Foden
    De Bruyne Gundogan
    Mahrez 
    Haaland Alvarez 
    Sterling Grealish

Maybe they'll want one more right back (but Cancelo is equally adept on either side) and one more winger (again people like Silva and Foden can play wide or through the middle) but I think Phillips is a great signing for them
    They won’t want a right back, it’s left back they need. Cancelo is a RB covering at LB and Zinchenko prefers to play midfield too. Fully expect Cucurella to be a Man City player soon. 

Be interesting to see if they sell Sterling and if so, replace him. Despite the signing of Haaland I feel they’d be a bit weak in the final third if they don’t. They might just plan to give Kayky a bit more game time. 
    How do you class a side with Haaland, Alvarez, de Bruyne, Foden, Mahrez, Bernardo and Grealish as weak in the final third? I think they also plan to give Cole Palmer who's highly thought of, more minutes.

If Sterling goes (as looks likely) then it's him and Jesus out, Haaland and Alvarez in. Haaland is definitely an upgrade on Jesus, and whilst still relatively unknown Alvarez is an Argentinian international and the current south american footballer of the year. 
    I worded it poorly but meant specifically in the attacking 3 positions of a 433. Bernardo and De Bruyne have tended to play CM so you're looking at Haaland, Mahrez, Alvarez, Foden and Grealish for 3 positions. If you're starting Mahrez, Foden and Haaland, you've got Alvarez who is unproven or Grealish on the bench. Grealish doesn't score enough goals and I think they'll miss this from Sterling. 

You say its two out, two in but I think they were already 1 down because they didn't replace Aguero. Just my opinion but I think they need to replace Sterling if he does indeed depart. 
    Which is ultimately Mahrez, Alvarez, Foden and Grealish for 2 positions because Haaland will play the majority of games when fit.

You're right in that they might miss goals from Sterling, but that's surely balanced out by the fact they now have Haaland. They won the league and should've reached the CL final and Sterling and Jesus got 30 between them last season in all comps. Haaland could easily beat that alone if he stays fit (which given his past is of course a doubt).

I also think we'll see better from Grealish this year, as i think he took a while to settle in and struggled to adjust to what Pep wants after being the main man at Villa. Sterling and Mahrez weren't great in their first seasons at City but then kicked on.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    sam3110 said:
    jams said:

Ederson Steffen
    Walker 
    Laporte Ake
    Dias Stones
    Cancelo Zinchenko
    Rodri Phillips
    Silva Foden
    De Bruyne Gundogan
    Mahrez 
    Haaland Alvarez 
    Sterling Grealish

Which is ultimately Mahrez, Alvarez, Foden and Grealish for 2 positions because Haaland will play the majority of games when fit.

You're right in that they might miss goals from Sterling, but that's surely balanced out by the fact they now have Haaland. They won the league and should've reached the CL final and Sterling and Jesus got 30 between them last season in all comps. Haaland could easily beat that alone if he stays fit (which given his past is of course a doubt).

I also think we'll see better from Grealish this year, as i think he took a while to settle in and struggled to adjust to what Pep wants after being the main man at Villa. Sterling and Mahrez weren't great in their first seasons at City but then kicked on.
    Yeah maybe, I rate Sterling so think they'll miss him. You'd expect Foden, Mahrez and Haaland to be the favoured front 3. I agree we should see more from Grealish, he'll be the first reserve and get plenty of opportunities. 

If they get rid of Sterling, the squad will be quality of course but only about 19 senior players. Smaller than their rivals that's for sure. 
  • Options
    George Honeyman set to sign for Millwal from Hull City.
    Benik Afobe to have a medical at Millwall ahead of another season long loan from Stoke City.
    Yep, happy with that. Along with with Fleming that’s three decent signings and adds a lot of creativity to the team. 

More to come as well apparently. 

Jed who? 
    Hoping for Ballard. Massive potential. Arsenal being d*cks, or so I've heard.

Also rumours of a full-back from, you guessed it, the Netherlands.

Let's see what happens. Happy so far...Burke incoming as well. He's, apparently, in Ireland with the squad so not sure why the club are holding out with the announcement.
    Do you rate Burke? He’s the only one I’m unsure of at the moment. Bundles of pace, but his end product can let him down sometimes, and his touch… Very heavy. 

Ballard would be a huge signing. 
    Burkes, one of those u think will come good, but prob won't...
  • Options
    As posted on the rumours thread. Chey Dunkley signs for Shrewsbury. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    George Honeyman set to sign for Millwal from Hull City.
    Benik Afobe to have a medical at Millwall ahead of another season long loan from Stoke City.
    Yep, happy with that. Along with with Fleming that’s three decent signings and adds a lot of creativity to the team. 

More to come as well apparently. 

Jed who? 
    Hoping for Ballard. Massive potential. Arsenal being d*cks, or so I've heard.

Also rumours of a full-back from, you guessed it, the Netherlands.

Let's see what happens. Happy so far...Burke incoming as well. He's, apparently, in Ireland with the squad so not sure why the club are holding out with the announcement.
    Do you rate Burke? He’s the only one I’m unsure of at the moment. Bundles of pace, but his end product can let him down sometimes, and his touch… Very heavy. 

Ballard would be a huge signing. 
    Burkes, one of those u think will come good, but prob won't...
    To be honest I won’t be bothered if we don’t make this signing. The business so far has been really good, and if we get Ballard as well I’ll be made up. 

Got some good youngsters coming through as well so hopefully Rowett will blood a few of them. 

Looking forward to the new season. 
  • Options
    Charlie Cresswell is apparently in talks to join Millwall on loan from Leeds - I'm gonna have to blank out the Championship season at this rate, think he's a very highly rated Centre-Back.
  • Options
    Yeah if they get him, Burke and Ballard then they've had a good summer.

A lot will depend on the new Dutch guy though (is he the Wallace replacement?). If he settles in quickly then they'll surely be in with a play off shout.
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Interesting, thought Arsenal were pushing really hard for him, and if Chelsea sign him will they cool their interest on Sterling?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Looks ill. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Looks ill. 
    I thought the same, so gaunt.
  • Options
    Hopefully a new start back in the game is what the guy needs. Wish him well.
  • Options
    To any of the Millwall fans who post on here. How much do you get from the Edozie deal from City to Bayern Leverkusen? 
  • Options
    To any of the Millwall fans who post on here. How much do you get from the Edozie deal from City to Bayern Leverkusen? 
    Not sure of the exact figure but believe we have decent clauses in place for both Edozie and Darko Gyabi, from both a sell-on and first team breakthrough perspective.

May go some way to explaining the change in spending pattern this summer.
  • Options
    That's a weird one.
  • Options
    That's a weird one.
    Suppose he'll get to play at Parkhead and Ibrox and perhaps AMB gave positive reviews 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Not bothered about this one. Would have been a gamble and an expensive one at that. We need another striker. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Not bothered about this one. Would have been a gamble and an expensive one at that. We need another striker. 

Burke is one of those players that I'm not really sure will ever live up to the potential he showed at Forest as a youngster. Probably a dodged bullet on that one. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Burke is one of those players that I'm not really sure will ever live up to the potential he showed at Forest as a youngster. Probably a dodged bullet on that one. 
    Yes I agree 
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/fgrfc_official/status/1541466434915770368?s=21&t=XoxVb64OMOoXg_8DAzj07w

Forest Green said in the new article ‘new number 11’ which is Nicky Caddens number. 

FGR fans convinced he’s off now. 

Rumoured he’s in talks with at least 2 championship sides but obviously would be a great signing 
  • Options
    Spurs have signed Richarlison
  • Options
    Spurs have signed Richarlison
    Really surprised no other clubs have come in for him, Spurs are a massive club no doubt but it doesn't seem any other club have shown much interest in him which I find strange. Especially when the fee seems quite reasonable for modern standards.
  • Options
    No harm in adding a good attacker to your squad, but in the second half of last season Spurs probably had the most in form front 3 in the league (Kane/Son/Kulusevski).

Doesn't Richarlison play on the left side like Son? 

• Options
    No harm in adding a good attacker to your squad, but in the second half of last season Spurs probably had the most in form front 3 in the league (Kane/Son/Kulusevski).

Doesn't Richarlison play on the left side like Son? 

Probably going to be told they dont play on similar flanks, but guess he's a replacement on Bergwijn who appears on his way out