Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Singapore group with Ian Rush links buying up non-league grounds

And leading to them going out of business.

Grateful if others could add the details please as it doesn’t feel right buried in an unconnected Members Only thread 

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Taken from other thread.

Whyteleafe FC and Abingdon Town both wrapped up yesterday:

http://www.theleafe.co.uk/?content=story&page=1849043590799676584

Whyteleafe is one of three non-league football grounds around the country that has been bought by Irama (the other two being 150 year old Abingdon Towns Culham Road and Brighouse Towns West Yorkshire Payments Stadium), and they have expressed interest to buy at least eight more.

Irama have close links to Ian Rush.

• Options
    Dreadful story - Ian Rush is a disgrace.
  • Options
    Is Ian Rush on Twatter ? I’m not, but maybe those who are could message him asking why he (who started at lowly Chester) is putting his name to this shameful strategy - clearly it’s a property development company
  • Options
    Is this not something that can be brought before Tracey Crouch?
    This is despicable 😡
  • Options
    I saw an FA Cup tie at Whyteleafe in 2019. It seemed like a decent club. Such a shame. Yet more crooks infiltrating football, but this time at a lower level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the other thread it says they have plans for 8 more grounds. This has to be stopped. It is a disgrace. Are they stupid to put their names to this behaviour. Beggars believe.
  • Options
    I wonder if they chose Brighouse Town because they already have a college attached to the club?  It does sound very similar to the Stevie G MBE academy model already.

It's a very strange set up https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/brighouse-towns-football-ground-put-sale-243971 all round. 
  • Options
    I saw an FA Cup tie at Whyteleafe in 2019. It seemed like a decent club. Such a shame. Yet more crooks infiltrating football, but this time at a lower level.
    Location, location, location. The development value of the ground has no relevance to the stature of the club they are putting out of business.

Utter bastards.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Just to be Clear:

Ian Rush has allowed his name for a fee to be used when Irama buy Football grounds at part time lower league level. He may believe they are never going to build on the grounds they are purchasing ! He may prove to be right( very unlikely) but being Cafc fans that is difficult to swallow. 

Steven Gerrard's business partner has agreed a fee with Irama to play matches at Whyteleafe for the SG academy so they have a base in the south east, a train ride away for many talented young footballers from South London, Kent, Surrey.

I know they are both Liverpool Legends but Steven Gerrard and Ian Rush have totally different roles in this story.
    Edit
    I have just seen Ian Rush on Sky sports News saying he is a massive supporter of grass roots football and the truth will come out !

• Options
    Is possible that talent found in the south east would end up with liverpool if up to standard?, added to the fact that small clubs are financially vulnerable,  hopefully the liverpool lads have the best interest of the clubs in mind and not just an opportunity. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I am going to hold fire regarding exactly what Ian Rush has been involved in all this, simply because I have always liked and respected him and am finding it difficult to believe that the outcome has been his intention.
    I and thousands of others are going to be hugely disappointed if he’s been heavily involved in these goings on.
    I sincerely hope he hasn’t. 🙁
  • Options
    Is possible that talent found in the south east would end up with liverpool if up to standard?, added to the fact that small clubs are financially vulnerable,  hopefully the liverpool lads have the best interest of the clubs in mind and not just an opportunity. 
    I doubt that they are the brains behind any of this, just the name and a chance to invest their money. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just to be Clear:

Ian Rush has allowed his name for a fee to be used when Irama buy Football grounds at part time lower league level. He may believe they are never going to build on the grounds they are purchasing ! He may prove to be right( very unlikely) but being Cafc fans that is difficult to swallow. 

Steven Gerrard's business partner has agreed a fee with Irama to play matches at Whyteleafe for the SG academy so they have a base in the south east, a train ride away for many talented young footballers from South London, Kent, Surrey.

I know they are both Liverpool Legends but Steven Gerrard and Ian Rush have totally different roles in this story.
    Edit
    I have just seen Ian Rush on Sky sports News saying he is a massive supporter of grass roots football and the truth will come out !

Are you saying he has been challenged by the press over this matter today ?

I can’t find anything on internet
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Good grief, they have an office in Cannes and a large yacht to charter.  https://www.irama.world/cannes_office.php

https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-26060/irama.htm

If it smells like....
  • Options
    Is Matt Southall involved?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Good grief, they have an office in Cannes and a large yacht to charter.  https://www.irama.world/cannes_office.php

https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-26060/irama.htm

If it smells like....
    Website looks dodgy...
  • Options
    "Ian Rush is a real estate investor and partner with Irama in all our football grounds shown on this page. Ian Rush plays no part in any other part of IRAMA's business unless stated, and nor should he be held responsible for any of IRAMA's acts. Ian Rush and IRAMA own these football grounds and have no affiliation to the clubs and teams using the grounds."

This is weird 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    "Ian Rush is a real estate investor and partner with Irama in all our football grounds shown on this page. Ian Rush plays no part in any other part of IRAMA's business unless stated, and nor should he be held responsible for any of IRAMA's acts. Ian Rush and IRAMA own these football grounds and have no affiliation to the clubs and teams using the grounds."

This is weird 
    Truly bizarre..
  • Options
    Absolutely disgraceful.
  • Options
    It's not weird or bizarre. They're attempting to lend their property acquisition and development company an air of legitimacy by using him as a frontman.

Rush's advisors are cretins - I suspect he has absolutely no idea about the company or its intentions, and his business/image management company didn't do their due diligence.
  • Options
    It's not weird or bizarre. They're attempting to lend their property acquisition and development company an air of legitimacy by using him as a frontman.

Rush's advisors are cretins - I suspect he has absolutely no idea about the company or its intentions, and his business/image management company didn't do their due diligence.
    Normally I'd agree with you 100%. My department once investigated a scam being fronted by a couple of famous snooker players - they had no real idea of what they had let themselves in for.  https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/illegal-club-closed-down-3551517

But it is odd that Rush is described as a "real estate investor" rather than "partner" or "ambassador" or some such.
  • Options
    Is Matt Southall involved?
    No mention of Range Rovers yet.